SACK RINI

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: SACK RINI

Postby lufcmike Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:20 pm

I don't know how to set up a poll, but as Coolen is just about toast
Who should replace him?
Heres some suggestions to pass onto management to consider.
Kossie: Already lives here knows where the ground is, no relocation costs, has his own suit.
Branko Cullina: Are we that desperate?
Ernie Merrick: Mr happy but clueless, is very good friends with the refs though.
Damien Mori: Could bring us success, so no chance.
Mickey Valcanis: As with Kossie and does know the side.
Nick Theodoracopolous : On his past record in the A League almost a certain shoe in.
Steve Bruce: longshot, is looking for a job
Craig Moore: Could be interested, especially with our sponsorship with Coopers Brewery.
Graham Cornes: Expert on everything and says he knows player management, once actually kicked a soccer ball.

Any others?
bazz the ballbreaker

Postby bazz the ballbreaker Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:34 am

Stubbins - the guy they should have appointed last year and who got us to where we were at Round 10 last year.The the dutch guy took over and stuffed up our club!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Did anyone hear the paul reid interview on 5aa

Apparently he said rini offered him the captaincy in the new season but he had to keep it quiet until the end of the season, but as he was good mates with dodd he decided to tell dodd about it. Suddenly reid was no longer needed..

This really farken sucks! Our last 2 managers have been probably some of the brightest tactically......yet their man management seems to be pathetic at best.

If you look back to vidmars and now coolens reign if you believe rumours of players unrest....it is very obviouswhen the shit hits the fans as it tranlates on the pitch..

Coolen wont be sacked ..... But how can he possibly come back from this? He may have the plauers on side but i dont think the fans will now get over loosing our long time heroes particularly as the truth seems to be coming out
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Stubbins - the guy they should have appointed last year and who got us to where we were at Round 10 last year.The the dutch guy took over and stuffed up our club!
my thoughts exactly
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:17 pm

I agree Shin that Coolen won't be sacked. They can't, he has a 4 year contract and the payout for this club would be unaffordable.

But I don't believe he has the players on side, not by there onfield attitude and effort, they don't appear to be even making the slightest effort to help his cause.

Val's 2 page spread in todays Sunday Bastard was pretty good for a change and covered most of the points as to why we are where we are at.
(I did not know Cassio had quit the leadership group!, I knew something was up with him. I doubt even with a change of management we will see him again.)
As I've said before we are on a downhill trip and it won't improve in the short to medium term, I expect mediocrity for at least 5 years, (if the club still exists - it only took 3 years to kill Adelaide City)

Will be interesting in January to see who goes, who stays and what players come in.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:41 pm

It looks like we're stuck in a holding pattern of average until Rini decides to walk.

They won't/can't sack him, and he seems to think he can manage his way out of this. Nothing I've seen so far this season even indicates he's close to knowing what to do or how to do it.

The best we can hope for is a few young kids to start pushing through as the empire crumbles, so the new boss has something to work with.
RedRis
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby RedRis Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:57 am

Too early to sack him.

Rini says we will still make the finals. He has to live by those words now. If we dont..... Then he has to go.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:14 am

From the utter radio silence out of the club, I'll speculate that he's odds on to be gone tomorrow (Tuesday).
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:18 am

even if he did go tomorrow (which i hope he doesn't bcoz we need to focus on Victory right now) who would take over in the short term as caretaker?
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:27 am

even if he did go tomorrow (which i hope he doesn't bcoz we need to focus on Victory right now) who would take over in the short term as caretaker?
Trani I assume. The players shouldn't need motivation vs Victory. Even Mark Bickley managed to get a few wins on the rebound effect from Neil Craig walking.

Theres yet more drama being dug up, deserved or not. If the problem with Rini is terminal, which it looks like being, swift action is required.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:05 am

Trani I assume. The players shouldn't need motivation vs Victory. Even Mark Bickley managed to get a few wins on the rebound effect from Neil Craig walking.

Theres yet more drama being dug up, deserved or not. If the problem with Rini is terminal, which it looks like being, swift action is required.
Tbh fraser tends to wait till any crisis hot that can be related back to ffa so he can claw into his previous employers, his kind of attitude annoys me because he would never come to the media last year when adelaide were owning the league and say " when we set up nqf coolen didnt even get past our first round criteria , we were very foolishly wrong"..... But instead waits for the man to fall to put his 2c in

When 5k turn up to our next home game the owners will have to do something
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Val has the knives out..

Postby Max Power Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:36 am

ARCHIE Fraser says FFA's decision last year to appoint Rini Coolen as Adelaide United's coach was a surprise.

The former A-League chief has revealed Coolen did not pass the first round selection criteria when he applied for defunct North Queensland Fury's coaching job in 2009.

Yet a year later the Dutchman was brought in to replace Aurelio Vidmar, who Fraser said had constructed a solid foundation backed by its front office team.

Fraser - a former Scottish professional footballer and ex-chief executive of AFL club St Kilda - said Coolen was appointed by an FFA team which included technical director and fellow Dutchman Han Berger.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/fra ... 6214584174

Any chance to stick the knife in eh Val?

Everyone can say 'Oh yes, this was always going to happen' but where were they at the start of last season when we were unbeaten?
mortons11

Re: Val has the knives out..

Postby mortons11 Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:44 am

pissant town united
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Re: Val has the knives out..

Postby ganas Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:39 am

ARCHIE Fraser says FFA's decision last year to appoint Rini Coolen as Adelaide United's coach was a surprise.

The former A-League chief has revealed Coolen did not pass the first round selection criteria when he applied for defunct North Queensland Fury's coaching job in 2009.

Yet a year later the Dutchman was brought in to replace Aurelio Vidmar, who Fraser said had constructed a solid foundation backed by its front office team.

Fraser - a former Scottish professional footballer and ex-chief executive of AFL club St Kilda - said Coolen was appointed by an FFA team which included technical director and fellow Dutchman Han Berger.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/fra ... 6214584174

Any chance to stick the knife in eh Val?

Everyone can say 'Oh yes, this was always going to happen' but where were they at the start of last season when we were unbeaten?
i still say that the first half of last season was all stubbins. the first chance rini got and making the team his own, we started going down hill. it all happened from the january transfer window
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 am

i still say that the first half of last season was all stubbins. the first chance rini got and making the team his own, we started going down hill. it all happened from the january transfer window

Dead right

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”