Adelaide United fans are ungrateful - Spiro Karanikos-Mimis

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Shane
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Adelaide United fans are ungrateful - Spiro Karanikos-Mimis

Postby Shane Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Adelaide United supporters are ungrateful
Tuesday, 08 November 2011 11:42
Written by Spiro Karanikos-Mimis

Several things have really, really irked me over the last few weeks and it all has to do with the actions of a few thousand dimwitted Adelaide United fans.

Read the full article here;

http://www.wearethereds.com.au/spiro-ka ... ungrateful
Shano. Red to the core.
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: Adelaide United fans are ungrateful - Spiro Karanikos-Mi

Postby Agostinho Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:45 pm

You forget this this is still Australia and there is no way the NSL would have attracted coaches and players of such note.
Dixie Deans, George Best, Roberto Vieri, Peter Beardsley, Ossie Ardiles, Ian Rush, Graeme Souness and Trevor Francis are just a few of the 'players of note' to grace the NSL.

And FWIW about Coolen, I don't really know much about his career - but I was watching last years World Cup Final in Chiang Mai and I got talking to a guy from Roosendaal (where Rini previously managed) and he laughed when I told him that RC was our new manager. Didn't have much good to say about him at all. Obviously only 1 opinion, but its the only one I've ever heard.
#WeAreUnited
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Good article, i think from alot of my posts its obvious this annoys me also.

Interms of coolens career....i dont think he has ever survived a second year as head coach. Some of the clubs he has worked for is impressive but i dont think he has been a succesful coach as of yet, sure managed in euro champions league but he inherited those games and was sacked the following season.

Remember back to when hughes pkayed for our club and was boo'd every week. The following season he has a great year and its revealed his daughter had just got passed life threatning ordeal with cancer during his first season....id have hoped au fans learnt from this

But this is adelaide isnt it, if its not the coach, ticketing, owners, imports , quality of shirts etc then well we cant complain and most only seem happy when they have something to complain about...

Yup, im whinging about whingers..
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Fan pays club for ticket…
Club pays player to give his best…
Player doesn’t give his best…
Fan boos player

You can’t put it any simpler than that.

Personally I have never boo'd a guy playing for a team I support and I never would unless he made it absolutely obvious he couldn’t give a stuff and wasn’t trying.

But that decision has never been about any sense of gratitude towards the players for being gracious enough to light up our lives with their presence.

These guys get paid very good money for doing something most of us would give our right arm to be able to do for a living, so if they don’t perform they need to be accountable in some way; copping it from the coach, copping it from the press and yes, if it is a question of attitude, perhaps copping it from the stands.

However, having said that I think booing a player on the pitch is counter productive as it can affect their confidence and make things worse, but certainly not because we should be kissing their boots in thanks for just bothering to roll up. That’s just ridiculous.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Following up from this at tonights game, slory got boo'd again. I was sitting near people that everytime the ball went near slory they somehow worked out how it was his fault the ball was turned over.

Vidosic put in a number of bad balls to slory , but hey it all gets blamed on slory.

Slory falls over duringg a half chance and he is jeered, our centre back falls and almost costs a goal and well..... Let turn a blind eye to that.

Scapegoating really makes me angry, weak emotional individuals do it...

Any baseball fans here that know the steve bartman story ?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:36 am

Good article. And too the whingers...come up with something better. If you people are so damn smart come up with a better game plan then the one that is so obviously failing. Just bitching 'they need to play better' and 'sack rini' just highlights your pure ignorance to the sport.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:44 am

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:44 am

Lol,

The point being , it ruined his life, and he was not the only person to go for the ball, but fans needed someone to blame for the 8 run inning so why not him, instead of the guys on the park who made errors and contributed to the 8 run dig.

It is ironic about the curse being a goat to lmao

Meanwhile one of the other guys who went for the ball and caught it off the ground ended up selling it for 100k and was never blamed for the incident.

Gotta love a good curse, the yanks do it well.
bensy

Postby bensy Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:49 pm

slory is copping an absolutely horrendous amount of abuse from the very first moment he steps on the pitch.

c'mon let's get behind the guy.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Good article. And too the whingers...come up with something better. If you people are so damn smart come up with a better game plan then the one that is so obviously failing. Just bitching 'they need to play better' and 'sack rini' just highlights your pure ignorance to the sport.
Good article ??? Last time I checked the only person being paid $600k a year to come up with a successful game plan was a certain Mr. Coolen.

The “shut up unless you can do better” defence would only apply if he was doing it voluntarily, like an under 6’s coach.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Good article ??? Last time I checked the only person being paid $600k a year to come up with a successful game plan was a certain Mr. Coolen.

The “shut up unless you can do better” defence would only apply if he was doing it voluntarily, like an under 6’s coach
Completely agree with Martin!
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:23 pm

I don't know, maybe I am simply stupid and emotional but I can't see what Slory is bringing to the team. Admittedly, he played ok when put in a difficult position and he doesn't deserve to be booed - most of the time. But there are also times when he won't chase and, more importantly, won't pass. Add to that a general impression that he's not a great admirer of the rest of the team and...

The article itself makes no serious pints in Rini's defense. It's not a matter of forever grovelling about how lucky we are to have a team like this to support. We have a team and we have every right to expect them to perform. We were told they would. Rini spent a lot of cash and got rid of a lot of players who had been contributors. It's not his fault that we lost Flores but it is his job to make sure we compete. At present we're still struggling.

Credit to him that he's trying to adapt the system now. But I don't go with the idea that I can't criticise my own team when they disappoint me. I'm a member, a season-ticket holder, a blogger and on the fans committee. I love this bloody frustrating team. I'm not much interested in being told how grateful I should be just to sit and watch them play badly.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:31 pm

It'd have to be something pretty intense to make me ever want to boo an individual. Slory doesn't deserve it, but I'd really like to see him do something to shove it up the collective arse of those who have done so. A hat trick would do it.

Fault at this stage MUST sit with Rini. It's his problem to fix, and fark me, the clock is ticking...
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Postby oztrainspotter Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Seriously stick ya slory boos up ya coit

Virtually a whole new team except for serge and cassio and Maybe slory.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm not a fan of booing, but each to their own. Credit to Slory's effort the past couple of games - he's played as expected - with effort. But honestly he was fkn ordinary against Brisbane. Not only in ability but effort. He wasn't the only one but he was the most obvious.

Agree in regards to Rini - the buck stops with him. It is a bit knee jerk though some of the abuse he's copped. He transformed us last season after a completely unacceptable one the year before. IMO he deserves more time before his head is placed on the block.

I do love the 'if you don't agree with me you know nothing about football' attitude though. I'm looking at you, Stuckey.
#WeAreUnited

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”