Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Matchday Jamboree!(c)

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

double07
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Matchday Jamboree!(c)

Postby double07 Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Usucar may be the new Slory...
Usucar was our best player.
Red rooter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Van dijk - cassio

Postby Red rooter Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:40 pm

+1
He ran and tackled all day
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:07 am

Since round 11 last season United's record has been:
Won- 12
Drawn- 4
Lost- 14

Not totally disastrous, but unacceptable for United's expectations surely?
If only it were on purpose. Coolen's tactics are clearly the Sokal Affair that the sport in Adelaide/Australia needs.
>Usucar the new Slory
>I Don't even?
Usucar is more like the new Salley. tries hard, excellent tackler, woeful distribution. Invaluable when used properly, but a liability in many other areas.
adamAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fabian Barbiero and Jeronimooo
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bodys in a barrel

Postby adamAUFC Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:18 am

He's got great distribution and vision also a gun tackler. Solid CDM and a decent LB. Don't know he doesn't start all the time. Better player then that knobshite Caravella or Devileski
Red till Im Dead
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:59 am

He's got great distribution and vision also a gun tackler. Solid CDM and a decent LB. Don't know he doesn't start all the time. Better player then that knobshite Caravella or Devileski
lol nah man, im with Interloper. Usucar has bad distribution...he's good off the ball, but poor when he's got it.
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Postby oztrainspotter Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:41 am

All this analysis is good, but shit, decimated list, new team, the list of mitigating factors goes on, I thought, all things considering, we were Ok tonight, and looked really good in patches. Maybe is rose goggles but I thought our endeavor was better tonight

Distribution is still reeeally rusty in patches though.

Well earned point united.
Chips
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby Chips Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:58 am

the new team excuse has run its course.
Tired of hearing midiocrity answers from players an coach from this club. At least archie has the balls its shit an not worthy for the fans. Thats the shit culture we have at the moment
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:17 am

All this analysis is good, but shit, decimated list, new team, the list of mitigating factors goes on, I thought, all things considering, we were Ok tonight, and looked really good in patches. Maybe is rose goggles but I thought our endeavor was better tonight

Distribution is still reeeally rusty in patches though.

Well earned point united.
We were lucky to get Nil

Had the jets (and Jeffers) been less crap up front it would have been 3 nil at half time and game over.
There was no heart out there last night, no heart.
The only time we look "dangerous" was in injury time
(3 minutes out of 94)
Passing has not improved we found white shirts much easier than reds even at very short range.
Decimated list my arse, many of those players don't want to be there!, or know that there are no future prospects and are just playing out the season for the money.
I've been saying since round 1 there is no fitness, skill, tactical or strategic ability in this team.
They are poorly managed and to compound it there is descent in amongst the team.
We have bust been lucky and that just about all the other sides in the A league are as crap as us, except Brisbane and they are 2 games claer after only 7 rounds!!!!. Yes we beat MV with a good performance, but that was because of hype and a MV being in just as bad shape as us.

I repeat: THIS THE WORST ADELAIDE UNITED SIDE EVER.

We may not finish bottom but they be more of a testimony to bad the league is rather than how we have played.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:32 am

Usucar wants to be on the park, you have to love him for that. his main problem with distribution for me is he's always rushing. gets rid of it as quickly as he gets it.

all i can say is how can you not be disappointed in last night's showing. it's just not working. we're trying, but look so lost it's not funny. i could go on and on about where i think we went wrong last night and who played the worst, but i'm tired of that. just fuels more negativity in my mind about the whole situation.

simply put, i'm hating this season.

i felt last night's only hope for those 90 minutes was for Eugene to get his hands on the ball after one of Newcastle's interpretations of attacking, and then for the ball to find Ramsay's feet some how - generally via Vidosic. we were giving it to him and just hoping for something to come about.
Slightly off topic....when the dick in the man city shirt goung to get ejected from the north end? Starts fights with everyone all the time and people who make the mistake of reacting get kicked out....hate ppl like this.
this here was the most excitement Hindmarsh had all night, got me standing out of my seat. but, it's very disappointing to see. one guy came out of no where from the top tier to get into the Man City fellas face, that shit was very unnecessary though in Man City man's slight defence. there was so much aggression in the closing minutes of the match/after the final whistle up in the North End - people were just pissed off and charged up. i hate seeing our own fans turn on each other.

i don't know if it was just me and my already existent issues with authority, but the Weslo and SAPOL presence seemed more intense last night too. i'm not sure if it's all linked or what (not that i should make excuses for such behaviour), but from what i personally saw, Weslo's approach was quite aggressive in itself. especially the cracking down on swearing out loud from fans, not even agressive outbursts or one's directed at individuals, just people yelling out loud through the frustration coming off the park. i saw many threatened with eviction... i guess i understand their point, not that i've personally heard what they have to say about it, but c'mon... really? seemed a little too over the top to me from where i sat.
bensy

Postby bensy Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:55 am

ok. calling Pancho the new Slory is a bit unfair but he is pretty crap.

he was not fast enough last night- never first to the ball and always having to chase (not able to catch). he also doesn't seem to be strong enough as he gets muscled off the ball too easily.

not our best player last night.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:04 am

I'm in the top tier of the main stand and did'nt see what was going on in the north stand.
I did notice that the red end or suporters group was substanially thinner in number than even last week.
Your right about the "security" used to enter the ground on the manton street side and walk around the concourse past the north end , chat to some people and go to our seats. No more, not allowed up there by security, have to walk around the south end under the stand now.
But I can tell you there was a lot of booing and comment at both half and full time around us in the stand. Also a few left early as well (maybe old adelaide city supporters as was their habit)

But its a pity for the club, poor crowd behaviour and a game like last nights is really gonna bring the punters through the turnstiles.

Oh PS: for me Pancho was our best player, he did put in a bit carelessly but he tried.
Susak played well as did Bruce (Geez the refs do hate him) has he said something to them in the past, Golec style (refs are like elephants and do not forget personal slights) or is it a case of the Ali G's.
bensy

Postby bensy Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:22 am

Bruce had a hard night. He is a big strong guy but so is Topor Stanley and it's a bit easier to spoil someone and kill any chance than to control the ball and beat a guy.

Ramsey was one of our best imo.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:32 am

Had it been anyone but Bruce that Topur Stanley was marking he would have been sent off.
a tackle that got a yellow card followed in the next 10 minutes by a blatant push and a handling the ball.

I worry for Ramsey he's had a couple of good performances and the expectation is now on him both from the fans and the board (Griffen), if he keeps performing they would certainly look at offloading him in the January transfer window.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:33 am

ok. calling Pancho the new Slory is a bit unfair but he is pretty crap.

he was not fast enough last night- never first to the ball and always having to chase (not able to catch). he also doesn't seem to be strong enough as he gets muscled off the ball too easily.

not our best player last night.
Pancho wears No.21 mate - that No.7 you're talking about is Caravella.

Easy mistake to make though - they look a bit a like from a distance.
bazz the ballbreaker

Postby bazz the ballbreaker Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:12 pm

I think everybodies just about covered tonights performance (for want of a better word)
Disappointed that Babs only got 10 minutes should have been him rather than DaSilva as the first sub.
(worries me that our season is now on the shoulders of a youth/state league 18 year old.)

There was no system, dutch or otherwise, there were long periods tonight when we were just ball chasing with knots of 7 or 8 players within 10 metres of the play with no idea where there opponent was or what to do with the ball if they got it.

Is it tme to start the Rini must go thread?

:bang: Just pissed off with that rubbish.....
I have been saying Rini must go for a long while now and been much critisized for doing so by many in this forum.
I might now have some supporters of my view??
Who said this in the media this morning?
"We were happy with a draw"
Our coach yep thats what he said!
Home game you can never be happy with anything but a win!
Looking for that "Its time to go Rini thread to start"

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”