Eugenes Ton

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Eugenes Ton

Postby lufcmike Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Channel 10 reported that friday nights game is Eugenes 100th for Adelaide United.

Congratulations Eugene you have been a real ornament to the club and saved our bacon on too many occasions. A true Legend.

Thank you

And lets hope the next 100 is a lot easier and there are a few Championships to celebrate
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: Eugenes Ton

Postby Agostinho Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 pm

How does he rate amongst Australia's best? Best Adelaide keeper since Zabica, no doubt.
#WeAreUnited
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 pm

Champion!
Congratulations Eugene!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:06 am

How does he rate amongst Australia's best? Best Adelaide keeper since Zabica, no doubt.
He has to be a prime example of "a-league syndrome"

Had he been making the saves he has been doing consistantly for us but doing it somewhere in europe he would be considered one of the best in aus imo.

Absolute championand the heart of the club...shame about the victorian part
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:25 pm

I think Hugene should be going to the J-League frankly, I think his performances at AUFC are wasted. The reasons I think he should move are two fold, 1 and most importantly he deserves it. 2 Birra moving to another HAL club will be devestating considering how bloody good he is as well.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:44 pm

I think Hugene should be going to the J-League frankly, I think his performances at AUFC are wasted. The reasons I think he should move are two fold, 1 and most importantly he deserves it. 2 Birra moving to another HAL club will be devestating considering how bloody good he is as well.
Not sure I understand that line of reasoning – wave goodbye to your first team keeper who’s an absolute gun just because the back up has the potential to play at the same level ?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:56 pm

We need to offload birra in january to get some money from him, and then incomes izzo.

It is a shame though, i rate birra up there with mitch langarak... Even ben kennedy is now 24 and has 70 aleague appearances.

Imo eugene is consistantly the best keeper in the league, but given the chance i think birra could easily be as epic!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:55 am

We need to offload birra in january to get some money from him, and then incomes izzo.

It is a shame though, i rate birra up there with mitch langarak... Even ben kennedy is now 24 and has 70 aleague appearances.

Imo eugene is consistantly the best keeper in the league, but given the chance i think birra could easily be as epic!
This.

Having watched Birra play a lot for the junior NTs as well as his games for AUFC he is in some aspects of his game far superior to Hugene. Hugene though has experience, something Birra can't match him on and if they both stay at AUFC will never be able to garner.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”