nominations for new coach for next year

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mr united
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: nominations for new coach for next year

Postby mr united Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Stubbins clearly the best man now and was before Coolen was appointed. I know you will all say that history but bllody hell they did get it really really wrong when they overlooked him!!!!!!!

I am aware that there is a clause in Stubbins Thai contract which says if there is a better offer elsewhere he can walk.
Its up to the AFC heirachy now to consider the way forward.
His wife of 10 months also lives in Adelaide and is commutting to Thailand when she can around her work commitments. Good incentive to come home I reckon.

All this could be off the plate too if he stars in Thailand for 12 months and he gets an offer from those adjacent soccer nations (Korea, Japan and maybe the developing nation )India
we got it wrong when we didnt appoint postecoglou and opted for vidmar

Serious? We got it wrong for appointing vidmar?
-lead us to a grand final on very tired legs from our international club matches, we probably would have won the prem and championship that year if we did not do so well in acl.

-lead us out of the group stage the following season

Sure his lqst season here was not good but lets not forget we were ownerless and had little money, plus viddie set up an amazing squad for rini in the end.

Had the club appointed ange , most football know it all would have been very very angry .
ok lets compare both a-league records at the end of this year,bet postecoglou wins hands down.and then next year you can compare his acl record compared to viddies
mr united

Postby mr united Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:52 pm

unfort viddies system doesnt allow for scoring goals lol woops sorry just emaphacising our olyroos :D
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 pm

I guarantee you , if we signed ange as coach and you everyone else would have had a heart attack!! Much the same as when most people said mariners were doomed with arnie.

#expertsafterthefact!!

Seriously!! Its laughable that a couple of seasons ago arnie and ange names held a different stigma about it by know it all fans.

....anges youth national team record is so much better.....

Both are very talented local coaches, but to say one would have done better in a for a certain club then another is all hot air
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:21 pm

I guarantee you , if we signed ange as coach and you everyone else would have had a heart attack!! Much the same as when most people said mariners were doomed with arnie.

#expertsafterthefact!!

Seriously!! Its laughable that a couple of seasons ago arnie and ange names held a different stigma about it by know it all fans.

....anges youth national team record is so much better.....

Both are very talented local coaches, but to say one would have done better in a for a certain club then another is all hot air
Personally I have always rated Ange but I will admit I was a huge hater of Arnie. IMO the Asian Cup was his fault and the 2008 Olympics were even worse. But he has certainly proved me wrong since then. Just goes to show how important decent coaching badges appear to be!
Time to Djbate!
mr united

Postby mr united Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:11 pm

time to go kossie :bang:
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:05 pm

We can't blame Kosmina here.
He was left with this mess.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
mr united

Postby mr united Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:25 pm

no no of course not we couldnt blame rini either,kossie has had more than enough time to prove himself stop making excuses
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Sorry, but I put full responsibility for this mess on Coolen.
(And if we are honest the owners should also take some responsibility for allowing such a radical change in personnel in such a relatively short space of time.)

He dismantled a good team and failed with his experiment.
Kosmina has been left to pick up the pieces.

The team was inadequate under Coolen and it is still in adequate under Kosmina.

Let's face it, we are in for a few more years of pain regardless who takes over.
I don't see this as an excuse just the reality.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm

no no of course not we couldnt blame rini either,kossie has had more than enough time to prove himself stop making excuses
I agree if Kossie was the right man for the job AU would be going forward not backwards. He changed things up when he came in but we're back to the Rini ways now. Why have we gone to one stiker now. Sure Bruce wasn't taking is chances but now the attacking play has completely dried up. I think we need to stick with two but maybe try another forward if Bruce continues to misfire. But IMO Bruce back in the 11 for next match.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:54 am

Have you not been watching the games stuckey? Most of them since kossie has been in we have owned the ball and had for shots then the opponent .....that is all a coach can possible hope for its not a coaches fault when striker miss easy goals.

That being said , we need someone with fresh more modern ideas, want to keep kossie around the club though as he is passionate about this place and thats a rare thing atm
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Have you not been watching the games stuckey? Most of them since kossie has been in we have owned the ball and had for shots then the opponent .....that is all a coach can possible hope for its not a coaches fault when striker miss easy goals.

That being said , we need someone with fresh more modern ideas, want to keep kossie around the club though as he is passionate about this place and thats a rare thing atm
I agree barring the last game we have been doing that that's why i say we need Bruce back in the 11 we are far more dangerous and far as chances made with him up front with Serg. But obviously he just needs a little confidence infront of goal.
Time to Djbate!
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:25 am

I'm really not fussed who comes as coach as long as it isn't a complete muppet. The way we're playing now we can't really go wrong.

I wouldn't even mind seeing Trani taking the helm, even if only for an experiment.

TBH I think Kossie will be getting the job. They should make him go get his licence in the break though.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 am

Considering the club has spent no money since the season started, haven't brought any players in the jan transfer window or for the ACL even as a guest- I think it will be Kossie aswell. Especially if they might have to pay Coolen's contract out.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 pm

I may be reading too much into this but at the start of the match I saw Micky V and Kossie talking and the Dodd came up to shake their hands and made motion of like who's in charge who's hand do I shake first kind of thing.
Does he know that Micky V is line to take over?
Time to Djbate!
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:12 pm

I may be reading too much into this but at the start of the match I saw Micky V and Kossie talking and the Dodd came up to shake their hands and made motion of like who's in charge who's hand do I shake first kind of thing.
Does he know that Micky V is line to take over?
Think you're drawing a pretty long bow there...
#WeAreUnited

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”