Fan's best ACL player V Persipura Jayapura

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Top three players V Persipura Jayapura

Euge
No votes
Watson
3%
Boogs
3%
Lev
31%
Cassio
8%
Barbs
3%
Rambo
3%
Vidosic
26%
Malik
No votes
Bruce
No votes
Serg
18%
Caravella
3%
Kostapoulos
No votes
Melling
5%

Total votes: 39
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Fan's best ACL player V Persipura Jayapura

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 pm

I thought I'd start this up for the campaign.
Vote for your top three.
Could be interesting!
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Fan's best ACL player V Persipura Jayapura

Postby sevengoals Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Is there "none of the above"?

:D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Is there "none of the above"?

:D
yeah i was thinking that! It was a tough choice for me!
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 pm

I voted for-
Lev, cause I thought he made two pretty good chances for himself, both resulting in goals and was solid at the back.
Vidosic, cause he played well and provided good ball for serge and Bruce in the first half and had some flair in his play.
Serge, wasn't his best game but I think he was in the right areas, made good runs but didnt get the service and he beat defenders well.

But all in all we played a lesser team and we still made a lot of mistakes. Hard to pick 3 players really, I almosted voted for Watson just for improvement, but he wasn't better than anyone else, just better than himself last week.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 pm

I voted for-
Lev, cause I thought he made two pretty good chances for himself, both resulting in goals and was solid at the back.
Vidosic, cause he played well and provided good ball for serge and Bruce in the first half and had some flair in his play.
Serge, wasn't his best game but I think he was in the right areas, made good runs but didnt get the service and he beat defenders well.

But all in all we played a lesser team and we still made a lot of mistakes. Hard to pick 3 players really, I almosted voted for Watson just for improvement, but he wasn't better than anyone else, just better than himself last week.
Are you serious? The way he is playing he would struggle to get a game for Persipura!
I really thing AU need to start seeking new options. Personally I would rather see the kid playing RB for our NYL side have a go.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Maybe I was led by the commentators as they thought he was playing well, he seemed to be doing better than last week. Trust me I'm not a fan of watson in RB, but his crossing was better tonight.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Maybe I was led by the commentators as they thought he was playing well, he seemed to be doing better than last week. Trust me I'm not a fan of watson in RB, but his crossing was better tonight.
One cross was good I'll give him that it only took him 90 mins to make it. The rest of his crossing should be considered clearances
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Haha, maybe I have beer goggles on for Watson tonight, I'm sure he will frustrate the shit out of me on Sunday. Hope Bruce can bounce back against Sydney, he was poor tonight maybe a bit greedy/goal hungry? Which is alright if you can put one away.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:40 am

Its wierd with Bruce cos its not like he isn't scoring at all. He has 5 goals this season. Sure not the best but certainly could be worse. Personally for the next game I would love to see Kossie go with Kostapoulos he showed a bit tonight, and certainly brought a different feel to the frontline. I reckon him playing off Serg may work quite well.
Time to Djbate!
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:57 am

His first touch of the ball showed something to me. Seems a good prospect.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:36 am

I voted for Vidosic / Lev / Watson.

Vidosic - absolutely our best player most weeks, by a long shot. Last night his passing was slightly off but his ball control, ability to beat players and speed with the ball at his feet was a joy. Put in plenty of work all over the midfield, and his dead ball deliveries were quality. I get that people think he's lazy or sooky - but I reckon it's just that he shows his frustrations more than other players (he is Croatian, after all). Subbed off obviously to keep him fresh for Sunday.

SexyVegchenko - I am really warming to this bloke. Put in a very solid shift, looks extremely calm under pressure and happy with the ball at his feet. Made a couple of errors that could have been punished (letting his man get around him too easily) but more than made up for it with some cracking last-man defensive efforts. Good at spreading the play, loved that he got a goal.

Watson - OK I fear I will be slated for this, but I reckon he played very well. Unfortunately he seems (along with Bruce) to be the new target for the boo-boys but defensively he's usually excellent, reads the play and positions himself very well, works extremely hard up and down the right flank and is a good passer of the ball. Last night he did all of those things fantastically. He did have a couple of useless crosses, and a ping from outside the box that headed into the crowd, which everyone noticed - but he also put in a few very good crosses, including one onto Djite's noggin and one to Serge, both could have been put away.

I didn't vote for Caravella or Melling only because they were only on the pitch for a short time, but both of those guys were excellent. Extremely smart & tidy players... Melling reminds me a lot of Barbiero, except he's possibly smarter at reading the game and better with the ball at his feet.. and he's only 16. Very bright future for that kid. I want to see them both start against Sydney, at the expense of Barbs and Ramsay.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 am

i cant wait to see melling get a start. he is very mature for his age, he knows how to open up the play and has a good distribution going forward. i didn't vote for him in this survey as he only played 15 mins.
watson is a muppet. the first 10 mins he killed at least 3 good chances going down the wing. his crossing is terrible. when is dilevski back? and when he is, she should be playing in RB
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:00 pm

[quote="Old Gregg"]I voted for Vidosic / Lev / Watson.

Vidosic - absolutely our best player most weeks, by a long shot. Last night his passing was slightly off but his ball control, ability to beat players and speed with the ball at his feet was a joy. Put in plenty of work all over the midfield, and his dead ball deliveries were quality. I get that people think he's lazy or sooky - but I reckon it's just that he shows his frustrations more than other players (he is Croatian, after all). Subbed off obviously to keep him fresh for Sunday.

You realise that the number 10 is Vidosic!
He's been subbed in his last 3 games because he's not following team rules and being lazy. (including last night)
He's not that good , he may be in his own mind,(and thats most of the problem) but he's no high flyer, from his play with us it looks like he's just held up by hot air.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:05 pm

i cant wait to see melling get a start. he is very mature for his age, he knows how to open up the play and has a good distribution going forward. i didn't vote for him in this survey as he only played 15 mins.
watson is a muppet. the first 10 mins he killed at least 3 good chances going down the wing. his crossing is terrible. when is dilevski back? and when he is, she should be playing in RB
Totally agree!
Also I voted for Caravella. Sure he didn't start but we seemed far better going forward once he came on.
Time to Djbate!
Chips
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby Chips Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:01 am

Watson is average at best. Every aspect of his game is average. His only positive is does gwt up an support in midfield.

But distribution is slow which is why he always turns back. He lets crosses come in. He positioning isnt that great. But worst of all the crossing is crap. And for some readon we set the play up to switch to him at least 5-10 times a game.

The fact that aufc has made a play for marrone (even thou we failed) shows the club sees RB as a weakness at our club. It does need fixing quick smart.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”