ACL qualifier

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: ACL qualifier

Postby sevengoals Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:24 am

Hoping so. Few of my casual AU supporter mates had absolutely zero idea about this game but were keen after I told them. Given a few weeks this could be a top crowd, but a few days - I'd be surprised if 5k turn up. Really hope I'm wrong though. And it's bargain prices too.
Yeah thats what I'm worried about. I messaged one of my mates who is a Gold member about it and he didn't have a clue. I think most people who aren't on here or follow AUFC news daily would miss this.
How can you be a "gold member" and not have a clue that United are playing this game?

Got me beat.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:42 am

Its all over the radio when ever i am driving, its in the paper also
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ADEL-GOONERS
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:54 am

Its all over the radio when ever i am driving, its in the paper also
thats right i dont think we have ever had so much coverage
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:51 am

All 4 TV news services mentioned it in there sport reports also.

I was told though that only the main grand stand will be open, like in the trial games ?????
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 am

And they've mentioned it numerous times on Fox during United's games. Your mates must be living under a rock!
#WeAreUnited
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:36 am

I was told though that only the main grand stand will be open, like in the trial games ?????
Sounds like Western, Southern and Northern stands only

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... yoff/45320
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:37 am

Sounds like Western, Southern and Northern stands only

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... yoff/45320
Apparently the eastern stand will be open if they sell enough ticket
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Kids U15 for free is a nice touch. There isn't enough time to organise a more complex arrangement so hopefully it results in a few families turning up. It should be a good night, I am jealous I can't be there :(
redhorse
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Postby redhorse Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Ill be there, should be good night!

Postby Thephenomenon Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:55 pm

The result of this game is surely moot. Persipura aren't even a member of the AFC, so how can they play in a competition run by the AFC?

Sanity will prevail.
Persipura is still the member of AFC, Because they are still the member of Indonesian FA. Persipura played in Indonesia Super League which is used to be the Legal league before the new corrupt Indonesian FA announced that the official league now is the Indonesian Premier League (Previously known as the illegal league by the Previous Indonesian FA).

Here is a bit of chronology, around a year and a half ago, one of the Indonesian richest man formed a new professional league known as Indonesian Premier League. This league was a breakaway league, and not under the Indonesian FA, therefore they were illegal. Many Aussies played in this league (Susak, Pantelidis, Karlovic, etc), ex A-league foreign players such as Amaral,Eugene dadi, even a former Aston Villa Player Lee Hendrie. The league itself only lives for a half season. The previous Indonesian FA (Nurdin Halid), declared that the IPL are illegal league, and those who played in that league cannot played for the National team.

Then once Nurdin Halid was being thrown by the majority of it's members and supporters, the new leader of The Indonesian FA said that the IPL clubs will merged with the ISL clubs, and they will compete in offical league. Most of the ISL clubs were happy then suddenly Indonesian FA appointed a new man to handles the league, and surprisingly the Indonesian FA made a controversial decision, they gave a free entry to 3 clubs to play in the top division, it would make the league filled with 22 clubs! Most of the Clubs didn't agree with the FA decision because they think it is a crazy decision, it will takes longer to finished the season and they will spend more expenses. Then the Indonesia FA Gave an ultimatum, those who wants to stay will play in IPL and those who doesn't will get a sanction. Well finally most of the ISL clubs played in ISL, and the Indonesian FA said that ISL league is illegal and the IPL is the official League. Strange isn't it? well don't be, because now most of the people in the Indonesian FA was the guy who ran the IPL before they went legal.

Since Persipura now playing in the ISL, the Indonesian FA send an email to the AFC to banned them to played in ACL playoff because Persipura is not a member of the Indonesian FA, Well it seems AFC didn't really care about it and just go straight banned the club. The INdonesian FA and the AFC surely missing something, The AFC didn't know that Persipura is still a member of Indonesian FA, The INdonesia FA didn't erase them as a member, therefore they have the right to play in the ACL. So if we wanted to pint a finger we should blame the Indonesian FA and the AFC!

Anyway back to the game, I read the news that Persipura will faced the Reds with under strenghten squad. Persipura will be without their lethal striker Boaz Salossa (Injured)and left back Ortizan Salossa (Lost his Pasport?? Seriously?). Their 2 foreign players are also doubtful because of Visa Problems they are Zah Rahan (Playmaker, Liberian NT player), Bio Phaulin (Defender, Cameroon). So I am expecting a 3-0 or more for the AU.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:37 pm

The result of this game is surely moot. Persipura aren't even a member of the AFC, so how can they play in a competition run by the AFC?

Sanity will prevail.
Persipura is still the member of AFC, Because they are still the member of Indonesian FA. Persipura played in Indonesia Super League which is used to be the Legal league before the new corrupt Indonesian FA announced that the official league now is the Indonesian Premier League (Previously known as the illegal league by the Previous Indonesian FA).

Here is a bit of chronology, around a year and a half ago, one of the Indonesian richest man formed a new professional league known as
Indonesian Premier League. This league was a breakaway league, and not under the Indonesian FA, therefore they were illegal. Many Aussies played in this league (Susak, Pantelidis, Karlovic, etc), ex A-league foreign players such as Amaral,Eugene dadi, even a former Aston Villa Player Lee Hendrie. The league itself only lives for a half season. The previous Indonesian FA (Nurdin Halid), declared that the IPL are illegal league, and those who played in that league cannot played for the National team.

Then once Nurdin Halid was being thrown by the majority of it's members and supporters, the new leader of The Indonesian FA said that the IPL clubs will merged with the ISL clubs, and they will compete in offical league. Most of the ISL clubs were happy then suddenly Indonesian FA appointed a new man to handles the league, and surprisingly the Indonesian FA made a controversial decision, they gave
a free entry to 3 clubs to play in the top division, it would make the league filled with 22 clubs! Most of the Clubs didn't agree with the FA decision because they think it is a crazy decision, it will takes longer to finished the season and they will spend more expenses. Then the Indonesia FA Gave an ultimatum, those who wants to stay will play in IPL and those who doesn't will get a sanction. Well finally most of the ISL clubs played in ISL, and the Indonesian FA said that ISL league is illegal and the IPL is the official League. Strange isn't it? well don't be, because now most of the people in the Indonesian FA was the guy who ran the IPL before they went legal.

Since Persipura now playing in the ISL, the Indonesian FA send an email to the AFC to banned them to played in ACL playoff because Persipura is not a member of the Indonesian FA, Well it seems AFC didn't really care about it and just go straight banned the club. The
INdonesian FA and the AFC surely missing something, The AFC didn't know that Persipura is still a member of Indonesian FA, The INdonesia FA didn't erase them as a member, therefore they have the right to play in the ACL. So if we wanted to pint a finger we should blame the Indonesian FA and the AFC!

Anyway back to the game, I read the news that Persipura will faced the Reds with under strenghten squad. Persipura will be without their lethal striker Boaz Salossa (Injured)and left back Ortizan Salossa (Lost his Pasport?? Seriously?). Their 2 foreign players are also doubtful because of Visa Problems they are Zah Rahan (Playmaker, Liberian NT player), Bio Phaulin (Defender, Cameroon). So I am expecting a 3-0 or more for the AU.
Dont players in non fifa leagues get banned from anything fifa for 5 years? Even if they are apart of the FA but playing in the wrong league , their players surely would be banned?

Eitherway they shouldnt be playing , as australia gets threatened with losing acl spots for certain criteria that the aleague is lacking in, you would think if our back yard was this messy afc would say "dont bother coming back till you sort out your crap". So why dont they do this to the indonesians? Oh i forgot money... Politics..
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Dont players in non fifa leagues get banned from anything fifa for 5 years? Even if they are apart of the FA but playing in the wrong league , their players surely would be banned?

Eitherway they shouldnt be playing , as australia gets threatened with losing acl spots for certain criteria that the aleague is lacking in, you would think if our back yard was this messy afc would say "dont bother coming back till you sort out your crap". So why dont they do this to the indonesians? Oh i forgot money... Politics..
The AFC did try that and were overruled by CAS.

It is important to remember that after the split the PSSI plumbed new depths with Halid at the helm (from his jail cell). The differences between the groups grew poisonous and FIFA stepped in to manage the re-unification of Indonesian football. This didn't go so well. The result is though that certain promises and conditions were made to the various clubs to coax them back into the fold. The CAS decision had to take into account these promises to Persipura when making their decision.

I rather suspect that it is a fair decision as I believe CAS to be a fair arbitrator.

I think Kossie should demonstrate some of this stoicism he wants to see at the club and get on with the job (well, Trani at least).
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Scheisse.

Is the game going to be shown on Fox?
What about radio?

Oh Scheisse.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Scheisse.

Is the game going to be shown on Fox?
What about radio?

Oh Scheisse.
Yes they mentioned it during the Gold Coast game. I've seen the link also on vipbox
Time to Djbate!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:21 am

Vipbox.tv has it up for a stream, pissed I will be working and can't watch it (((

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”