Oscar Wilde

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Oscar Wilde

Postby lufcmike Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Having watched the replay of last nights game this arvo, I am now become convinced of a couple of things.

We need a wealthy owner, one who supports the club, wines and dines the FFA, but likes a good whinge. (ala tony sage / grant tinkler)

He must occasionally make noises about giving the game away etc, to keep the FFA on their toes and keep them sucking up to him.

The Clive Palmer debacle has brought this situation into sharp focus.

And this where Oscar Wilde comes in. I could'nt help thinking about his play "The Importance of Being Earnest" and paraphrasing Lady Bracknell: To lose one wealthy backer is unfortunate. To lose two is just careless.

With that in mind and after what pasted as refereeing last night I expect the Grand Final in a few weeks time to be between Perth and Newcastle .

Got to keep that gravy train rolling.
flavze

Re: Oscar Wilde

Postby flavze Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:02 pm

lol, we already have the wealthy owner/s that whinges enough and does the wine and dine.

FFA will be happy enough with another GF in Brisbane and another 50k crowd.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm

No we have Owners, not wealthy owners, remember they are the Geezers that run North Adelaide Roosters (a real powerhouse of money, power and influence). They are not rich but hope they can skim some cream off the club. (thats their idea of business)

The FFA loves the really rich sugar daddies in the Abramovich/ Glasser/ Shiek Mahtoumb style which is why they suck up to Palmer/Tinkler/Sage so they can fantitise that they are part of the mover and shaker brigade.

A platter of cold chicken and lettuce in what asses for corporate boxes Hindmarsh is hardly how the FFA see themselves as, they want champange on a private jet.

I still maintain the FFA in general, hate and detest Adelaide, and have actively worked against AU for years both off the pitch and definatley on the pitch with the officials who they control. They would not want AU to fail but they can hang around as long as they are just ballast making up the numbers and are no threat to the the chosen team of the moment.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Money doesnt get you anywhere in this league past 2 years have proved this.

Ccm roar nix ontop
Aufc goldy mv sydney nj cant keep up but have cash

Yes i know roar have a sugar daddy now but its irrelevant for this season
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:33 am

Money doesnt get you anywhere in this league past 2 years have proved this.

Ccm roar nix ontop
Aufc goldy mv sydney nj cant keep up but have cash

Yes i know roar have a sugar daddy now but its irrelevant for this season
Thats a very good point. IMO Asia is still where HAL clubs must lift their game. If CCM and BR do well there as they should and must, then that proves that a good Aussie coach and a decent community program (CCM) are all you really need to invest your money into to get good results on the park. But can these results continue with lack of funds? I think if we continue on as we are into the future we will start to see which clubs were smart about their investment and youth schemes by the young players they promote. This may see the poorer clubs start to be over taken by the ones able to afford to put money in their youth academies. AU has one how good it will be time can only tell.
Time to Djbate!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:46 am

our owners have dropped north adelaide, we are their sole focus now
flavze

Postby flavze Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:09 pm

No we have Owners, not wealthy owners, remember they are the Geezers that run North Adelaide Roosters (a real powerhouse of money, power and influence). They are not rich but hope they can skim some cream off the club. (thats their idea of business)

The FFA loves the really rich sugar daddies in the Abramovich/ Glasser/ Shiek Mahtoumb style which is why they suck up to Palmer/Tinkler/Sage so they can fantitise that they are part of the mover and shaker brigade.

A platter of cold chicken and lettuce in what asses for corporate boxes Hindmarsh is hardly how the FFA see themselves as, they want champange on a private jet.

I still maintain the FFA in general, hate and detest Adelaide, and have actively worked against AU for years both off the pitch and definatley on the pitch with the officials who they control. They would not want AU to fail but they can hang around as long as they are just ballast making up the numbers and are no threat to the the chosen team of the moment.
Gerard alone would be richer than Sage let alone all our groups wealth added together.
Tinkler would only just be wealthier than the AU consortium if at all.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:25 pm

hope gerrard can organise that we have two home games against mvfc next season, can't remember the last time we had that

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”