Kossie has a go!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Kossie has a go!

Postby shinAUFC Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Just saw on the news Kossie having a bit of a swing at the refs for being too protective of goalkeepers (after Ryan got a free last night at a corner for practically nothing). It happened a few weeks ago as well I think, where we had a goal disallowed for no real reason other than the ref not liking all the Reds bodies in the box getting in the way of the keeper. Kossie went on to say that he will persist with this 'crowd the keeper' tactic in the ACL because refs outside Australia don't see a problem with it.

Sure it's not beautiful football but I think Kossie is right to feel aggrieved that these calls keep going against us, to me (the majority of the time) these types of corners look perfectly legal.
Totally agree with kossie.

Since the last mv game its almost as if the ref flips a coin as to if they stop play, there have been time where the keeper wasnt touched at all yet been awarded the ball......its cost us a few goals.

Ive noticed other aleague clubs starting this tactic also
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 pm

I feel like the goalkeepers are calling for the foul as soon as the ball goes out for the corner. The refs in this country are far too easily swayed by players opinions rather than the actual events in the game.
Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby Interloper Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 am

Just saw on the news Kossie having a bit of a swing at the refs for being too protective of goalkeepers (after Ryan got a free last night at a corner for practically nothing). It happened a few weeks ago as well I think, where we had a goal disallowed for no real reason other than the ref not liking all the Reds bodies in the box getting in the way of the keeper. Kossie went on to say that he will persist with this 'crowd the keeper' tactic in the ACL because refs outside Australia don't see a problem with it.

Sure it's not beautiful football but I think Kossie is right to feel aggrieved that these calls keep going against us, to me (the majority of the time) these types of corners look perfectly legal.
Definitely agree with the sentiment. But the corner in question was the correct call. Golec was clearly trying to shepard the keeper away from the ball. I say trying because much like most of Golec's bright ideas, he was actually sheparding the keeper into a better position than he would have otherwise been in.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Haha so glad I can keep this thread going!

On ya Kossie truer words are rarely spoken!
Rival football codes create much of the negativity about football in Australia because they feel threatened, Adelaide United coach John Kosmina said.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australi ... r-football
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Haha so glad I can keep this thread going!

On ya Kossie truer words are rarely spoken!
Rival football codes create much of the negativity about football in Australia because they feel threatened, Adelaide United coach John Kosmina said.
We are "the Other".

And this,
"... And I'll be blunt - you guys in the media probably jump on the bandwagon of the other sports because they have got a bit more clout than we have."
from the same article,

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Sure football probably deserves it ATM. But where were all the reports laying the boot into basketball when that went tits up a few years back? No everyone there just said how sad it was and how Australia needs a viable basketball comp. Opportunism, fear, racism, tall poppy? The list goes on as to why they do it.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”