Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree ! ©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree !

Postby lufcmike Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Anyone that can see Fox, do you think Bozza is back on the meth? Check out his eyes....
Agree his head is weireder than normal could be that or he's been to the same doctor as Sam Newman. Or could be someone shoved a bicycle pump up his arse.

But back to the game.
The zone defence let us down again, thats how Offside Archie scored, McKain was'nt watching him he was busy making sure he was in the right place for the zone.
Barbs had the right idea, we are not going to score trying to walk the ball over the goal line, just shoot from outside the box and keep shooting.
Maybe we should try using Bruce as the target man with SVD running off him, I was surpised to tonight how slow Bruce is, he has no acceleration!.

But as I have said before, I'd rather be lucky than good and we again tonight were lucky.
Just think with this luck and a good team we'd be the ones with the games winning record.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:32 pm

this might sound weird but that was a performance very much like we played and succeeded with in asia
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Strangely enough i feel we played some of the best minutes we have all season, not saying much though.

PLEASE PLEASE RINI....
- play vidosic on the wing and let barbs/ricardo fight it out for the am role....after all it is vidosics natural position.

-drop mckain! Yes he is captain, yes he has quality and is a recent socceroo but this season he is responsible for many of our goals..... Boogs and susak partnership please!

-swap caravella for lev, caravella is just to small imo he is better off as a sub with a tired defense not so willing to turn

I really wanna see bira get some game time but how can that happen when we have eugene! Champion!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedRis
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby RedRis Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Dear Mr McKain,
Please stop making me pull out what little hair I have and START MARKING YOUR F*#(*N PLAYER.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 pm

this might sound weird but that was a performance very much like we played and succeeded with in asia
Was thinking something similar. Just in time for the ACL :D
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:39 pm

The current unbeaten run against MV is intact. However, both teams showed why they are down there rather than challenging.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:57 pm

how many games is it now? 5? not bad considering we have to travel to melb away 2 out of 3 games every year for some unknown reason
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Strangely enough i feel we played some of the best minutes we have all season, not saying much though.

PLEASE PLEASE RINI....
- play vidosic on the wing and let barbs/ricardo fight it out for the am role....after all it is vidosics natural position.

-drop mckain! Yes he is captain, yes he has quality and is a recent socceroo but this season he is responsible for many of our goals..... Boogs and susak partnership please!

-swap caravella for lev, caravella is just to small imo he is better off as a sub with a tired defense not so willing to turn

I really wanna see bira get some game time but how can that happen when we have eugene! Champion!
IMO Caravella is one of our hardest workers. McKain on the other hand I do kind of agree with you although while Cassio is out putting Susak in the middle with Boogaard and pushing McKain out in the fullback position might be a better option than Ramsey at LB. Also if my memory serves me correctly McKain even made an overlapping run tonight.

Tonight's performance was a major step forward in our season, especially confidence wise coming back from 0-1.

and I just gotta say I am quite surprised eugene hasn't been snapped up by overseas clubs.
smooth_pockets

Postby smooth_pockets Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:58 am

I don't know what to make of Caravella.

He doesn't do anything run in circles, doesn't pass the ball when he should and is easily pushed aside and loses the ball. It is like an u/14s player playing against men, unlike an u/14s player though Caravella is all hair.

That said he is one of the few that seems to actually care.
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:22 am

Has anyone else noticed how slack our set pieces have become?
Adam

Postby Adam Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:31 am

First time in ages i was unable to watch us play, how were we? Did we deserve to lose/draw/win?

Either way, glad we extended our unbeaten streak vs Melbourne to 4 games now lol
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:47 am

Also we need to learn to counter.

How frustrating is it when we win the ball and catchthe opposition out with few men behind the ball and all we dois pass backwards, then pass back to eugene and he hoofs it up and we probably lose to ball....what a waste
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:19 am

They have been that way for years. I don't think they practice free kicks or corners at all.

We have'nt scored from a corner since Fyffe early last season and before that it was when the ball bounced off Diegos nads and went in 2 years before that.
We have relied on Cassios unreliable left foot when its just outside the box (funny he ususally scores these in practice matches) and a blast at the wall at other times.

With corners everyone mills around outside the "D" and runs almost aimlessly in when its delivered, thats why the ball usaully goes out or floats around cause theres no target to kick to.

Don't get too excited about last nights result, look at round 2 we beat MV then went onto play shite for the next 8 weeks.
Unless there is maintained improvement and a win against Gold Coast all this new found enthusiasm will be in vain.
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:42 pm

They have been that way for years. I don't think they practice free kicks or corners at all.

We have'nt scored from a corner since Fyffe early last season and before that it was when the ball bounced off Diegos nads and went in 2 years before that.
We have relied on Cassios unreliable left foot when its just outside the box (funny he ususally scores these in practice matches) and a blast at the wall at other times.

With corners everyone mills around outside the "D" and runs almost aimlessly in when its delivered, thats why the ball usaully goes out or floats around cause theres no target to kick to.

Don't get too excited about last nights result, look at round 2 we beat MV then went onto play shite for the next 8 weeks.
Unless there is maintained improvement and a win against Gold Coast all this new found enthusiasm will be in vain.
Ok, each to their own.

But who decided Vidosic should take the freekicks, his terrible at them. We might do a little better at these situations when well I don't know he aims above their heads and not at their nuts.

Apart from that I think Vidosic made a real difference last night.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:31 pm

First time in ages i was unable to watch us play, how were we? Did we deserve to lose/draw/win?
It's all in the Match Day Jamboree.

and here are the goals

http://www.footytube.com/video/melbourn ... ec10-98503
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”