AUFC v GCU

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

oztrainspotter
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

AUFC v GCU

Postby oztrainspotter Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 am

GCU 2 - ADL 1

FS: Kristian Rees.

Watch the Heart put a little run together.
Central Coast will maul MV
Perth pinch a point from Shitney.
And Welly get respectably beaten 2 nil.
spaceCowboy

Re: AUFC v GCU

Postby spaceCowboy Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:22 pm

We haven't been travelling well at all this season, so we must not lose at home.

2-0 win to us, with the same line up as last week, just Pancho in for Levchenko.
We are UNITED, after all....
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Could we have the lowest crowd ever for an A League game at Hindmarsh this friday night?
Its not a home game and we members have to pay and there was alot of grumbling in the grandstand friday night.
(I was stupid enough to buy my ticket before the Brisbane game!)

We will need a miraculous term around in form, and I can't see that happening with this lot. They looked good on paper, unfortunately on grass they turn out to be rubbish.

Interesting that the FFA wanted to push the Dutch style, and both clubs with Dutch managers are bottom.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Think of it this way. If they win, they win. If they lose, it accelerates the progress to a new coach.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Think of it this way. If they win, they win. If they lose, it accelerates the progress to a new coach.
The board won't get rid of Coolen, he signed a long term contract extention before the season started and they can't afford to get rid of him.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:22 pm

The board won't get rid of Coolen, he signed a long term contract extention before the season started and they can't afford to get rid of him.
And that's where things will get really interesting if the results stay the way they are. Something will have to give at some point.

That said, there's a long way to go this year.
ThatDickw/theGlasses

Postby ThatDickw/theGlasses Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:25 pm

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Really? After such a long off season members are complaining that we have to buy tickets for this match?

Complaining we get to see 1 extra game then we had expected?

Doing what adelaude does best?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Really? After such a long off season members are complaining that we have to buy tickets for this match?

What Adelaide does best is choke, fail at the final step and be the joke of the league.
If you are happy with paying for a season ticket then having to put up with what we have seen this year, not to mention the rubbish we had to put up with in the last half of last season, then good luck to you.
Yes AU fans are the best and most devoted in the league but even that has a limit.
Heres a suggestion: Maybe the red end should do a variation on the old chant of "shit club, no fans" and go with "shit club, Great fans" to let Griffen, Coolen et al know what they have.

I like many others don't mind paying our membership, but we do expect to see something like gumption, team spirit and a modicom of effort from what are supposed to be professionals.

I've been a member since the start, in the last year of the NSL, and have gone with the highs and the lows but I fear this is the lowest, as the current squad is undoubtadly the worst the club has fielded in its 8 years, and its the bleakness I see coming with this regime in the next couple of years that frustrates me the most.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:36 pm

they can't afford to fire him but they can afford to not make any funds available for him to sign players in the future, or more drastic measures if necessary.

He'll be gone in the coming weeks without an improvement in form.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:06 am

What Adelaide does best is choke, fail at the final step and be the joke of the league.
If you are happy with paying for a season ticket then having to put up with what we have seen this year, not to mention the rubbish we had to put up with in the last half of last season, then good luck to you.
Yes AU fans are the best and most devoted in the league but even that has a limit.
Heres a suggestion: Maybe the red end should do a variation on the old chant of "shit club, no fans" and go with "shit club, Great fans" to let Griffen, Coolen et al know what they have.

I like many others don't mind paying our membership, but we do expect to see something like gumption, team spirit and a modicom of effort from what are supposed to be professionals.

I've been a member since the start, in the last year of the NSL, and have gone with the highs and the lows but I fear this is the lowest, as the current squad is undoubtadly the worst the club has fielded in its 8 years, and its the bleakness I see coming with this regime in the next couple of years that frustrates me the most.
I love how someone pays you out for being a whinging Adelaidian and you repond with whinging!
Yes you are a member which SHOULD mean you want to see AUFC play as often as you can. So what would you rather sit at home or in a pub and wathc them on TV or go to another game! Yes we're playing badly, that means the side needs your support more then ever.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:34 am

Regardless how the team is playing ill still be there, even if we play poor ive still had the chance to have a couple of drinks, a good shout at whoever displeased me that night and unwound from a weeks work...thats the way i see it.

Theres guys on here who live abroad and cling to internet streams at awkward times of the day regardless how we play and i bet truly miss fridays at hindmarsh.

Only those who stick through the lows will truly enjoy the highs (imo) ......being a leeds fan u should understand this:p?jks
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Season ticket holders get cheap tickets right?

As if you complain! It is another game to watch live this year!!

I will be there for sure.
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:51 pm

iv got tickets, but i to think the crowed will be low ,which i think shows the style of football weve been playing ,and our results
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Can we get tickets from the club since its not a home game?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”