John Kosmina to keep Reds' coaching job

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mr united
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

John Kosmina to keep Reds' coaching job

Postby mr united Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:06 pm

ANTONY Golec unwittingly has revealed John Kosmina will keep Adelaide United's coaching job on a permanent basis.

Golec yesterday confirmed the club had started contract renewal talks with him. That pointed to Kosmina being just an official announcement away from being named permanent coach.

A line-up of potential coaches, including at least two from abroad with super credentials, want to be heard but Kosmina looks well positioned for the job.

The Reds' board is understood to be content with giving the role to a local after Kosmina won the hearts of the money men in a guest-speaking engagement before the clash away to Melbourne Victory last December.
more
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6302073997

and this club is trying to win back fans they have lost :bang:
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: John Kosmina to keep Reds' coaching job

Postby Nash Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:10 pm

I personally like Kossie, but dumb move IF true. I hope he's signing on as football director - which is still possible.

Golec isn't necessarily a 100% reliable source... at least I hope not.
mr united

Postby mr united Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:17 pm

it seems like that if you have a big mouth you must be a good coach, proves owners have no idea about soccer, cause they like the way he speaks. unbeliveable :evil:
bazz the ballbreaker

Postby bazz the ballbreaker Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:24 am

it seems like that if you have a big mouth you must be a good coach, proves owners have no idea about soccer, cause they like the way he speaks. unbeliveable :evil:
so true for this lot! Lots to look forward to by the sounds of it ................. not.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:04 am

Not what I wanted to hear, hopefully Golec's got it wrong
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:13 am

Time will tell but after the Coolen debacle I'm all for a bit of stability.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:42 am

I personally like Kossie, but dumb move IF true. I hope he's signing on as football director - which is still possible.

Agree with everything.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
craketo

Postby craketo Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:22 am

mmm, Hope this isn't true, If they feel the same after interviewing other coaches go for it, but at least interview some other coaches! Don't just take the easy road and appoint him because he's been the interim coach!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:41 pm

This.

I like kossie, and I think if he was appointed to be the football director he would do a good job making sure the passion is there and that there would be a good South Australian contingent in the squad.

But kossie for manager, kinda makes me worried all ready. I don't mind the 4-1-4-1 for the ACL as we would probably get destroyed if we played with a different formation and style. But for the future its not a system I would want the club to be associated with. Nor do I think he could develop a quality youth set-up. We could do better and deserve better.

It makes me worried not only the way we play but makes me worried about the state of our board. Sure they are making right decisions about saving money and generally making the club better off the field. But with decisions they make about on-field issues, really shows how new to this they really are. You would think they would have someone on the board with a bit of football knowledge, or at least get an outside consultant of some sort.

We have the right ingredients to be a great club, we just need a few good seasons of on-field success. Is kossie the man to deliver this, I don't think so. I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think we are in a position to be taking a gamble.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:31 pm

This.

I like kossie, and I think if he was appointed to be the football director he would do a good job making sure the passion is there and that there would be a good South Australian contingent in the squad.

But kossie for manager, kinda makes me worried all ready. I don't mind the 4-1-4-1 for the ACL as we would probably get destroyed if we played with a different formation and style. But for the future its not a system I would want the club to be associated with. Nor do I think he could develop a quality youth set-up. We could do better and deserve better.

It makes me worried not only the way we play but makes me worried about the state of our board. Sure they are making right decisions about saving money and generally making the club better off the field. But with decisions they make about on-field issues, really shows how new to this they really are. You would think they would have someone on the board with a bit of football knowledge, or at least get an outside consultant of some sort.

We have the right ingredients to be a great club, we just need a few good seasons of on-field success. Is kossie the man to deliver this, I don't think so. I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think we are in a position to be taking a gamble.
Spot on.

Melbourne heart for example had decided long before a ball was kicked they wanted to build a culture of attacking and skillful football at their club.

So they appointed a coach that would help create this culture, then signed players ( mostly youth based ) that fit into the culture they wanted to create

They have never deviated from this even when things were tuff, i remember scott munn saying their next coach would need to fit into the clubs culture and be suited to the way heart want to play.

Why cant adelaide united have this kind of attitude? Its often said adelaide has the most football educated crowd in the league....well surely such a crowd deserves a club striving to bring new standards to the game in australia.

To me , the 2 club who should be doing this have infact gone backwards ( adelaide and victory)

This is why i feel heart are a real sleeping giant in australia.... Wake up AU!!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
RedRis
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby RedRis Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 pm

"permanent basis" LOL since when was anything in football permanent?

The Good (If true):
A. No Merrick
B. Early decision hopefully means we wont be loosing more ground to the other clubs with recruiting players.

The Bad (If true):
Once again it appears that the club haven't gone through an extensive and objective process in finding a new coach. And appears there is no blueprint for taking the club forward.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:59 pm

A line-up of potential coaches, including at least two from abroad with super credentials, want to be heard but Kosmina looks well positioned for the job.
One of them we know to be Nunzio Zavettieri, does anyone have a clue who the other guy is?
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:11 pm

If true, Kossie must be cheap or paying the club

Anyway how would Gollec know?
Maybe a Gypsy told him, poof! just like that.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:37 pm

lol
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:55 am

Probably one of your better posts right there :boogie:

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”