Your Hindmarsh Experience

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Your Hindmarsh Experience

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Your "Hindmarsh Experience"
In order to start compiling a history of the club, Adelaide United FC would like to build on the "Hindmarsh Experience" of games, special moments and memories from previous years. How many remember :
•2005/06 v Sydney FC - Scores were level at 2-all before Fernando Rech scored the winner late in the game in front of 14,000 fans - from Jim.
•2006/07 Preliminary Final v Newcastle Jets - Decided on penalties, with the crowd the loudest on record at Hindmarsh. We triumphed 4-3, it wasn't the biggest crowd but definitely the best I can remember - from Jim.

If you can add to these, we would love to hear from you. Simply email info@adelaideunited.com.au
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... date/46473
Time to Djbate!
Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: Your Hindmarsh Experience

Postby Nash Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Great idea! 

Mine would probably be the 1-0 win over Queensland Roar to get into the 08/09 Grand Final. Massive boot up from Eug, flicked on by Moore and smashed away in the top corner by Barbiero from about 20 yards out. Didn't have a dollar to my name but during that goal celebration I knew somehow I was getting to Melbourne the next weekend!

In general though, Hindmarsh is a place that feels special. At the start of every new season, when I start walking up to the first home game of the season I get a buzz inside - a feeling of familiarity and happiness. A place i feel connected to. Match days are the highlights of my week - beer, mates and football. Hindmarsh is home.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Match days are the highlights of my week - beer, mates and football. Hindmarsh is home.
Me too! Its really one of the main things I have missed since moving to London.
Warm summer nights singing away, jumping up and down, slagging off the ref! It doesn't get much better!

IMO ACL nights are special. There is always just that bit more passion and importance in the games.
3-0 V Bunyodkor was such and amazing night!
Time to Djbate!
Schultzy

Postby Schultzy Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:26 pm

the moment when lucas pantelis (I think) chested down THAT ball vs Bunyodkor in the first of our goals, beating them 3-0 at home and basically wrapping up I think it was a finals place when so much had been made about the salary differences and how we never stood a chance!

Also beating melbourne 4-1 at home back in season 3 was an absolute joy to be a part of!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Bunyodkor , AU please release this game on dvd
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 pm

How you would it be if they brought out a dvd for that whole campaign!
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Nash- That goal by barbiero is definetely my favorite hindmarsh moment of AU history, love seeing it on FOX highlight reels still.

Best away moment would be October 4 2010 vs Sydney, Robbie Cornthwaite gets thrown forward in they dying minutes of the game, picks up the ball on the right wing by the half way line, dribbles past a couple of defenders, dummies Keller, low cross to Ramsay who slams the ball in to the top of the net to win the match.

As we are an Unofficial forum maybe we should have a "worst AU moment just for shits and giggles), definetely mine would be Cristiano's soft red card in the Grand Final.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:04 pm

We have a new marketing guy now, maybe someone should contact him and make the suggestion. I would love an AU highlights DVD collection, Greatest Goals, 2008 ACL campaign, 2012 ACL Champions...
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:16 pm

We have a new marketing guy now, maybe someone should contact him and make the suggestion. I would love an AU highlights DVD collection, Greatest Goals, 2008 ACL campaign, 2012 ACL Champions...
And he plays football for Campbelltown. Everyone should be happy he's a football person! Whether he's good at his job is another issue! Good luck mate!
Time to Djbate!
Nash

Postby Nash Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Man I'm going to enjoy this thread :D

My favourite away experience would have to be the 1-4 win in Melbourne. Another trip I couldn't afford at the time but it just felt like it was time to win! I'd been to the previous 4 or 5 away trips against Victory, and was sure as hell not going to miss that win. Nothing hurts more then losing in Melbourne, having the long trip home, thinking how much the refs screwed us lol, and how much money I'd spent to watch us lose to them arseholes again. Especially after the 2-1 loss that saw Suhka Dick take out Leckie... That win was priceless! ...and picked up that weekend over there too, which helps :P

My first ever match was an away trip to Melbourne, ain't that crazy? Before i'd even watched us at home. I had just turned 18 and my friend dragged me along on one of the buses that Jimmy and/or Con would organise (I think) back in the day. 2 amazing fans by the way. It was the second leg of the 05/06 semi-finals were Victory snatched it 2-1 in injury time. Bastards. It all turned hectic, I had a ripped flare thrown at me by Victory supporters that hit me in the back! Security took us under the stands even before the final whistle, and all around me United fans were crying... a sight that was confronting and puzzling to me... But after processing that experience on the trip home, I genuinely fell in love with football and have been a season ticket holder for 4 years running now. Oh Adelaide, i love you :)

P.S. I teared up when we went down 1-3 to Roar still in the 1st half in fear of what was to come lol, my heart is definitely cemented in this club!
the moment when lucas pantelis (I think) chested down THAT ball vs Bunyodkor in the first of our goals
I could be wrong but I have a feeling that was Alemao.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:52 pm

My favourite Hindmarsh memory is burned into my mind and I have a photographic memory. It's from the Bunyodkor game when Rivaldo tried to karate kick Cornthwaite but missed and accidentally kicked the ball up the other end of the ground for a goal for Adelaide...

...it was Diego you fools.
Nash

Postby Nash Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 pm

...it was Diego you fools.
Ah good call :bow:

I feel slightly racist now lol....
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:12 am

Favourite moment was Cornflakes redemption goal vs Kashima. My first ACL game and I was jumping out of my skin. Normally stand at the east end but decided after a few shots of dutch courage to join in with the boys at the north end, found myself hugging random strangers with tears in my eyes that night.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:21 am

Cornflakes standing over Rivaldo. Anybody still got that picture?
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:22 pm

Diego's first game was against Sydney. I think we were just behind them near the top of the table and needed to win to keep ACL hopes alive.

Big crowd, tense game...and Fernando scored a scrappy winner in about the 81st minute. The noise in the place was immense.

Also, Serg's headed equaliser in the dying seconds against Joenbuk in the ACL knockout stage. The noise and sheer will of the crowd as we lined up for the corner was pretty special, and the celebrations around the ground when that ball hit the net were awesome.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”