Adelaide United v Gamba Osaka Match Day Jamboree!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: Adelaide United v Gamba Osaka Match Day Jamboree!©

Postby Old Gregg Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 pm

The Dario and Bruce haters can stfu for a while, both were absolutely immense - and linked up really well with each other
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Another thing, where were all the people :?
Disappointing, considering our history in the ACL & with Gamba.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 pm

WOW! What a game. Clinical, disciplined football. Gamba never had a chance!

Could have easily been 4 or 5-0.

Would love to see Vido pull the trigger more than doing his trademark cutback onto his weaker left foot but what a game.

Cannot fault anyone's performance tonight. Malik was ridiculous - easily our best. Our defence was a rock.

Just wow, wow, wow.

Top of the group baby!
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 pm

I was at the game. It was just lucky Gamba were only a shadow of their former selves and were more hopeless than us.
Yes we won 2-0 even with our ineptness should have been 5 or 6

Bruce is hopeless, Mullen may have scored but lucky he was on the right if he had been in central defence the mistakes he made would have surely cost goals.
In 20 A league games this season Vidosic has not even looked like putting in a tackle, so he goes and does 3 in the first 18 minutes!!!!! that says more about him than anything.

Our passing stills lacks weight, direction and conviction and desision making is still questionable for professional footballers.

Refereeing was not bad (compared to the ALeague) as usual and the ref did not put up with any guff, a few decisions were questionable but it went both ways.

One last thing, obviuos that SVD did not want to be there and played like it when he came on. Disinterested and not willing to run or chase. Definately gone
supsup

Postby supsup Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Far out! I can't fault anyone.

Dario played a great game. Showed he could match it in J-League for sure. Turns on the speed and his foot skills were sublime.

Bruce was so strong and his turns were fantastic.

Malik read and broke up EVERYTHING that came his way.

Cassio and Ramsay played very well together and our back four were generally rock solid, including You've Done It Again.

Mullen did his deer-in-the-headlights thing he does but apart from that was very good. He irritated me much less than usual.

Caravella was solid but held the ball too long on occasions and there were moments when his passes were just a metre or two negative instead of in front when the opportunity was there.

Everyone was good! I'm pinching myself.
supsup

Postby supsup Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 pm

I was at the game. It was just lucky Gamba were only a shadow of their former selves and were more hopeless than us.

Bruce is hopeless, Mullen may have scored but lucky he was on the right if he had been in central defence the mistakes he made would have surely cost goals.
In 20 A league games this season Vidosic has not even looked like putting in a tackle, so he goes and does 3 in the first 18 minutes!!!!! that says more about him than anything.

Our passing stills lacks weight, direction and conviction and desision making is still questionable for professional footballers.

Refereeing was not bad (compared to the ALeague) as usual and the ref did not put up with any guff, a few decisions were questionable but it went both ways.

One last thing, obviuos that SVD did not want to be there and played like it when he came on. Disinterested and not willing to run or chase. Definately gone
Wow, negativity much?
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Damo

Postby Damo Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:56 pm

And to cap off a great night

Pohang 0 - 2 Bunyodkor

Top of the table!!!!
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Just got back from the game! Fantastic performance! Small crowd, but a very good atmosphere. Vidosic was awesome. Malik and Usucar were dominant in the centre of midfield...

And a LOL at all our 4 goals so far this campaign, coming from defenders!
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 pm

For a shitty crowd, the atmosphere tonight was awesome. Well done to both ends for keeping up the noise and getting the western stand involved.

Great performance, something was cooking right from the start with our discipline in keeping shape in the 4-1-4-1. Players communicating loud and clear to cover everything - it was very, very nice to see.

Big love tonight to Pancho who I thought was sensational. Resisted his more physical urges and played a controlled game, taking up space and keeping things together.

A risk to play him in what's an advanced role for him, and there were a few moments in the second half when he found himself in a prime attacking position and looked a bit startled, but man he played a huge role in our win.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Gamba had no ideas today, was expecting alot more of them, we actually matched and often dominated the mdfeld!!

As i said before the game dario would have a big one tonight as he could probably get a jleague contract out of it.. But well done to him and the rest of the boys!

Oh any anyone who watched the telecast that can tell me if fox gave us a shred of credit for the win or did they allude to gamba just being poor?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Bunyodkor up 2 nil, looks like we will be a game clear ontop of the group wooo
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:03 am

Gamba had no ideas today, was expecting alot more of them, we actually matched and often dominated the mdfeld!!

As i said before the game dario would have a big one tonight as he could probably get a jleague contract out of it.. But well done to him and the rest of the boys!

Oh any anyone who watched the telecast that can tell me if fox gave us a shred of credit for the win or did they allude to gamba just being poor?
They said Adelaides play and gameplan were pretty much perfect
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:47 am

Wow harsh on Bruce. Honestly if he scored it would be the only way he could have played better tonight. He was in my top three easily. Our passing was the best it has been all season. I have never seen an HAL side complete so many long balls as tonight. There were times I honestly thought we could have cut it at EPL. :o No joke I really believe that. They say every dog has their day for many of our guys tonight was it. No lets hope we can keep this ball rolling. After tonights result I feel we can handle anything Asia can throw at us.
Time to Djbate!
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:15 am

Sorry for the negativity I saw agame last night where we should have murdered Gamba and blown out our goal difference to unassailable levels and sent a message across Asia.

Yes we played well, ( Strange though --- this is pattern that Coolen was trying impliment, but thats another story ) but our skill level does'nt match the energy sometimes.

Usucar was brilliant, sat on Edo so he no influence at all and still able to break up attacks. Malik was a rock, Eugene at his unpassable best, Cassio and Ramsey had the Japs bamboosled.

But I bet most of you watching still clench in the nether regions when we have possesion and are passing the ball around, especially when there are oppostion near and how many times in a match do you say to yourself "what do he/they do that for?" For me its too many times a game. That frustrates me no end.

Bruce does not impress me, for a front line striker he may have speed, srength and energy, but there is no guile or vision and now at his age and experience you would expect that.

One PS: had that been an A league ref it would have been probably 2 nil to gamba
Both goals would not have been as the ref would have given frees to the goaly for pushing in the box prior to the balls going in.
Mullen would have been sent off, the fair tackle when the gamba player hit the hoarding (noise alone) would have drawn a card and one of his later tackles would have drawn a second.
I HATE the cheating incompentant A League refs

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”