ACL qualifier

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: ACL qualifier

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:12 pm

ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:12 pm

what....a......joke!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:26 pm

The refering is going to be super interesting!!

Fifa and afc want them to go away, they are the afc's refs......

Not saying anything dodgey will happen , but suppose a line ball pen gets awarded to us......ohhhhh things will get nasty
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
craketo

Postby craketo Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Anyone keen for 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders? Considering our defensive form of late it might be scary, but would definitely solve the defender shortage atm. Could run out with Watson, Boogs and Casio at the back, Malik and Usucar at DM then Ramsey, Vidosic and Caravella supporting Bruce and Serg.
I'm not sure I could watch everytime they attacked but its an idea! :?
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Anyone keen for 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders? Considering our defensive form of late it might be scary, but would definitely solve the defender shortage atm. Could run out with Watson, Boogs and Casio at the back, Malik and Usucar at DM then Ramsey, Vidosic and Caravella supporting Bruce and Serg.
I'm not sure I could watch everytime they attacked but its an idea! :?

Usually when you have 3 at the back they are all out and out centre backs, not 1 CB and 2 FBs.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:37 pm

If tickets are priced at $15 we would only need 6,700 through the gate, obviously there are other costs involved and I would rather any profits to go into our clubs pocket rather than feeding some freeloaders. I guess its the price we pay for having them come here mid-week and mid-season rather than tiring us out on travel.

Should we do what the Uruguayans do to the Aussies when they stay O/S, crowd the hotel and keep them up all night before the game? lol.

3 at the back wouldn't suit Cassios game and we don't want to unsettle Watson cause he's doing a top job :p and we don't want him to drop in form :p
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:20 pm

i think everything except physical intimidation should be thrown at these guys....
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:30 pm

i think everything except physical intimidation should be thrown at these guys....

I agree!
Time to Djbate!
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:42 pm

just read in the Jakarta post that they don't have their visas sorted yet and are hoping the aus government help out....hmmmm, does anyone know someone that deals with visas? also the club stated in the article that they have nothing to lose, if they don't win they will still play in the afc cup????? are they missing something or are we????
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Persipura must get visas sorted now for playoff: PSSI
Niken Prathivi, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Sun, 02/12/2012 12:30 PM A | A | A |
Indonesian Soccer Association (PSSI) general-secretary Tri Goestoro has urged Persipura Jayapura to immediately get its visa documents in order for its team members to be able to play Adelaide United in the Asian Champions League (ACL) playoff match on Feb. 16.

“The AFC [Asian Football Confederation] has sent us an official schedule for Persipura against Adelaide, which will be held on Feb. 16. We received the schedule on Friday afternoon,” Tri told The Jakarta Post on Saturday.

“The team, however, still needs to receive visas to go the match. The schedule is very tight; I hope Persipura can get the visas organized in time,” he said. “I expect the Australian Embassy here can help Persipura with the visa applications.”

Persipura director La Siya said that all visa application-related documents for the team had been prepared.

“We are planning to submit the visa applications on Monday morning to the Australian Embassy,” La Siya told the Post.

La Siya said that the club had coordinated with Football Federation Australia (FFA) regarding the scheduled playoff match in Adelaide. “We’ve received all the necessary documents regarding the match, including an official invitation from FFA yesterday [Friday].”

La Siya hoped that the Australian Embassy would be helpful in granting visas for his team. “The FFA has also promised to coordinate with the Australian Embassy in Jakarta over the visa matter.”

The AFC’s website, the-afc.com, however, had not listed the official schedule of Persipura versus Adelaide United as of Saturday afternoon.

Previously, La Siya had said that his team would be sanguine about the playoff match.

“We have nothing to lose. If we win, it’ll be great to advance into the group stage. But if we fail, we will still be able to play in the AFC Cup,” La Siya told the Post on Friday.

Separately, Persipura secretary Thamrin Sagala said that the tortuous route to the playoff had psychologically influenced his players. “It didn’t affect us that much, but any trouble was in the players’ minds.”

Thamrin said that his team was ready to meet Adelaide for the first time. “I don’t see any problem at all,” he said, adding that his team had been in the group stage in the 2010 ACL and reached the quarterfinals in the AFC Cup 2011. “We’re not just any old club from Indonesia.”

Persipura nearly lost its shot at playing in the ACL following a legal battle with PSSI.

On Feb. 1, the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) granted a provisional ruling allowing Persipura to face Adelaide United in a two-leg playoff this month, after the Papuan club won an appeal.

Persipura believed it was qualified to play in the ACL as it had won the Indonesian Super League, which is not recognized by the PSSI.

Should the team qualify, however, CAS has said that a full hearing would examine Persipura’s case for staying in Asia’s top club competition before advancing to the group stage.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:16 am

However, Kosmina's plan to have Ukrainian Evgeniy Levchenko available, after he missed the foreigners cut when United registered its Champions League squad last week, may be scuttled by AFC.

But FFA is pushing Adelaide's case, and Pancho Usucar is set to miss the match if the AFC allows Levchenko's registration
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6270101279
So Kossie wants Lev in!
Not a surprise since (IMO) Pancho offers nothing more then what Barbs, Malik and Caravella can already offer.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:48 am

For the pax people out there i got 155 and 156.... This was about half hour after they went on sale

A family of 5 ( 3 kids 2 adults) could get in for 30 bucks!!! Value!! Hopefully people jump on it and bring out the kids
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Hoping so. Few of my casual AU supporter mates had absolutely zero idea about this game but were keen after I told them. Given a few weeks this could be a top crowd, but a few days - I'd be surprised if 5k turn up. Really hope I'm wrong though. And it's bargain prices too.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:49 pm

anything in the news in adelaide or paper?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Hoping so. Few of my casual AU supporter mates had absolutely zero idea about this game but were keen after I told them. Given a few weeks this could be a top crowd, but a few days - I'd be surprised if 5k turn up. Really hope I'm wrong though. And it's bargain prices too.
Yeah thats what I'm worried about. I messaged one of my mates who is a Gold member about it and he didn't have a clue. I think most people who aren't on here or follow AUFC news daily would miss this.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”