Adelaide United V Gold Coast United FC Match Day Jamboree!©?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

BC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Re: Adelaide United V Gold Coast United FC Match Day Jambore

Postby BC Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Chalk and cheese compared to last week, and all because of two small adjustments. Last week Vido and Ramsay made their runs into the box, which left no space for anyone to create and made it easy for Heart to defend. This week with Vido going right and Ramsay left it made space for Serge to pick it up and for Caravella to be playmaker, which was the second change - he sat back last week.

With Serge in the hole we looked great; dominated 35 minutes and flowed well. Caravella was superb in the creative role I thought. When Serge went off Slory played in the hole which was surprising because he doesn't have the football IQ to play there really. To his absolute credit he set up Ramsay's goal beautifully, two good balls from the area between midfield and Bruce. He shouldn't get abused when he's been asked to play out of position - he should be playing in front of Serge. Hope Serge is ok for next week.

It was a team effort though - Eugene, the fullbacks, the CB's and Usucar all played well and we wouldn't have won without them.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
BC

Postby BC Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:39 pm

Oh, and the 'Adelaide welcomes Gays, Gypsies and Refs' sign in the southern stand was absolute class :D
He scores with his left
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Postby oztrainspotter Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:36 am

@ whoever said that shit about cassio not celebrating..

the most concerning thing i have heard about our club for months. if we lose cassio to internal problems, rini has been an unmitigated failure.
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:40 am

it was just an observation but it did pique my interest and im not prone to hallucination. something is definitely going on there.
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Postby oztrainspotter Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:33 am

Wasn't there tonight, I believe you- indeed VERY worrying.

Good to hear slory had a decent night. He will be a superstar in this league once he gets a feel for teams' defenders' habits. I think the cohesion will come in the next few games

Booger and Rambo having good nights is a great start to developing an ambitious young team who wanna win and play nice football
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:38 am

Better to be lucky than good. Still an ordinary performance, lucky GCU were more inept up front than we were.
Good goal by Ramsey, first goal this year that was set up and played forward rather than off a defensive mistake.
But a win is a win, despite how awful the 180 minutes ( thats how long it felt last night) of football was.
Although I did'nt hear I'm told SVD made the comment during the week that the team are playing to Rini's pattern but there is some communication problems in the team!!!!!!! (Jeez I'd never have known)
I did notice Cassio was a bit put out by his 2 misses on goal and said something to Vidisic after the his free kick miss.
Noted Galecovic (trying) doing long distance kick out practice before the game..... still a bit short though, and only one kick out to SVD in his 30 minutes on the park.
Things have'nt change for Bruce either, whats he said to the refs?, they hate him he rarely gets frees and gives dubious ones away all the time
(maybe is their gypsy blood that makes them think all persons of darker skin look alike and they think he's Christiano, and so poof they show the yellow card)
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:13 am

Wasn't there tonight, I believe you- indeed VERY worrying.

Good to hear slory had a decent night. He will be a superstar in this league once he gets a feel for teams' defenders' habits. I think the cohesion will come in the next few games

Booger and Rambo having good nights is a great start to developing an ambitious young team who wanna win and play nice football
Dont know about Slory being a "superstar", but i like your optimism... lets hope u are right, coz we lack so much spark going forward! Only Ramsay and Vidosic atm are doing the odd piece of 'special' play...
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:52 am

Much better performance then last week, we actually had some purpose going forward. And i was impressed by not 1 but 5 or 6 players last night.

At least we have been building on our performances, i really like seeing consistency.
We are UNITED, after all....
Cassio!!

Postby Cassio!! Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:51 pm

undefeated in 2 games, catching up to brisbane!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:14 pm

It was only a year ago we just broke the record.......then comes farken brisbane.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:25 am

It was only a year ago we just broke the record.......then comes farken brisbane.
That Brisbane are making the rest of the league look crap is good in the sense that all other teams have a chance of finals, if nothing more.
BC

Postby BC Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:01 am

Much better performance then last week, we actually had some purpose going forward. And i was impressed by not 1 but 5 or 6 players last night.

At least we have been building on our performances, i really like seeing consistency.
Agreed.

Two points off third! A win next week would be huge - touch wood.
He scores with his left
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:28 am

Any highlights out there?

I missed the goals.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”