Slory's urgent meeting with Rini?!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Adam
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Slory's urgent meeting with Rini?!

Postby Adam Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Slory rocked up to training late on two occasions last week (hence him not playing against Wellington), so he clearly doesn't wanna be here. I agree that he was wrongfully made the scape-goat against Brisbane and Rini should not have publically criticised him, but it looks to me that when things don't go his way, he has a sook.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:27 pm

So he's frustrated at things not clicking, he hates losing, he's being booed by so-called supporters and he doesn't have the mental strength to deal with it?

He can go. Pity, he seems to have the elements to tear it up in the HAL if he gets his shit together.

Let's grab Thierry Henry as a guest player.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:03 pm

so much for being a professional player, he is a sook and after this i have lost all respect for him. goodbye slory, you accomplished nothing.
all the players we sign with hype turn out to be nothing great with a few exceptions ofcourse.
i look at AU mark1 in ths nsl with a last minute squad and they played so well because they played with passion and heart...something that is missing now we get rid of the likes of dodd.
supsup

Postby supsup Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:29 pm

I still think the main reason Slory has underperformed is because every time he starts going for a run or opens up huge space for himself in dangerous areas his team mates ignore him and don't feed him the ball.

I blame Slory's performances on the team and he has been made the scapegoat for an entire team of shit performances.
I agree with this to a point. There were so many times when Slory would run and midfield would hold the ball that little bit too long. I would throw my hands in the air with frustration too.

I think Rini didn't need to blame Slory for the Brisbane game.

Like I said, in a different circumstance Slory could have got his form back. I'm a bit bummed it has ended like this.
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Postby oztrainspotter Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:00 am

losing slory will rank 4th on the biggest AFC fukups after flores, dodd, and reid.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:47 am

losing slory will rank 4th on the biggest AFC fukups after flores, dodd, and reid.
Well at least we got money for Marcos I think players that cost the club money are more f@#k ups Agostino, Owusu? At least the players you mentioned played!
If he leaves in the Transfer window and we make a little coin out of him at least we got that, but i can't really see a team paying for him atm.
I hope he decides to stay too. Really for AUFC and himself if he can turn it on in the next few weeks that will only raise his stocks then if he really wants to leave maybe a club will look at him otherwise hopefully he regains some passion and decides to see his contract out.
But atm that attacking winger position (if Rini only plays one) is Rambo's too lose now. Slory isn't in my starting XI for now.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:05 am

After all this there is no way he can play again? Surely. I mean, imagine the grief he'd cop if he pulled the shirt in this weekend against the Jets. He's getting booed enough already.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:54 am

After all this there is no way he can play again? Surely. I mean, imagine the grief he'd cop if he pulled the shirt in this weekend against the Jets. He's getting booed enough already.
I agree.

This should have been kept in house, that is of course if they wanted him to stay?.....maybe estrada has become available? Who knows

From here its really only to thailand or indoneasia for slory now imo dont think he would get a gig else where
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:00 am

I agree.

This should have been kept in house, that is of course if they wanted him to stay?.....maybe estrada has become available? Who knows

From here its really only to thailand or indoneasia for slory now imo dont think he would get a gig else where
Yeah I could see him going to Asia. AUFC don't release info for no reason. They want him out IMO. Which should mean they already have someone else lined up.
Time to Djbate!
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:03 pm

I still think the main reason Slory has underperformed is because every time he starts going for a run or opens up huge space for himself in dangerous areas his team mates ignore him and don't feed him the ball.

I blame Slory's performances on the team and he has been made the scapegoat for an entire team of shit performances.
i completely agree with this statement. too many times have i seen him make the run and his team mates completely ignore it or see it too late.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Val says slory will front the media and announce he is quitting not just the club ....but the game.

Could there possibly be much more to this mans story then we know? He seems a complicated guy
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:16 pm

i completely agree with this statement. too many times have i seen him make the run and his team mates completely ignore it or see it too late.
Ditto, been saying it ever since the first game. It is the same way that Rambo weas treated last season.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:36 pm

If he quits, which seems pretty much definate right now, I can't help but feel for the guy and at the same time feel slightly disgusted at most Adelaide United supporters that attend on match day for booing him.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:03 pm

He's retired from all football. Media release from the club:
Tuesday 22 November 2011

SLORY DECIDES TO HANG UP THE BOOTS

Adelaide United midfielder Andy Slory has decided to retire from professional football, effective from today.

Slory’s decision to hang up his boots comes after he conveyed to the Reds his desire to return to the Netherlands to start a new business venture.
Not on adelaidenow or the club site, but can't be far away. Mods wanna change the thread title?

EDIT - link: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... oots/42867
Mr. Happy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid.
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We're not full of convicts...

Postby Mr. Happy Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:06 pm

lol, bye.
Cats, Sex and Nazis that's why they call me Mr. Happy!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”