Griffin speaks about Hindmarsh deal

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Griffin speaks about Hindmarsh deal

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Adelaide United will consider whether to move soccer games to Norwood Oval or Marden because of a $25,000 match fee to use Hindmarsh Stadium.

Reds chairman Greg Griffin said the board was yet to make a decision on a deal that would see the match fee rise from $16,000 per game last year to $25,000 from the end of next month.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-27/h ... in/3915218

There audio of an 8 min interview with Greg Griffin.
IMO this explains why AU are looking to cut a lot of costs for next year.
As he said AU had a budget at the start of the season for Hindmarsh and by the end of the season that budget had blown out by $250,000, and it looks as though nest season will be even worse.
So I think before everyone jumps the gun and lays the boot into the board for apparently having NFI. Hear AU's side of the story.
IMO I would love AU to stick it to the government and go play a season at Marden just to see how they go finding another tennent for Hindmarsh.
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Re: Griffin speaks about Hindmarsh deal

Postby View From The Top Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Or the team could play good, entertaining football and bring the fans back. Anywhere other than Hindmarsh and we'll be looking at Gold Coastesque attendances.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
Red rooter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Van dijk - cassio

Postby Red rooter Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Adelaide United will consider whether to move soccer games to Norwood Oval or Marden because of a $25,000 match fee to use Hindmarsh Stadium.

Reds chairman Greg Griffin said the board was yet to make a decision on a deal that would see the match fee rise from $16,000 per game last year to $25,000 from the end of next month.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-27/h ... griffin/<a href="tel:3915218">3915218</a>

There audio of an 8 min interview with Greg Griffin.
IMO this explains why AU are looking to cut a lot of costs for next year.
As he said AU had a budget at the start of the season for Hindmarsh and by the end of the season that budget had blown out by $250,000, and it looks as though nest season will be even worse.
So I think before everyone jumps the gun and lays the boot into the board for apparently having NFI. Hear AU's side of the story.
IMO I would love AU to stick it to the government and go play a season at Marden just to see how they go finding another tennent for Hindmarsh.

Agree.... That is bullshit that the government is putting the costs up that much, no team would survive. Like to see who uses it next year with no reds
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Something in the paper about Globe Derby Park?!?!?
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Something in the paper about Globe Derby Park?!?!?
Makes you think the board is just going to every available venue to really emphasise to the government that we ain't bluffing.
mr united

Postby mr united Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:36 pm

the salt lakes are avilable next to globe derby as well,maybe we should check the availabilty of them as well
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:34 pm

I'd be worried about Hindmarsh being sold to developers if United decide to take a long lease somewhere else.
No other club in the state could afford it or even go near the numbers needed to make it viable.

It's prime real estate.
The government would be under pressure to make it viable.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:46 pm

I'd be worried about Hindmarsh being sold to developers if United decide to take a long lease somewhere else.
No other club in the state could afford it or even go near the numbers needed to make it viable.

It's prime real estate.
The government would be under pressure to make it viable.
I can't see that happening personally. There is already an issue of lack of facilities for sports clubs this would just hghlight how greedy the government are and they don't want everyone knowing that now!
Time to Djbate!
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:19 am

Greg Griffin is doing a very good job of highlighting the inadequacies of this government. I think we should support his efforts and start writing to our politicians. Especially we should be getting on to the shadow sports minister Dan van Holst Pellekaan via Dan.VHP@parliment.sa.gov.au and highlighting the disparity between the way negotiations between the SANFL, SACA and the government occured with the involvement of the Stadium Management Authority and how we are being treated via the Office of Recreation & Sport.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:23 am

Greg Griffin is doing a very good job of highlighting the inadequacies of this government. I think we should support his efforts and start writing to our politicians. Especially we should be getting on to the shadow sports minister Dan van Holst Pellekaan via Dan.VHP@parliment.sa.gov.au and highlighting the disparity between the way negotiations between the SANFL, SACA and the government occured with the involvement of the Stadium Management Authority and how we are being treated via the Office of Recreation & Sport.
Totally agree. No point sitting around whinging! Action is required here!
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:58 am

Are we still "second class sport" citizens down there?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:06 am

Are we still "second class sport" citizens down there?

B)
Yes we are sadly.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:25 am

How exactly does it highlight the inadequacies of the government? It might show exactly how lowly football sits on the goverment's priorities (and lets be honest, that's probably in line with the majority of South Australians' priorities) but I'm not really sure how seeking a higher rent at Hindmarsh demonstrates a political inadequacy.

I'll stress that I find it disappointing, but if I take off my football-tinted glasses I find it difficult to argue the logic from a political perspective.
#WeAreUnited
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:33 am

Id be suprised if the opposition allow themselves to be draen into this as they would not want to bee seen as supporting the aleagues cause in an afl mad town , particularly when they have scrutinised spending on adelaide oval.

But you never know

The fact is, this is just a political game now , but thats the world be live in
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:04 pm

How exactly does it highlight the inadequacies of the government? It might show exactly how lowly football sits on the goverment's priorities (and lets be honest, that's probably in line with the majority of South Australians' priorities) but I'm not really sure how seeking a higher rent at Hindmarsh demonstrates a political inadequacy.

I'll stress that I find it disappointing, but if I take off my football-tinted glasses I find it difficult to argue the logic from a political perspective.
I am looking at this from the perspective that the Stadium Management Authority (not a part of the government) is used to handle the AO situation and that the Office of Recreation and Sport (a government department) is used to handle Hindmarsh Stadium. Why our we subject to a government department and yet the SACA and SANFL are not? Why do they get their stadium deals negotiated along purely mutually beneficial commercial terms and we have ours dictated to us by an entity that has stated that though they prefer us to use Hindmarsh they don't actually care if we don't.

That is not soccer tinted glasses, that is fustration with an inequitable commercial situation.
Terry Pratchett wrote:

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”