Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree! ©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

redhorse
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree! ©

Postby redhorse Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:30 pm

I havent felt like this for a long time, i almost cried at the final whistle. I love this club, but NOTHING is going right this year!!

We are gunna get hammered in the ACL becuase we will get half the chances and we will not score one
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Damn, I thought we really played like a football team through that second half. We were unlucky, how many saves did we force, how many times did we hit the post. Thought that Bruce could have come on earlier and thought Melling could have come on for vidosic at about 80min mark.
Thought Lev was good, "we will fight to the end", shame he killed Apollo Creed but.

This is going to be unpopular- Galeckovic hasn't been great the last few games, not really bad, just not his normal high standards.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:38 pm

I don't know why people bitch about Ramsay's crossing when a much bigger problem is that he stops chasing through balls if there is another player in the same postcode.

Also not a single player in the squad will use both feet and this tactic of watching the loose ball roll past you in the 6 yard box as you stand around exclaiming "I can't believe that missed OMG, Can you?" doesn't seem to be working.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Sorry Adam, when it happens once or twice it is unlucky, when it happens again and again it is no longer luck but the fact we are not good enough.
But if we had actually done something in the first 45 I would likely agree with you :)
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:56 pm

good teams make the most of there chances....we don't. Necevski made me realise what it's like for other teams when galekovic is on top form
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Sorry Adam, when it happens once or twice it is unlucky, when it happens again and again it is no longer luck but the fact we are not good enough.
But if we had actually done something in the first 45 I would likely agree with you :)
yeah, very good point lol
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Couple of things to start with:
I've been saying this for years We need Asian refs in the A League, these 3rd class twats we have now are a disgrace and have not improved in the 7 seasons of the league, they are just an impediment and an inditement on the state of the game here. There will never be an Aussie at the world cup.

Kossie needs to get the gypsy in. All this season the ball just has not been running for us. Get in a Gypsy to remove any curses on the side (I know that means half the side would disappear)It worked for the Don and Leeds in 62

The game, just no luck, Pancho was outstanding for most of the game and Ramsey's run and speed were a highlight. The back four played well except for 2 occasions at that was all sydney needed.
Their keeper was Eugene like and the thickness of woodwork on the posts needs to be reduced.

Its almost like back to the Coolen era when you just go to see what else can go wrong!!!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:36 pm

I cannot recall a game since kossie started that we would have lost or drawn had we not been so farken wasteful.....seriously every game we had a right to win!!

How the fark is it that every game we have a pretty intense half where we create so much but earn so little and then in the other half we are diabolical....EVERY WEEK

Nick carle- used to like him, but when lev went down in the box carle saw itlooked for a pass, looked at lev and looked for another pass till he realised his team mates were not willing to play dirty.

Ref over ruling the linesman giving sydney a corner then taking one off us....same shit different day.

Red terrace- top marks keep up the good work!

Scott jamison- have to admit he was a champ tonight, he had alot of fun with the north end and came down and gave everyone an applause
after the match, imo.... Class! EDIT, just noticed he replied and aknowledged every single au fan that thanked him for the show of respect......gotta hand it to the little weasal thats was classy!
Last edited by shinAUFC on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Nick carle- used to like him, but when lev went down in the box carle saw itlooked for a pass, looked at lev and looked for another pass till he realised his team mates were not willing to play dirty.
He should have kept playing. The injury wasn't even remotely serious and Levchenko still decided to lie down in the middle of the penalty area, (playing many players onside.) I've heard Kosmina on the effects mic a few times excoriating Adelaide players for doing the same thing, so he would be a hypocrite to complain.

Personally I think he should go one step further and announce that from now on the team will not kick the ball out and tell the players not to give the ball back in the same situation unless the ref stopped play.
flavze

Postby flavze Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:17 pm

ffs, same shit different week.
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:25 pm

as much as i hate to say it... it really is going to be embarrassing for anyone involved with aufc come acl time :(
Interloper

Postby Interloper Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:03 am

as much as i hate to say it... it really is going to be embarrassing for anyone involved with aufc come acl time :(
Not if they pull their heads out of their own arses. Remember, for all Gamba's obviously superior play, The Club World Cup match-up was within centimetres of turning on the introduction of Robbie Younis of all people.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:12 am

Scheisse.
That's all I have to say at the moment.

AU 1- 2 SFC
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:41 am

I did not get to see the game so am struggling a bit as I read through the comments.

What I read is: "We played better than last week however didn't quite bury the chances"

I am not sure how this translates into:
"We are dead in the ACL"

Last week we were ugly, against Persipura we were better but looked lazy, now it sounds as if we were ok but were unlucky and lost.

If that is the way things are progressing then we are heading in the right direction for the ACL
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:17 am

Exactly right blahblah.

Our A-League season was over a while ago for mine, so although I'm not happy we lost, dropping points doesn't matter so much. I wasn't that upset on full time, because the team actually played very well and on another day could have buried Sydney. We were extremely unlucky - had a goal off a corner disallowed for no particular reason, hit the woodwork, got denied by some great saves. It was a fairly high-quality game in general actually, both sides had some very nice moments.
"It's the way it works sometimes, you don't have to be dead to be stiff."
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”