SA youngsters provide glimpse of the future

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

SA youngsters provide glimpse of the future

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Everyone was asking for it now we've got it! Local youth talent!
There may have been nothing riding on the result in terms of a top six for the Reds in their last game of the season, but for three young local players, it meant a whole lot.

Gold Coast United did it when their chances of making the finals all but extinguished, and dare mention an oval ball football code – it has also been highly prevalent amongst AFL clubs when any chance of a finals berth is gone. Blooding youngsters and exposing them on the big stage towards the end of a season when finals are out the question has become common practise in modern times among football codes.
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... ture/46567

I love how they are trying to excuse the fact they played the kids. AUFC its ok! We have to blood youth at some point. If people are dumb enough to complain that they are doing this then take one look at the Australian Cricket Team's results after Warne and McGrath retired.
Time to Djbate!
mr united
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: SA youngsters provide glimpse of the future

Postby mr united Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:02 pm

gee im glad kossie sees potential in kostopolous cause i didnt see much,i saw more potentional in kamara than him, but then again kossie wasnt a very skilful player when he played just a runner and relied on his physical atributes
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 pm

gee im glad kossie sees potential in kostopolous cause i didnt see much,i saw more potentional in kamara than him, but then again kossie wasnt a very skilful player when he played just a runner and relied on his physical atributes

Thats a little ruff, kamara was completely lost out there and gave nothing always in the wrong position and when had the ball looked backwards.....and tbh fair enough to the kis is only 15.

To say kostopolous showed less then kamara is quite harsh.

Also have to remember livewires like ian ramsay never made it till early twenties so these kids are well ahead
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Thats a little ruff, kamara was completely lost out there and gave nothing always in the wrong position and when had the ball looked backwards.....and tbh fair enough to the kis is only 15.

To say kostopolous showed less then kamara is quite harsh.

Also have to remember livewires like ian ramsay never made it till early twenties so these kids are well ahead
Exactly we can't expect every kid to hit the group running like Leckie. Most have to find their feet and gain experience.
Time to Djbate!
General Ashnak
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:43 pm

I can see a lot to like in all the kids actually, I wouldn't mind going down the GCU path shown by Mulvey and having a lot of youngsters with an experienced spine to lead them.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:26 pm

I can see a lot to like in all the kids actually, I wouldn't mind going down the GCU path shown by Mulvey and having a lot of youngsters with an experienced spine to lead them.
Thats almost exactly what the line up for the MH game was. Not pretty but the result pleased me. I think though a few more games together and we will certainly see more attacking intent.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”