Adelaide United v Melbourne Heart Match Day Jamboree! ©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Heart Match Day Jamboree! ©

Postby shinAUFC Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Our midfield is the broken link that is killing us, to often they disapear, generally our defense has been strong , we havnt been able to pull the trigger upfront... To be honest we fluff chances that are harder to to miss then score.

We sucked tonight, but melbourne best player was by far the ref, blatant dives and handballs..
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
rug21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Van Dijk

Postby rug21 Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:45 pm

We played average and that was probably our best performance of the season :(.

Matt Thompson is a joke of a player, diving and then pretending he had a sore back or leg, whatever it was. It insults me that he is Australian!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:51 pm

Oh and wtf was with levs yellow and the other foul called on us for for for blocking a players run, our defenders feet were firmly planted and the heart players ran into them ......to me thats play on
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Hammerzeit

Postby Hammerzeit Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:15 pm

I was happy with Slory's cameo tonight until he stormed off the pitch and down the tunnel, clearly unhappy with vido's miss, about ten seconds after the final whistle. Best performance he had put in in a red shirt largely ruined in my mind by incredibly unprofessional petulance. Anyone else see this?

Still more questions than answers tonight. Narrow midfield, little overlap from fullbacks and little movement in the front third until heart lost colosimo gave an even game in which I'm surprised either team scored. Better performance for us, for sure, but we played a team and as disjointed as us.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:42 pm

Caravella. Wants the ball, gets the ball, holds the ball...and does nothing with it. Time after time after time.

Can't fault his hunger or workrate but he's not giving anything to this team. Dario needs someone to work off and I can't see any real contenders.

I maintain the Flores-Leckie-Reid axis is missing from the team. At a strech you can point to Dario as the replacement for Flores, Ramsey for Leckie, but no Reid. And its killing us.

We were crap tonight, make no mistake. But the drive and directness of Fabian Barbiero is what I think is missing so I'd love to see him back in soon.
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:46 pm

^this

though i'm dubious that one man can bind the listless 'individuals' we have right now. not playing as a team.
bensy

Postby bensy Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:02 am

not that bad. we had them on the back foot in the first half but could convert our chances.
bazz the ballbreaker

Postby bazz the ballbreaker Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:14 am

Ok there's something seriously not right. Our players don't move. Is it fitness??
no its the coach he is the guy who should be pulling all this together and he cant and never had the skills to do so and those who could do it he got rid of it wont getr any better until he is gone
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:20 pm

From my vantage point in the grandstand I can look down and see the bench.
Last night it seemed that all Coolen and Trani were doing was moving the counters around on the hand held whiteboard they had, even after all the subs were on the park, even though the players seemed to pay no attention to the coach anyway!
Never seen Ferguson, Wenger or even the Special One with the white board.
When Slory came on, he sat on the bench for a good 5 minutes getting instructions, then when when he came on he it looked like he ran past both Vidosic and Van Dyk and said maybe one word to them and did'nt go near McCain to pass on any instructions from the bench!!!!! WTF

Were not fit, that obvious. Our skill is marginal
Our tactics are a joke. We are poorly coached and lead.
Last night was our future, fighting out for the wooden spoon for the rest of the year.
Or we'll get our act together in January, win a couple of games on end, and just miss out on the finals. And we'll all be happy with what might have been.
We could'nt be more buggered if we were bent over with our trouser down and a pot of vaseline in both hands
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:53 pm

There are definite fitness issues. It was one of the first cracks that appeared last season. The team could not play in the heat at all, last years cool summer dampened that negative to a limited degree.
Cassio!!

Postby Cassio!! Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:53 pm

think of this is the start of our own 33 game unbeaten streak, even if its 33 draws.. that might get us top 6
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Val mentioned on Saturday how it was our first ever squad without a South Aussie out on the park... not a major issue, but i still can't help but look at it as a new dawn at our club...

We were crap tonight, make no mistake. But the drive and directness of Fabian Barbiero is what I think is missing so I'd love to see him back in soon.
i don't want to be all negative over a 45 minute display, but i will be lol. at the Youf game vs Heart yesterday i only watched the 1st half before heading out, but Barbs didn't look 100% ready to step up into the senior squad to me. i don't know what it was, but a few runs that didn't eventuate to anything, a bad corner delivery, a few miss timed passes, lack of pace... nothing major, at all, but enough for me not to think 'give this boy a call up!' i should be taking into consideration that when playing for the Youth there's other things to factor in though, like different goals that the squad wants to acheive. as well as the fact players (can) lift with better players around them, and when on the big stage.

Boogs looked good, as did Mullen. i don't know who our number 9 is, he was also wearing the arm band, but he was damn impressive. hungry for the ball, great passing, nice turns, held the ball up well using his body weight. i can see him having a good future, who ever he is lol.
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 am

i don't know who our number 9 is, he was also wearing the arm band, but he was damn impressive. hungry for the ball, great passing, nice turns, held the ball up well using his body weight. i can see him having a good future, who ever he is lol.
Wasn't Ricardo De Silva was it?
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:37 am

Another shite game. Dilevski's goal was great, and Slory was really good. The 2 most maligned players from last week.
#WeAreUnited
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:38 am

3 dives from the Heart. No yellows.
But on the otherhand, Slory cheated to get Colosimo sent off. You could see on the second replay that Slory was the one holding on and went to ground and pulled Colosimo with him. He hid it well and the ref could never have picked it, but if you recorded the game - go back and watch it again.
#WeAreUnited

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”