AUFC coaches

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

At this moment in time, who would you rather have in charge of the team?

Kosmina
30%
Vidmar
33%
Coolen
37%

Total votes: 30
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

AUFC coaches

Postby Old Gregg Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:05 am

OK so we have had 3 head coaches @ United - Kossie, Viddie, Rini - and all 3 have had good times and bad times at the club. All have come close to glory, but have missed out by a whisker. So out of those 3, who would you rather have in charge of our club?
At the risk of being slated terribly I say Vidmar - we came within a bees dick of winning the league and the championship under him, as well as that fantastic ACL run - and I reckon the squad he put together (just before Rini took over) including Serg, Flores & Leckie was the best Adelaide has seen.
Really though I think what the team probably needs right now is someone like Kossie to really kick their arses into gear, dish out some tough love.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Re: AUFC coaches

Postby General Ashnak Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:53 pm

My main wish is that we had a bigger football department overall with similar conditioning philosophy to BR (I hate saying stuff like that).
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Seriously who thinks kosmina could get close to even cutting it in the league atm?

The game has passed him by..... Huge step backwards
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Adrian

Postby Adrian Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Seriously who thinks kosmina could get close to even cutting it in the league atm?

Yeah I know, but still, only coach we've had that can manage consecutive decent seasons.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Yeah I know, but still, only coach we've had that can manage consecutive decent seasons.

...and who throttled Kevin Muscat - I'd have him back just for that :D
Cassio!!

Postby Cassio!! Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:32 pm

kosmina is the only coach we have won something with
Schultzy

Postby Schultzy Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Coolen has done nothing to prove himself at all yet, he has done nothing to be excited about except ruining potential.

Vidmar grinded results but always kept us the bridesmaid and we played some difficult to watch football.

Kosmina however actually got us competitive back to back, we won the league and we played with hunger. I miss his competitiveness tbh.
Chips
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby Chips Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:51 pm

What about the first 10 games last season. Coolen had us playing very good soccer. I dont know why or what has changed. Besides players that is...
rug21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Van Dijk

Postby rug21 Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:58 am

What about the first 10 games last season. Coolen had us playing very good soccer. I dont know why or what has changed. Besides players that is...
Was that Coolen's influence or Flores' influence, the big difference this season is no Flores and we aren't the team we were last season.

I would say Vidmar, he was up and down but when we had no owners to be able to sign Van Dijk and Flores was brillant. Coolen has been able to basically build the team he wanted, just like Ange at Roar, and we are struggling to beat average teams at home.
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 am

I would also like to point out that Ange also destroyed his club for a season when he came in and it wasn't until the following season with the players he picked etc that he started to get results. Also those results didn't really start coming in til the second half of the season.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:49 am

I would also like to point out that Ange also destroyed his club for a season when he came in and it wasn't until the following season with the players he picked etc that he started to get results. Also those results didn't really start coming in til the second half of the season.
Destroyed his club for a season?! For starters, he took over basically half way through the season (well, not quite half) but they weren't exactly pulling up stumps when he took over...

Bit dramatic there.
#WeAreUnited
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:18 pm

They only didn't finish dead last because of NQF, he wrote off their entire season.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:50 pm

They only didn't finish dead last because of NQF, he wrote off their entire season.
No, they didn't finish dead last because we did. When Ange took over they were 2 points ahead of last place. They finished 1 point ahead of last place. He might have seen a bigger picture beyond that year, but hardly 'destroyed' their season.
#WeAreUnited
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:18 pm

No, they didn't finish dead last because we did. When Ange took over they were 2 points ahead of last place. They finished 1 point ahead of last place. He might have seen a bigger picture beyond that year, but hardly 'destroyed' their season.
Your absolutely on fire this week, nothing getting past you haha
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:23 pm

You are totally correct, that was the year we finished dead last and were pretty diabolical.

Having said that though BR were much worse after Ange came in than before.

They were 3-3-4 before Ange came in and his remainder of the season was 5-3-9, he himself admitted to writing off their season with an aim to rebuild.

I will say that I see nothing wrong with that, in fact we are all very lucky that MV isn't doing that this season (hopefully they persist with M&M as well!).

I doubt that we are going to see the best of Coolen this season results wise as I think that he made a couple of errors of judgement recruit wise (even if I don't think we could have done much to keep Flores).

However I think that we must see improvement in our overall play over the course of this season (irrespective of final ladder possition) or else Coolen should be getting moved on at the end of this season.
Terry Pratchett wrote:

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”