Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Matchday Jamboree!(c)

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bensy
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Matchday Jamboree!(c)

Postby bensy Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:14 pm

we need to regain the Flores mentality, 2 options.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:12 pm

2 quick points
1/.Rini must go (although it won't happen as we can't afford to sack him)
We are not playing Dutch style were not playing any style except maybe hit, rush and pray.
2/. Forget Flores, his loss was bad but his lack of influence etc is not the problem.
We have gone downhill since we lost having a strong centreback, we started with Micky V and then had Oggie since they have gone we have been rooted.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:25 pm

2 quick points
We are not playing Dutch style were not playing any style except maybe hit, rush and pray.
2/. Forget Flores, his loss was bad but his lack of influence etc is not the problem.
We have gone downhill since we lost having a strong centreback, we started with Micky V and then had Oggie since they have gone we have been rooted.
Fyfe was a good 'un too - he and McKain would make a good pairing.

I can't agree that CD is the problem though. Apart from the Brissy game we haven't leaked too many goals, although Euge may have had a bit to do with that.

We need to find a way to unlock defences other than giving it to Ramsey and hoping he hits one of his 1 out 10 good crosses. Much as I hate to admit it the one guy I think we miss almost as much as Flores is the skipper - how many times in recent seasons have we won games 1-0 (scorer - T.Dodd).

His hammy giving out the other day would suggest that he is past it though.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:31 pm

2 quick points
Every week i find more reason to start agreeing with you haha, troubled times indeed.

All this talk of total football and all we get is long balls and poor short passes

Lets be real about travis dodd, IT WAS HIS CHOICE to leave, we offered him 2 years on the same money he was already on but chose to take more money and a 3 year contract..it was the right choise to not counter his offer from perth
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Lets be real about travis dodd, IT WAS HIS CHOICE to leave, we offered him 2 years on the same money he was already on but chose to take more money and a 3 year contract..it was the right choise to not counter his offer from perth
Agreed. I wasn't so much saying we should have kept him as we just haven't replaced him. He gave us an x factor in the final third that we just don't have at the moment.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:47 pm

I am not sure what to think.

Glad I was drinking, made it a bit easier to watch.

Caravella is become my new Pantelis. Always selected, always useless. Will score once in every 8 games to justify his selection. He couldn't knock the fluff off a capaccino that bloke. Soft.

Pancho is the only one running around and trying, I quite enjoyed his elbow to the throat.
adamAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fabian Barbiero and Jeronimooo
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bodys in a barrel

Postby adamAUFC Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:29 pm

I am not sure what to think.

Glad I was drinking, made it a bit easier to watch.

Caravella is become my new Pantelis. Always selected, always useless. Will score once in every 8 games to justify his selection. He couldn't knock the fluff off a capaccino that bloke. Soft.

Pancho is the only one running around and trying, I quite enjoyed his elbow to the throat.
Agree with everything you say.

Coolen is a great manager but he's selections are questionable. Think he really needs to go back to the drawing board on his game plan.

Ramsey is on fire but really needs to work on his crosses and deliveries into the box.
Red till Im Dead
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Have to agree^^

Glad Boogard is out next week, and would like Caravella to have a rest aswell. Wouldn't mind seeing Watson play in RM and Mullen in RB next week or maybe a start for barbiero in RM?
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Give Barbiero a start.

Did you hear the reaction he got when he ran on? I think people are longing for the 'good old days' and Barbs being one of the guys from the good old days, he got a huge cheer.

Rambo is going ok, he is still young and has a lot of pressure on him this year. I think with Serge back this week we might just scrape together a win.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:35 pm

I don't think the Barbs love is due to him being a local boy, or one from the 'good old days'.

He goes hard, plays with passion and doesn't give up. His sheer willpower overcomes any lack of technique, and ends up in goals like the screamer in the prelim v Roar.

That's what we're missing, and neither Rini's team nor system is compensating for the fact it ain't there.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:06 pm

His sheer willpower overcomes any lack of technique, and ends up in goals like the screamer in the prelim v Roar.
fap fap fap fap

...that is all
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:13 pm

we have no game plan , we are shocking at the momment, time to panick is not far away, and the players are saying we just need to click , i think its a bit more than that
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Can't understand the Caravella hate, he bossed the midfield in the last two home games and when he played out of position vs Wellington our midfield sufferred.

McKain needs some love here, massive performance especially when we were a man down. Wouldn't have a point without him.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:13 pm

Can't understand the Caravella hate, he bossed the midfield in the last two home games and when he played out of position vs Wellington our midfield sufferred.

McKain needs some love here, massive performance especially when we were a man down. Wouldn't have a point without him.
Personally i dont get all the boogard hate, he has been our best defender since coming back, was very unfortunate with that own goal
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Personally i dont get all the boogard hate, he has been our best defender since coming back, was very unfortunate with that own goal
I agree on Boogers... has been great (OG and RC excepted). McKain on the other hand has not impressed me at all. I reckon I counted at least 6 times against newcastle he passed to somebody who was under pressure and consequently turned the ball over, nearly cost us dearly a couple of times (if newcastle weren't a bit shit).

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”