Brisbane Roar FC V Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: Brisbane Roar FC V Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!©

Postby bpowell454 Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:00 am

Just watched the game, I think we played brilliantly, we were definetely going into this game at a huge disadvantage to Brisbane after all that travel.

We got a bit sloppy towards the end of the match but I was definetely happy with what we achieved.

Caravella was great today, 1 costly mistake, feel for him.

Good high intensity training match for next ACL game.

BTW, Golec was good in goal while birighitti was running around the edge of the 18 yard box. lol
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:34 am

Just as everyone has said, very happy with the match. Even if we did go down 2-1 I'd of been happy as the result did not mean all that much to us. The fact that we played well and got defence training under our belt is brilliant and is what matters. Let's be honest, it's more of an embarrassment that Roar didn't put us away, as our legs (understandably) died off for a good 20 minutes there at the end.

I think that Malik was again pivotal today. As soon as he had to leave the field I felt a drop in confidence and quality at the back. McKain took a long time to get in the game, which is very understandable - but he had some sloppy play and bad positioning. Happy to see him fit again though. I'd like him to get some more A-League minutes. But yea, as I was saying, Malik is in some very fine form right now.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 am

I agree, Malik was and has been fantastic. I really can't see where McKain is going to fit into the team, especially with Fyfe coming into the squad. Unless we play 2 DMs but I would rather have Malik + Levchenko or Malik + Usucar in the ACL.

It's a shame cause McKain must have some quality but we have alot of defensive options right now and they are all on good form.

Commentators again mentioned Vidosic to be "Heavily" linked with a move to Brisbane and Issey Nakajima-Farran to be "tentatively" heading to Adelaide.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Interesting to see Rambo go straight to McKain on the sideline after the goal for a big hug. Working together on his right foot, maybe?

Thanks for the vid futbol_crazy
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Interesting to see Rambo go straight to McKain on the sideline after the goal for a big hug. Working together on his right foot, maybe?

Thanks for the vid futbol_crazy
Thank Bogz888.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 pm

I agree, Malik was and has been fantastic. I really can't see where McKain is going to fit into the team, especially with Fyfe coming into the squad. Unless we play 2 DMs but I would rather have Malik + Levchenko or Malik + Usucar in the ACL.

It's a shame cause McKain must have some quality but we have alot of defensive options right now and they are all on good form.

Commentators again mentioned Vidosic to be "Heavily" linked with a move to Brisbane and Issey Nakajima-Farran to be "tentatively" heading to Adelaide.
Well talk is that Lev is on the way out.
I would want three Issey Nakajima-Farran's for Vidosic!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”