Fans want passion back

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Fans want passion back

Postby Stuckey Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:42 am

I REALLY want to write warm and fuzzy, feelgood stuff about Adelaide United.

But it's really difficult when the club seems to continually lead with its jaw.

This week's debacle with the departure of star recruit Andy Slory is a perfect case in point.

Apparently, surprisingly, his sudden "retirement" was as newsworthy back in Holland as it was here.

Adelaide chief executive Glenn Elliott flippantly dismissed the whole saga as a mistake, just one of those things that happen. Wrong, Glenn
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6206966820

Reading Kossie's article though does highlight that when things are bad with AUFC they report positively when things are good they report positively. Every article they write about themselves always has an upward tone to it like the people writing aren't aware the team isn't playing well. I think if they came out and explained to the fans here’s where we went wrong here’s how we plan to fix it. Not just next we the boys well be fired up for the HUGE rivals Central Coast blah blah. As Kossie said it all just rubbish!
I don't really understand also why our club appears to be losing it personality. It’s like it’s trying so hard to please everyone but being positive and trying to appear squeaky clean to families that in the end it’s just a brand. The club needs people like Kossie who can occasionally come out and let someone have it or say the wrong thing but later us fans all have a laugh about it.
As an example the Muscat/Kossie throat grab did more for the AU-MV rivalry then any BS article written say "It’s the big one! AU-MV what rivalry blah blah"
Sadly I was personally hoping Slory would be that guy. Come out and slag off Archie Thompson and then match day score a goal or set up the winner. He seemed to be that kind of guy. Pity...
So who I ask can be that man who stirs the passion for AUFC? Is he actually part of the squad? Personally no one comes to mind.
Time to Djbate!
andyj
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Re: Fans want passion back

Postby andyj Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 am

Usucar, Ramsay, or perhaps even Caravella.

For me it's Ramsay, I love the kids passion.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:01 am

Usucar, Ramsay, or perhaps even Caravella.

For me it's Ramsay, I love the kids passion.
I just hope AUFC will let them speak their mind! Heaven forbid!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:57 am

Kosminas articles are a joke.

He always somehow reverts it back to when he was incharge, it shits me because when we were succesful last year he had nothing to say, all of a sudden we dont do so well and kosmina starts reminding us he is still around.

He did this to vidmar aswell, in vidmars second year kossie let everyone know this was now vidmars team and he has to perform.

You cant play locals when they are not good enough!

Fyfe/corny- big money contracts overseas, who is the club to stand in the way of that?

Reid, dug his own grave

Pantelis, was a long time coming and is currently long term injured

Dodd, hughes, had offers but chose to leave for more money

Leckie, nothing was going to keep him here.

Flores....well this is the guy we should have moved the earth to keep.

The longer this goes on the angrier fans will get over the flores situation
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:16 am

Why? When are fans going to realise this is a world game and players move every week in some countries. Flores was too big for this league. He's gone and he won't be back for a very long time. Please AUFC supporters stop harping on about the man.

I agree what you say about Kossie going back to his day, but he still has a point where is the passion? The club is turning into a soleless drone

And yes before anyone says it Flores did give us that passion and personality but he's gone.
Time to Djbate!
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Why? When are fans going to realise this is a world game and players move every week in some countries. Flores was too big for this league. He's gone and he won't be back for a very long time. Please AUFC supporters stop harping on about the man.

I agree what you say about Kossie going back to his day, but he still has a point where is the passion? The club is turning into a soleless drone

And yes before anyone says it Flores did give us that passion and personality but he's gone.
I guess it’s just a question of who you want to believe when it comes to being shitty with the club about losing Marcos.

There are plenty of people around who will tell you that they heard it from a friend that heard from it a guy who was told by a good mate of Flores that he wanted to stay and that he would’ve stayed for a lot less than he was offered in China, but the club said no thanks because he’s not Rini’s cup of tea player-wise.

And if you take it one step further and say that his replacement as the club’s potential “big earner” this season was a certain Mr. Andy Slory, then it’s not surprising some people are starting to feel pissed off about the direction the club has taken.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Martin's got it right. Forgetting the passion questions, just looking at the measurables of results and crowds to this point, you can easily argue that Marcos was more important to the club than Rini.

Yet look who they backed.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Well no,
The man that replaced Flores was vidosic, and im sure he is probably on more money then what slory was on.

I do feel that club has something to prove to us fans from the sale of flores, i think we all understand a player like marcos would leave early but we expect that there is a plan for when he leaves i dunno, The fans need to be almost compensated in a way with the belief of a strong squad and marquee signings.

7 weeks ago i think we were all satisfied , but since then well.......its just burns alot more doesnt it ?

Anyways kosmina had his say in the paper again today calling out vidosic as mentally weak because he took his back brace off after being subbed.......yet as usual..somehow linked it back to his own personal playing days

I guess it’s just a question of who you want to believe when it comes to being shitty with the club about losing Marcos.

There are plenty of people around who will tell you that they heard it from a friend that heard from it a guy who was told by a good mate of Flores that he wanted to stay and that he would’ve stayed for a lot less than he was offered in China, but the club said no thanks because he’s not Rini’s cup of tea player-wise.

And if you take it one step further and say that his replacement as the club’s potential “big earner” this season was a certain Mr. Andy Slory, then it’s not surprising some people are starting to feel pissed off about the direction the club has taken.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:09 pm

I agree that the club was probably thinking of its hip pocket when it sold Marcos another soleless decision by the club. I guess we'll have to wait and see how his replacment Vidosic will go...
Time to Djbate!
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:15 am

So the retirement of Slory only frees up about $100k in our salary cap according to Val - so how was he on almost $300k/season?
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:44 am

So the retirement of Slory only frees up about $100k in our salary cap according to Val - so how was he on almost $300k/season?
My guess is that since there is no cap on what we pay guest players. Last season Slory was on s@#tloads as to cover him being on a reduced wage this season and hence included in the cap.
Time to Djbate!
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:36 am

My guess is that since there is no cap on what we pay guest players. Last season Slory was on s@#tloads as to cover him being on a reduced wage this season and hence included in the cap.
That leaves a sour taste then - if your contract is front-loaded, don't retire part way through the lesser period.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:44 am

I sincerly hope he wasn't on a front loaded contract - though it is quite a loop hole in the salary cap if you think about it.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:19 am

That leaves a sour taste then - if your contract is front-loaded, don't retire part way through the lesser period.
When slory was first signed i posted that maybe this is how we may have fit him in the salary cap.

But going by the notes posted up about griffen explaining just how much of a shoe string budget we are on id have to question if slory recieved a big pay out while he was a guest player.

The thing to remember is its only speculation that slory may have been paid substantially more as a guest.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Val tweeted about coolen blasting the media over incorrect reporting and personal agendas..

Surely thats in reference to kosminas trash he is putting out there of late.

Just me or is coolens au career taking exactly the same twists and turns as vidmars? Think about

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”