Red Terrace go South

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

jasonkv
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Who put the Ball in the Melbourne net?

Re: Red Terrace go South

Postby jasonkv Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:00 am

I'm not sure about how the current groups stand on club funding, I am almost certain Red Terrace don't receive anything, however I'm unsure about the RA.

However imo I don't think the club should. Going back a long while now I remember being in a meeting with Matt Rossi and Dario back when Bianco owned the club. We were offered money and aid for banners and the like. but one of ours replied with something of this nature (cant remember word for word):
"That is not why we spend time on our banners and displays, we do it because we love the club. Taking from the club would be like borrowing money from your dad in order to buy him a Fathers day present. Our displays are our gifts to the club"

an opinion I agree with anyway.
RA, I think, recieved the 'Bianco handout' way back in 2007. The old Red Machine also recieved this.

RA doesn't not receive funding from the club and hasn't done since the aforementioned.
Hamaldinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and JERONIMOOO
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Heeeey, hey keeper!

Postby Hamaldinho Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:54 am

Jasonkv...you go for Crawley...you do realize Muscat was born in Crawley?

:shock:
Fuck Off Melbourne.
jasonkv
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Who put the Ball in the Melbourne net?

Postby jasonkv Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Jasonkv...you go for Crawley...you do realize Muscat was born in Crawley?

:shock:

I have to live with this everyday.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Red Terrace gets a mention on Fox!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Red Terrace gets a mention on Fox!
They were great tonight!! They have got alot bigger then usual and the amount of flags and colour and effort these kids are putting into it is absolutely top class i take my hat off to them.

It was a great atmosphere tonight
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:27 am

Quite rightly they got a mention, good stuff. The Red 'Army' on the other hand shut up as soon as the chips are down. Grow some kahunas boys and girls.
joshgibson92
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Evan Kostopoulous

Postby joshgibson92 Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:09 am

Only problems are stadium management/security. Other than them, everything is working fine in Red Terrace/A13.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Can anyone explain why theynwere sectioned of from their own fans on friday?

There was an area flagged off so people could not mix as if they were away fans.....sad
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Irish
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Twist and Shout

Postby Irish Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Quite rightly they got a mention, good stuff. The Red 'Army' on the other hand shut up as soon as the chips are down. Grow some kahunas boys and girls.
Perhaps you should take the mega-phone, go down the front and show them how it's done? Nope? Thought as much...

RA have been without an experienced capo for a while now. I usually stand in and do the job but I haven't been able to make it to the last couple of games.

But, as a senior memember of the active support in the north end, I do have a right to critize the RA, unlike those that sit east stand and can't be arsed to even clap. The fact that the sound dies off quickly is a reflection of the fact RA memembers are more casual in their style of support. We don't sing for 90 minutes non-stop and we never have. And it's incredably difficult to get people singing again when they have that mentality in the first place. Conceding silly goals only further brings heads down.

So my invititaion stands, anybody who doesn't normally get involved with active support is more than welcome to come and join the RA and help us "grow some kahunas" as it was put. If you don't take the offer up and prefer to sit down quietly and observe the game then I suggest your unproductive criticisms are kept to yourself.

Back on topic though. Well done to the RT guys, they've been doing a fantastic job week-in week-out. And they're doing it with a mentality and style that they've installed since day 1, a style that the north-end supporters never adapted because many don't feel a cultural link with it. Let's hope they continue.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Can anyone explain why theynwere sectioned of from their own fans on friday?

There was an area flagged off so people could not mix as if they were away fans.....sad

the mentality from security at football games is disgraceful, they generalise all fans as hooligans. at melbourne games all the younger lads are pulled to one side and have body searches conducted? if security target a specific gender,race or age group other than the young men, there would be a public outcry of discrimination. but there is no voice for the young guys, especially if they are football fans.
keep the good work up red terrace and stay level headed with security heroes who protect the world from destruction by football hooligans
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Actually id have said the security at aami a few weeks back was perfect, im only going by what i see not what i hear .... I could be wtong though.
Schultzy

Postby Schultzy Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:12 am

First to Irish, I want to say thank you for a reasonable well thought out post. It is good to see that some realise the cultural differences between the two ideologies that has been causing disagreements for a number of years. In my honest opinion this is one of the best moves in recent times for support at hindmarsh, it will allow both styles to grow in their own way and at their own accord. I still believe that the merging of MSE and RA all those years ago was a grave mistake. Now we just need people from both sides to stop measuring off against one another and just concentrate on each of their respective groups goals and ambitions and build from there.

Shin, there was a meeting with Matt Rossi on Tuesday in which he had mentioned there was an option that we could choose to move there as there were a number of people standing at the back the previous game that complained about flags, Those whom represented were not very for the idea and it was left at that. We then received an email on thursday saying that we WILL be sitting in the corner with no choice etc, reiterating that apparently the south end is still "a trial" (although if someone can explain how that occurs in a GA area for me). Anyway we arrived to see ropes everywhere and signs saying "AUFC supporter group", Imo it is garbage that we should be segregated like our own fans, and rightfully so a number of us aimed to stand firm at our original spot before the game. However we warned by weslo and stadium officials that if we stood in the non roped bay or waved flags there, we would all be removed -_-, eventually we had no choice really.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:28 am

I saw some of the red terrace boys at outside the club during the week. I thought geez they get to the game early, now i know why .

That fair enough about the flags and being put in the corner, but it really sucks being broken away from the rest of the stand because other people are less likely to join in .

Id love to see you guys get given the corner on a full time basis but not if it becomes a restricted area like at the north end where regular general admission people who want to get involved cant, because from what i cant see you guys have doubled your numbers up there already and it looks great!
Irish
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Twist and Shout

Postby Irish Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:07 pm

For those who are unaware; it's an FFA directive that Active Support areas are cordoned off. Its apparently for security issues, as there seems to be the idea that trouble is more likely to occur in these areas. By requiring a different ticket type and separated area the FFA, security and clubs can identify offenders easily.

It's a result of the Sydney-Melbourne brawl that occurred a number of years ago.

Support groups across the country have been fighting this protocol for years. The Red Army has approached the club numberous times about alternative arrangements, however, the FFA has rejected these ideas everytime without any real feedback or justification.

Only the North Terrace/BWB have been successful. It required a number of protests and the vacancy of the support areas in order to get their message across. It's ironic that the very group to blame is the one group exempt.

So the option is to sit-down, shut-up and get everyone to do it - which is extremely difficult because of imaginative high-horses and do-gooders who cannot see the long-term picture - or live with it.

If it was up to myself, and the likes of Shultzy, option 1 wouldn't be a problem and within a couple of weeks people would be free to o where they like.
Schultzy

Postby Schultzy Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Well it was an FFA directive to advise the clubs of this finding, of which they were given advice to do so after hiring Hatamoto a few years back.(for those who don't know Hatamoto are a security consultant whom the FFA hired to give advice on how to handle active support, and which Hatamoto previously were mainly anti-terrorism with absolutely no football relations prior). Hatamoto gave this advice after observing for a number of months, along with the fight in Sydney that you mentioned Irish.

However one thing that I don't like since the HEM were advised to all clubs is that Hindmarsh is the ONLY stadium in which the home fans are ROPED off. It was ridiculous in the north end where the tickets actually reside but the entire south end is GA which makes the RT roping even worse (not to mention the cross made over chairs on friday in order to make sure there was a 6-7 seat gap between us and other fans.

Will be interesting to see what happens next year though, it has been made clear to the club we are not interested in a similar bay to the north end, so if they do take that directive in the south and don't allow people in without specific tickets(ie HEM bay), I'm not sure what they would plan to do if none of us buy tickets in that area?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”