Tid Bits

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

double07
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Tid Bits

Postby double07 Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:50 am

Couple of tid bits in the news that I haven't seen posted here...

Golec had some choice words for Ben Williams on Sat night including "Worst Referee Ever", "Homo" and "Gypsy"... Twitter deleted and appology issued...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/ade ... 6187085830

Also, Birighitti is off for a trial with NEC Nijmegen, good luck to him, he's too good to be riding the bench here...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6186686446
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: Tid Bits

Postby Agostinho Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Very ordinary from Golec
#WeAreUnited
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Very ordinary from Golec
Definitely not fabulous enough, darling :D

But seriously, people still talk like that? In 2011?
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:26 pm

The majority of his tweets were whining about how he should be playing in the first team. The twitterverse is better off without his aacount.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 pm

The barbarians are inside the gates. Closet Victory supporters in red. Disgusting
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:15 am

Its a dumb move. But I've been in the North stand and thats a compliment compared to the things i've heard (and said) there. Ben Williams is a terrible ref there is no denying that.
Time to Djbate!
Agostinho

Postby Agostinho Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:06 am

Its a dumb move. But I've been in the North stand and thats a compliment compared to the things i've heard (and said) there. Ben Williams is a terrible ref there is no denying that.
That's kind of missing the point though, Stuckey. Who really cares if a referee is insulted? What's completely unacceptable is that Golec is equating being gay as something negative.
#WeAreUnited
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Good luck to Biri in Holland I hope the trial goes well and he can land a contract.

As for the other, just what we need to get the refs more upset with us and treat us poorly on the park, it might have an effect on in their decisionsin future especially Williams who has always been very good to us (sarcasm)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 pm

That's kind of missing the point though, Stuckey. Who really cares if a referee is insulted? What's completely unacceptable is that Golec is equating being gay as something negative.
To be fair though i have gay friends who use the word gay as a negative describing word and take no offense to it being used in that context. the word gay has almost evolved into 3 different words

His mistake was not realising his twitter account is a public record for the professional footballer who plays for adelaide united, so what ever may be said there can be scrutinised just the same as a press conference or while being on fox sports fc.

Bottom line is it was quite a stupid thing to say
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Agostinho

Postby Agostinho Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:25 am

To be fair though i have gay friends who use the word gay as a negative describing word and take no offense to it being used in that context. the word gay has almost evolved into 3 different words

His mistake was not realising his twitter account is a public record for the professional footballer who plays for adelaide united, so what ever may be said there can be scrutinised just the same as a press conference or while being on fox sports fc.

Bottom line is it was quite a stupid thing to say
And I'm sure there are plenty who do find it offensive - just like many black people would find the word nigger pretty offensive despite the fact that a lot of black people use the word quite freely. But anyway, you don't have to be gay to be offended by homophobia
#WeAreUnited
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:53 am

Language has enough flexibility and variety that I'd possibly give him the benefit of the doubt with explanation/context. What causes the most offense to me is the contempt shown to others by the obvious feigned apology and flat-out lying about it being meant as a private message.
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Postby oztrainspotter Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:42 am

club should sack him, make headlines worldwide.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”