Nunzio Zavettieri

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mr united
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Nunzio Zavettieri

Postby mr united Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 am

do badges and certificates make you a great coach
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:00 am

You can buy badges at the merch stand for 5 bucks each... Just saying
These badges cost thousands. Just the B license is $6,000
do badges and certificates make you a great coach
No it doesn't but not just anyone gets handed badges either you do have to know your shit.
As with Uni it doesn't assure that the person will be great in the profsession it leads to that depends entirely on the individual itself but it does give you training and experience to set people on the right track. The rest is up to them and the club that hires them.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:49 am

IDOLISED coach Jose Mourinho had endorsed Italian boss Nunzio Zavettieri long before he landed on Adelaide United's doorstep.

But after meeting Adelaide chairman Greg Griffin last week, the Italian is seemingly well positioned to win a role.

Mourinho - Real Madrid chief and former Inter Milan manager - paid Zavettieri the ultimate compliment when the Portuguese selected three of the Italian's youth team prodigies, including under-21 international Lorenzo Crisetig, for Inter's first team.

Zavettieri also worked with Italian Luciano Spalletti at Udinese before the former Roma boss won titles galore with Russia's Zenit.

"I would love to work in this fresh environment," Zavettieri said.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6288775499

Holger and Wenger came through the J-league. Why not a few great coaches now come through the A-league!
IMO until wages increase to a level compareable to the other big Asian leagues (which is miles away) we need coaches with an eye for youth development as we'll have to consistantly promote youth if our current players start to shine (I'm talking in the next few seasons!) After the Rini saga I'm a little afraid to say 'Yes lets sign the guy!!!' As it seems most of you are judging by the general lack of excitement from this thread.
IMO lets sign him on ATM as a assistant and then let Michael Petrillo, the other coaching staff and the board see how he goes during the ACL and rest of the season. If he impresses good, great, grand, wonderful!
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 pm

To be honest I just want a manager with a bit of direction and ambition. Kossie doesn't really seem to express any of those things. But this Zavettieri guy does. We need a guy that will define the way we play and the we operate (football matters) for years to come. The person to do this could be this guy or it could be someone else, doesn't really matter we just need to get the ball rolling so we don't fall behind other teams in the A-League.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:28 pm

we should right all the wrongs that rini implemented.
i know we cant get stubbins back now which im really shitty over the way he was handled.
get our previous fitness team back. ffs they were the fitness teams of Fulham FC in the epl. you dont make it there unless you are decent. and they only left because they didn't agree with rini's training system. lets get a decent coach again and with zavettieri taking control of the youth team we should be on the right track. im sure he would have an eye for good young talent and be able to fast track them into the senior team.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:22 pm

we should right all the wrongs that rini implemented.
i know we cant get stubbins back now which im really shitty over the way he was handled.
get our previous fitness team back. ffs they were the fitness teams of Fulham FC in the epl. you dont make it there unless you are decent. and they only left because they didn't agree with rini's training system. lets get a decent coach again and with zavettieri taking control of the youth team we should be on the right track. im sure he would have an eye for good young talent and be able to fast track them into the senior team.
I think the youth team role is only a rumour.

It could be senior coach, or football directer or some other fancy title
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Nunzio Zavettieri? I'm sure I took care of him in Assassin's Creed II...

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”