Slory's urgent meeting with Rini?!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Slory's urgent meeting with Rini?!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:27 pm

we could do with hughesy now
What !!!??? You are joking right ???

I just read on Foxsports that Jonas Salley has just joined Gold Coast. Now there is a guy I would like to see running around in a red shirt again - LEGEND !!! Ten times better than Hughes.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:39 pm

this seems to be the overiding opinion off most people , no one in the midield with good vision or someone to play the easy ball forward
If ONLY we had one of those. Oh, wait... :bang:
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:52 am

I just read on Foxsports that Jonas Salley has just joined Gold Coast. Now there is a guy I would like to see running around in a red shirt again - LEGEND !!! Ten times better than Hughes.
I loved Salley, but his distribution was woeful. I think we already give the ball away enough in the centre of the park without him!
#WeAreUnited
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:14 am

Hughes' daughter was very, very ill the first year he was at AUFC and he ackowledged that it played very heavily on his performances.
Well thats the first I've heard that. (not to say i don't believe you)
Why aren't these sort of things communicated from AUFC? Not so Hughes could have used this as any sort of excuse but I'm sure it would have silenced most of the boo boys if we knew his daughter was heavily ill. Still i'm sure he personally felt better knowing he silenced them himself with a quality second season. I hope his daughter is better now.
On the note of lack of communication. Why no press conference for Slory to announce his retirement himself? Do you have to play a certain amount of match to earn that right?
There is a lot of very strange decisions being made down at Hindmarsh...
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:23 am

Hughes' daughter was very, very ill the first year he was at AUFC and he ackowledged that it played very heavily on his performances.
Why aren't these sort of things communicated from AUFC? Not so Hughes could have used this as any sort of excuse but I'm sure it would have silenced most of the boo boys if we knew his daughter was heavily ill. Still i'm sure he personally felt better knowing he silenced them himself with a quality second season. I hope his daughter is better now.
On the note of lack of communication. Why no press conference for Slory to announce his retirement himself? Do you have to play a certain amount of match to earn that right?
It was, full page spread in the advertiser over a year ago
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:39 am

we could do with hughesy now
What !!!??? You are joking right ???

no im not , i thought salley played well towards the end , but we let hughes go last season and my main point was ,i dont think we should have imo, plus he didnt take to much of the salary cap either,
Mr. Happy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid.
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We're not full of convicts...

Postby Mr. Happy Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:44 am

Probably because Hughes didn't want to blame his daughter for his poor performances and try to rise above it and perform regardless, as it turns out it didn't really work out that way but Hughes did rise above the "boo-boys" (what a shit term) and perform with his heart on his sleve in the second season, which he had all reason not to considering.

In summary :bow: Hughesy.
Cats, Sex and Nazis that's why they call me Mr. Happy!
Mr. Happy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid.
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We're not full of convicts...

Postby Mr. Happy Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:46 am

There goes any chance of us winning the title now...
What rock've you been living under mate?
Cats, Sex and Nazis that's why they call me Mr. Happy!
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Probably because Hughes didn't want to blame his daughter for his poor performances and try to rise above it and perform regardless, as it turns out it didn't really work out that way but Hughes did rise above the "boo-boys" (what a shit term) and perform with his heart on his sleve in the second season, which he had all reason not to considering.

In summary :bow: Hughesy.
Adam Hughes went from a diabolical first season to a mediocre (at best) second. I feel sorry for the guy regarding his daughter’s illness but at the end of the day he is a very average footballer and I’m quite happy to see him wearing a Glory shirt.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”