Adelaide United v Central Coast Mariners Match Day Jamboree©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Central Coast Mariners Match Day Jambo

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Also wanna put it out there...

Anyone up the north end who noticed alot of regular attendees being ejected for merely being pissed off but not being abusive or threatning, and think this is not on? Pass it on to the club let them know!!

IMO it seemed a real lottery who they were choosing to throw out ( dont wanna turn this into an anti weslo thread )
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby lufcmike Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:29 pm

The worst performance by the worst team in AU history.
Feckless, skilless and less than amatuerish, a scratch side taken from fans in the stand could have done better.
Eugene was our best player!!!!!!! what does that say about a club that gets flogged 4 nil. (and could have easily been more)
Coolen is a coach in name only, his tactics, methodology and set ups are incompetent, inept and worthless. Da Silva our new play maker and saviour does little in a 3 nil half time rout so he is replaced with a defender Daniel "the seive" Mullem, which says a lot for Delevski.
I really can't wait for the victory game and the gold coast in some sort of perverse way just to see how badly we can play.
Just pissed off
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:43 pm

The worst performance by the worst team in AU history.
Feckless, skilless and less than amatuerish, a scratch side taken from fans in the stand could have done better.
Eugene was our best player!!!!!!! what does that say about a club that gets flogged 4 nil. (and could have easily been more)
Coolen is a coach in name only, his tactics, methodology and set ups are incompetent, inept and worthless. Da Silva our new play maker and saviour does little in a 3 nil half time rout so he is replaced with a defender Daniel "the seive" Mullem, which says a lot for Delevski.
I really can't wait for the victory game and the gold coast in some sort of perverse way just to see how badly we can play.
Just pissed off
I can't believe there's ever been anything you've said that makes so much sense and I can agree with completely, as you just posted. Well done.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:04 pm

That was the most pathetic game i have ever attended. I thought guys like Ramsay and Barbiero tried hard, but collectively, there is just no structure and communication between the players. Our attack is so toothless...

And what was up with Dilevski chatting and laughing away with the CCM's substitutes, when they were warming up on the touchline? We were 3-0 down and he's having a laugh with the Mariners bench players... what an idiot Dilveski is.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 pm

I've calmed down a bit. but
I think the best example of where the club is at was the back pass in the 2nd half that resulted in a free kick in the box!!!!!!!!.
That would be laughable at schoolboy level let alone in a professional league, it highlighted that there is something terminally wrong within the total club structure.
For CCM it was just training drills with little effort.
I was wrong saying a scratch team from the stands could have done better, cause it looked like those in the red shirts were a scratch team looking for all the world like they had just met and were playing together for the first time.

I was disappointed that the fans were'nt chanting
"ÿou don't deserve to wear the shirt". Maybe against the Gold Coast.

One last thought, this what you get when the FFA appoints the best coach it can find based on a power pint presentation and then your soccer club is run by one of the most succesful and powerful SANFL clubs .... North Adelaide. (sarcasm)
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:00 am

If you take the first choice striker and midfielder out of any top european team, and rob them completely of confidence, they will play like absolute garbage. Doesn't matter if they're Real or Bayern, if you're in the position our boys were in tonight you struggle. Missed passes, sloppy skills, poor decision-making - these are all the result of lacking confidence and feeling like the weight of the entire club is on your shoulders.

Malik (I think) let the first two goals past, the penalty is football and dilevski let the fourth in on a set piece - so despite being opened up twice early we didn't concede another goal from open play, which is a credit to them because at one stage it looked like 7-0 was on the cards.

When the fourth goal went in the defenders around dilevski were livid - it wasn't just 'ok, let's get this over with', they were pissed off that their standards had dropped.

Given the circumstances I thought the continued effort - though wayward - was good and a sign of a team trying to get out of a bad run, which is really all I can ask as a fan at this stage.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:43 am

Sorry BC, last nights game was not an isolated incident.
We have had our first choice striker and midfielder for the majority of the games this season, and it just been the ineptness of the oppostion that we did'nt get clobbered in those games. (Perth, Sydney, Heart and even the jets)

We had a full compliment against Brisbane and I don't need to tell you what happened. That result and last nights IS where this shower is at.

We are a rubbish team poorly coached (Coolen) poorly lead on the park (Mckain) with players (some) who either don't know how to follow team rules, don't want to be there, have overrated skills (this comes from scouting players based on their DVD or Utube entries) or know that they can just run around and get paid for a couple years cause the club can't sack them all.

Whats wrong in the club must be starting in the dressing room.
To that extent I have my doubts that we will see much of Van Dyk and Vidosic for the rest of the month as they will have the Bobby Pettas and be always 2 weeks away. In Van Dyks case (if he has any brains) he does'nt want to get injured so he can get to the I League or anywhere else in January.
We have seen the last of Cassio, if he returns from Brazil it will only be to pack his things and clean out his locker.

The mindless "We must support the team no matter what or we no real supports" crap and hoping one average performance will miraculously turn around the season shows the naivety of Aussie fans.
If you are not bleeding for the club right now and angry with whats your seeing you should be questioning your allegiance to Adelaiade United.
David Votoupal

Postby David Votoupal Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Sorry BC, last nights game was not an isolated incident.
We have had our first choice striker and midfielder for the majority of the games this season, and it just been the ineptness of the oppostion that we did'nt get clobbered in those games. (Perth, Sydney, Heart and even the jets)

We had a full compliment against Brisbane and I don't need to tell you what happened. That result and last nights IS where this shower is at.

We are a rubbish team poorly coached (Coolen) poorly lead on the park (Mckain) with players (some) who either don't know how to follow team rules, don't want to be there, have overrated skills (this comes from scouting players based on their DVD or Utube entries) or know that they can just run around and get paid for a couple years cause the club can't sack them all.

Whats wrong in the club must be starting in the dressing room.
To that extent I have my doubts that we will see much of Van Dyk and Vidosic for the rest of the month as they will have the Bobby Pettas and be always 2 weeks away. In Van Dyks case (if he has any brains) he does'nt want to get injured so he can get to the I League or anywhere else in January.
We have seen the last of Cassio, if he returns from Brazil it will only be to pack his things and clean out his locker.

The mindless "We must support the team no matter what or we no real supports" crap and hoping one average performance will miraculously turn around the season shows the naivety of Aussie fans.
If you are not bleeding for the club right now and angry with whats your seeing you should be questioning your allegiance to Adelaiade United.
Brisbane Roar shows that you don't have to depend on a player or two to keep things going. The system is more important than any one player.

I can't believe I've agreed with you more than once, but your last paragraph is nail hammer head. I for one do not want Australians to be seen as accepting mediocrity, but too often we do.

And none of this "crisis" and "circumstances" crap please. How many times have Adelaide United been in crisis? Too many to count. If I am scathing of the club it's because I see a pathetic pattern of self-destruction. Melbourne Victory did sustain a period of success but are now in decline. Brisbane Roar and Central Coast Mariners are setting the standard right now, playing football like never before.

Adelaide United has every right to be up there, and fans have every right to expect and demand a certain standard of their club.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Here Here I agree.
You can chart our decline though from the the loss in the ACL final and the takeover by the FFA, we are sliding into mediocricy. How long will the supporters put up with the decline situation of lurching from crisis to crisis. We will we soon be mirroring Adealide City in the last years of the NSL, a once powerful club but leaking members and crowds and a shadow of their former selves.

It will only take a shortime for AU crowds to drop from 8-10,000 to 4 or 5000, struggling with sponsorship and being a chopping block for other teams.
And I for one can see it coming, but in the current circunstances I cannot see any way to avoid it, other than forgien ownership like Brisbane with non Australian club management off the park.
David Votoupal

Postby David Votoupal Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:01 pm

My hope was that new owners and a new manager would give Adelaide United a new approach, and not the "pissant" mentality that bogs the club down. Instead, we see the pissant mentality still evident, and I can't see fans having any unity if this continues.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm prepared to give the new owners more time than the coaching staff. It's obvious they've been trying to get things off the park set up in a way that the club will endure the worst on-field/external crisis. Unfortunately they seem to have unwittingly driven the club into just such a crisis by listening to the wrong people. In one way, it's a good acid-test for their off-field reforms.

However, by my shoddy maths, the crowds have consistently dropped well below the point where the loss of attendance income balances the cost of paying out Rini's contract. With all signs pointing to no faith in his ability to turn things around (the no new signings comment,) the only rational option is to terminate his contract immediately, out-clause or no.

If the crowd is below 8000 at the next home game, they will be eating into the "core" support. Something which is much harder to recover from.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Don't now where they get there crowd figures from.
8400 last night? on that basis the capacity of Hindmarsh must close to 25,000.
Although I must admit I can only see the crowd in northern, southern, eastern stands and upper deck of the main stand so it must have been standing room only on the lower deck.
The crowd looked a lot less than the jets game with a crowd of similiar size. :?
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:29 pm

I've got no doubt they're dicking with crowd figures. Last week's was suspicious. This week's was virtually blatant.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:33 pm

It's hard to judge Hindmarsh attendances from footage. I think the Eastern stand is now in a more expensive ticket category compared to past seasons, so it looks emptier and it is the main stand you see on TV. I think 8400 *at the start* was about right.

*Addition to last comment: The medical situation is also diabolical at Adelaide United.
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:41 pm

was in a different stand to usual so can't accurately comment, but the western stand was pretty full.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”