Adelaide United vs Wellington Phoenix Match Day Jamboree!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United vs Wellington Phoenix Match Day Jamboree

Postby lufcmike Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:30 pm

When Cooen was there the defence was useless midfield was non existent. The only difference to now is that we make more scoring chances. We don't score from them, but we make more chances.

Cassio was probably our best player, looked like he was interested ( I got that one wrong- 1st time for everything). He was having some good interplay with Ramsey in the second half and then Kossie goes and takes Ramsey off!!!!!, leaves Vidosic and Barbs on both who were useless on the night.

Credit to Welly they were stronger and more disiplined.

As with others I too went expcting a loss, can't wait for this season to be over. already looking forward to the new coach and players for next season
smooth_pockets

Postby smooth_pockets Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Someone said it before the right hand side is an absolute shambles. Watson is no better than a park footballer. He often finds himself in acres of space because the opposition aren't threatened by him.

What Cassio and Ramsay produced on the left tonight the right couldn't muster in a whole year.

Somehow we need to make these chances into more shots that actually force the keeper to make a save. Our midfielders need to shoot more, simply as that.

I'd never thought I'd see the day where I was pleading for the likes of Cornflankes and Fyfe to comeback. But they're miles ahead of the clowns back there now. Viddy may have been ordinary as a coach going forward, but at least then we knew how to keep a clean sheet. It's why we were successful in the ACL.

One other thing, I just cannot understand is how a player like Ifil doesn't have someone sitting in his back pocket all game. The amount of times they cleared it to him on the half way line and he found himself all on his own was a disgrace.
mr united

Postby mr united Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:14 pm

When Cooen was there the defence was useless midfield was non existent. The only difference to now is that we make more scoring chances. We don't score from them, but we make more chances.

Cassio was probably our best player, looked like he was interested ( I got that one wrong- 1st time for everything). He was having some good interplay with Ramsey in the second half and then Kossie goes and takes Ramsey off!!!!!, leaves Vidosic and Barbs on both who were useless on the night.

Credit to Welly they were stronger and more disiplined.

As with others I too went expcting a loss, can't wait for this season to be over. already looking forward to the new coach and players for next season
haha exactly my feelings, we cant defend and we cant score think that tells a story why do we even turn up lol wooden spoon is looking pretty good :bang: again
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Fuck.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:34 am

Glad I missed this one. I was on a plane at the time thanks to an unplanned trip to Brisbane and back
2UtdsDundeeAdel

Postby 2UtdsDundeeAdel Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:10 am

Kossie's press conference

http://www.foxsports.com.au/Football/03 ... =FoxSports

Mostly glass half full kind of stuff with the exception of his comments on Dario
Looks like there is a bit of power play happening here - neither happy
fwiw - Vido looks like a match winner for about 20 mins of every game and then completely disappears - dont know if thats mental, physical or ????
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 am

Has anyone else noticed Van Dijk's first touch has been lacking this season? Every time the ball is passed to his feet he seems to push it too far away from himself and has to scramble to regain possession. Or is it bad service?
Irish
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Twist and Shout

Postby Irish Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:46 am

Has anyone else noticed Van Dijk's first touch has been lacking this season? Every time the ball is passed to his feet he seems to push it too far away from himself and has to scramble to regain possession. Or is it bad service?
Nope, you're right, he has the touch of a rapest. His first touch has never been fantastic, but this season it's been heavy as an elephant.

Couple of reasons for it: first of all the service hasn't been what it was last year. Marcos was the player who brought Serg in more often
than not, and his passes are perfectly weighted 9 times out of ten.
Even though he was playing a lone centre forward role last season more often than not he was facing goal. This year, under Kossie, with two up front he finds himself (much like Bruce, to play one another in) acting as a "pivot" on the edge of the 18 yard, and sometimes deeper in midfield, with his back to goal.

Whilst he has no problem holding the ball up, the two touch football required of him at the moment has made his flat-footed receiving more evident and it's clear he struggles to recieve the ball and set himself up for a pass all in the same motion.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”