Trouble in the stands

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ade-qpr
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Trouble in the stands

Postby ade-qpr Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Can any one tell me why fights started in South, people in the West abuse Rini then left via the police and after the game fights in the North stand?
flavze

Re: Trouble in the stands

Postby flavze Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:36 pm

south end was drunk GC fans attacking AU fans.
FloresARed4Eva
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: All of them!

Postby FloresARed4Eva Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Can't blame some of the fans though. It was one of our worst performances ever at home. Some people take it to heart more than others, and lash out.
Marcos Flores we love you, Marcos Flores we need you. Marcos Flores please come back, we need you to drive our attack!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Can any one tell me why fights started in South, people in the West abuse Rini then left via the police and after the game fights in the North stand?
because the AFL
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:34 am

south end was drunk GC fans attacking AU fans.
Didn't see if it was GC or AU fans but both sides were giving it a fair bit, wasn't one way. Seemed to be five young guys (early 20's?) and no there weren't any women fighting, they left because their boyfriends had been kicked out.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:24 am

i heard in the north stand a fight broke out and the cops jumped in with pepper spray and some children copped a face full!
Nice to see police resorting to riot squad tactics first chance they get...
Time to Djbate!
Ray
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Ray Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:37 am

i heard in the north stand a fight broke out and the cops jumped in with pepper spray and some children copped a face full!
Nice to see police resorting to riot squad tactics first chance they get...
It was a disagreement between a few passionate supporters as to whether calling for Coolen to be sacked was "supporting your club". One supporter questioned the commitment of the other who was calling for Coolen to go. The particular person whose loyalty was questioned spends ridiculous amounts of money following AUFC home & away. He spat it and went after the questioner (an overreaction for sure, but he was provoked). The Police panicked and ran in spraying pepper spray everywhere, little kids copped it flush in the face. Worst example of crowd control I've ever seen, it seemed they didn't want to do their job and put themselves between the two having the disagreement. Even the Weslo guys were shocked at the overreaction, now that's saying something!
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:52 am

I don't think the ruckus in the south stand was a GC supporter v AU , as the CG supporter(s) were segregated in the south east corner and well guarded.

I was sitting in the main stand cursing my luck that I did'nt bring a camera as I wanted a picture of the scene in that corner. 10 minutes before the game there were just 3 people in the cordened off of away supporters area with 4 westlo staff and 2 coppers just outside it guarding them or watch for their infamous agro crowd behavior. So ridiculous.
Hewie

Postby Hewie Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:08 am

Yeah, South Stan was GCU fans.

Straight after they scored, they turned and started screaming at our lads. One of ours yelled something I believe about them still being at the bottom of the table and then a beer flew at him. Went from there. Maybe 10 fans evicted.

A young girl got taken to St Johns but was back after half time, she looked like she copped a punch to the face. The GCU fans were rather quick to get started though, we have joked around much worse than that and never had a problem against every other team in the A-League.
Slingy

Postby Slingy Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 pm

I was i the upper stand at the North end and because of the strong breeze myself and my wife copped plenty of the pepper spray even up there. Our eyes were stinging and couldn't stop coughing for the rest of the night. The police should be more aware of the conditions in which they are using the spray (don't they have some sort of guidelines regarding use in crowds where most people are innocent bystanders??), if it got to where I was it must have affected more than 100 others.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:58 am

I was i the upper stand at the North end and because of the strong breeze myself and my wife copped plenty of the pepper spray even up there. Our eyes were stinging and couldn't stop coughing for the rest of the night. The police should be more aware of the conditions in which they are using the spray (don't they have some sort of guidelines regarding use in crowds where most people are innocent bystanders??), if it got to where I was it must have affected more than 100 others.
But at least the two people stopped fighting! All worth IMO! :bang:

Here's a few photos

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/ ... 465&type=1
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”