Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree! ©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

FloresARed4Eva
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: All of them!

Re: Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree! ©

Postby FloresARed4Eva Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 pm

This team is incredibly boring to watch and has been all season. Tonight further proved that. Utter rubbish from a team that was predicted to make the top 4 this season.

I hate what our team has become.
Marcos Flores we love you, Marcos Flores we need you. Marcos Flores please come back, we need you to drive our attack!
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 pm

I don't know if it was because everyone else was terrible but Watson was better IMO.
We looked a tiny bit better with Caravella on he needs to start from now on.
I hope that Vidosic's frustration was at how bad he played. The last thing we need is him pissing off.
Time to Djbate!
FloresARed4Eva
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: All of them!

Postby FloresARed4Eva Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:40 pm

I don't know if it was because everyone else was terrible but Watson was better IMO.
I hope that Vidosic's frustration was at how bad he played. The last thing we need is him pissing off.
Watson needs to go after this season, or be a bench midfielder, because he is NOT a RB. His crossing is woeful and the only reason he is at RB each week is because we have no depth there. I can't believe the club let Marrone go. How depressing

Vidosic has no one to blame but himself.
Marcos Flores we love you, Marcos Flores we need you. Marcos Flores please come back, we need you to drive our attack!
2UtdsDundeeAdel

Postby 2UtdsDundeeAdel Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:40 pm

See I'm not sure - Caravella and Watson do a lot of running, but 9 times out of 10 they just turn around again and play the ball backwards - just not penetrative enough.

And if Vido pissed off, would we really miss him?
MelbourneRed
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fabio Ferreira
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling Along

Postby MelbourneRed Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 pm

PS - Vidosic clearly does not want to be in this squad - very very disappointing
Agreed, That dummy spit was pretty friggin' ordinary - his attitude is really starting to become apparent and I think affecting how he's playing. Not sure how much value he's bringing to the team at the moment despite his obvious talent.
"To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink." - JB Priestly
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:48 pm

PS - Vidosic clearly does not want to be in this squad - very very disappointing
Agreed, That dummy spit was pretty friggin' ordinary - his attitude is really starting to become apparent and I think affecting how he's playing. Not sure how much value he's bringing to the team at the moment despite his obvious talent.
If he's is furious about our play fair enough so am I. If he's furious at getting subbed he needs to take a look at his own performance.
Time to Djbate!
2UtdsDundeeAdel

Postby 2UtdsDundeeAdel Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Its not just that tho - its also his mini dummy spits when he doesnt get the ball
He throws his hands up and gives up

This all stems from those (supposed) rumours about him wanting to head back to the Roar.

We are getting nowhere near enough value from our Marquee no 10.
He needs to pull his head in and stop acting like a primadona superstar
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Vidosic can go.

He is not and will never be an Adelaide United player with heart and soul.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm

I can understand vidosic's frustration tonight. Our midfielders distribution tonight was absolutely terrible forwards and backwards. Melling is definetely not first team material, he shouldn't be on the bench either. I was screaming at the tv when he got subbed on, it should have been Caravella and then I realized how much of a joke it was when he got subbed off. All we can do now is match test new formations and tactics to use in the ACL.

I'm pretty sad about this whole season, every player has terrible first touch, we have terrible anticipation (when was the last time a rebound went our way) and positioning, every single player has been terrible.

I thought we could handle Newcastle and possibly build our confidence to maybe test Roar, Glory and CCM.

I think that vidosic is the least of our roster problems.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 pm

I can understand vidosic's frustration tonight. Our midfielders distribution tonight was absolutely terrible forwards and backwards. Melling is definetely not first team material, he shouldn't be on the bench either. I was screaming at the tv when he got subbed on, it should have been Caravella and then I realized how much of a joke it was when he got subbed off. All we can do now is match test new formations and tactics to use in the ACL.

I'm pretty sad about this whole season, every player has terrible first touch, we have terrible anticipation (when was the last time a rebound went our way) and positioning, every single player has been terrible.

I thought we could handle Newcastle and possibly build our confidence to maybe test Roar, Glory and CCM.

I think that vidosic is the least of our roster problems.
Yeah I agree with that. Its one of those things, if we blood youth expect to cop a fair few poor performances.
Thats why GCU are bottom and Fury were before that.
IMO I don't think that is a good option because if the kids turn out to be any good they will surely leave for Europe or Asia and we'll be back at square one again. Youth is important but I can't see it building any dynasties we need players like Dodd who are good but not good enough to leave our shores.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 am

This season vidosic has spent more time tweeting about brisbane roar then he has adelaide.

Also there was a moment in the game he stopped playing and just argued with the ref and moped around.

IMO let him go to brisbane and we can get back flores
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:18 pm

the players have given up end of story, sad but true
johnnyhopeful

Postby johnnyhopeful Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:42 pm

How many of our players would get into the top 2 teams ...NONE I say keep the young players with potential,perhaps cassio and serge although age is catching up with them ,at least they can cross the ball and show some skill
The bottom line is we should be looking at and improving our youth not giving someone a last pay cheque
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:31 pm

How many of our players would get into the top 2 teams ...NONE I say keep the young players with potential,perhaps cassio and serge although age is catching up with them ,at least they can cross the ball and show some skill
The bottom line is we should be looking at and improving our youth not giving someone a last pay cheque
I do agree with that but if we do go down that path expect similar results for a while till the kids come of age. But as a result crowds my plumet and if it works too well and the kids turn out to be great they will surely head off the Europe or Asia and we're at square one again.
AUFC needs to get the perfect mix of youth and experience. We need young guns like Burns and Leckie while the older brigade offer experience while but unlikely to hit the road in search of their dream move.
Time to Djbate!
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 am

I do agree with that but if we do go down that path expect similar results for a while till the kids come of age. But as a result crowds my plumet and if it works too well and the kids turn out to be great they will surely head off the Europe or Asia and we're at square one again.
AUFC needs to get the perfect mix of youth and experience. We need young guns like Burns and Leckie while the older brigade offer experience while but unlikely to hit the road in search of their dream move.
This is true - but the problem is it is also exactly what Rini did with the squad. On paper it looked like a great mix of youth and experience with a handful of fringe Socceroos as well. Then it all went to shit. Good teams are 30% recruitment, 30% player application and satisfaction, 30% good management and 10% pure good luck. This year we've been 15% recruitment, 10% player application and satisfaction, 5% good management and 0% pure good luck. 50% doesn't get you finals or happy fans. It's a year to forget, which is really sad considering the hopes we all had for the new owners and team. Adelaide's Achilles heel has been player dissatisfaction for too long now. Hard to understand with the best stadium and the best fans in the league.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”