Red Terrace go South

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Red Terrace go South

Postby Stuckey Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Did anyone join the Red Terrace in the south stand tonight? Was there a difference having them down there.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Re: Red Terrace go South

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Finally we have a north and south supporting group.

The north end south end chants were good now to get the rest on the stand involved
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Schultzy
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby Schultzy Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Good Luck to them. tbh I think this is needed and has been needed for a long time due to differences in styles and opinions (see mvfc).

However I thought the disrespect shown by some at the north end tonight was uncalled for.
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Was about to make a thread about this, it was amazing how much the move south added to the atmosphere in the ground. There was always a chant going on, and the back-and-forth combined chants were great. I'm not associated with either group and I don't know if there was politics involved but AUFC was the clear winner imo.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm

yep giving shit to your own surpoters is bad form,should join in and bounce of each other not give them shite
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:30 am

yep giving shit to your own surpoters is bad form,should join in and bounce of each other not give them shite
Thats terrible to hear. I didn't realise Red Army are the only ones allowed to sing during games. Poor form whoever you idiots are
Time to Djbate!
bensy

Postby bensy Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:35 am

i don't really like the N/S chant (mainly because I consider it a melbourne victory thing) but the Adelaide United call/response was much better imo.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:56 am

was great to hear the lower section of the Western stand get heavily involved too. was generally just the 'United' chant, but it gave me a buzzing feeling. wonderful to see.

the RT sounded great and looked great - a very animated bunch. i was a little bummed about their move, but understand it's the best for all involved and the club. i hope the South End fully embrace them.

i'm not affiliated with either groups, but have 'members' in both groups whom i know and respect. i have to say that i felt the North/RA seemed to lack unison, structure and effort for the most part of the night. i think it'll lift, but i hope last night's showing isn't what to expect now. i don't think there was a chant leader down there last night, which doesn't help.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:11 am

Where are the Manton Street Elite these days? Or are they now part of the Red Army, or the Red Terrace? Or have they defected to Holden Street? (need a group in the prawn sarnie section tbh). And what about the African guys that used to come with drums? They were awesome. The Black Terrace? I'm getting confuzzled.

PS well done to both ends last night.. still the atmosphere in general was a bit sedate.. but it will get better if we keep winning..
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Great effort by the Red Terrace, I have no affliation with either North/South but I have to say the Red Terrace sounded great. Just need to fill up 2 more bays and you'd have a great support group.

I also enjoyed the end to end chants, I think that will grow with time.

Good stuff.

Is it just me or does it feel like the 'old' United? Like a black cloud has been lifted?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Does anyone know if AUFC fund either groups at all? I'd love to see them match memberships or offer funding per head. I emailed this to Matt Rossi a while back hopefully its something they think about if they haven't already.
Time to Djbate!
Schultzy

Postby Schultzy Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:39 pm

I'm not sure about how the current groups stand on club funding, I am almost certain Red Terrace don't receive anything, however I'm unsure about the RA.

However imo I don't think the club should. Going back a long while now I remember being in a meeting with Matt Rossi and Dario back when Bianco owned the club. We were offered money and aid for banners and the like. but one of ours replied with something of this nature (cant remember word for word):
"That is not why we spend time on our banners and displays, we do it because we love the club. Taking from the club would be like borrowing money from your dad in order to buy him a Fathers day present. Our displays are our gifts to the club"

an opinion I agree with anyway.
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:09 am

I'm not sure about how the current groups stand on club funding, I am almost certain Red Terrace don't receive anything, however I'm unsure about the RA.

However imo I don't think the club should. Going back a long while now I remember being in a meeting with Matt Rossi and Dario back when Bianco owned the club. We were offered money and aid for banners and the like. but one of ours replied with something of this nature (cant remember word for word):
"That is not why we spend time on our banners and displays, we do it because we love the club. Taking from the club would be like borrowing money from your dad in order to buy him a Fathers day present. Our displays are our gifts to the club"

an opinion I agree with anyway.
I really respect that, awesome work.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 pm

RT in the South and RA in the North was perfect. Long may it continue!

Only gripe I had was the RA was unusually uncoordinated, lift your game lads & lasses! :D
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
jasonkv
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Who put the Ball in the Melbourne net?

Postby jasonkv Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:47 am

And what about the African guys that used to come with drums? They were awesome. The Black Terrace? I'm getting confuzzled.
8 games, cya later.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”