Looking Forwards

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Looking Forwards

Postby Nash Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:10 pm

a Coolen press conference

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... ment/42197
Openly admitting last Friday night’s loss to Brisbane Roar was unacceptable, Adelaide United Head Coach Rini Coolen insists it is not panic stations at the Reds as they look to turn their fortunes around.

Coolen was on the front foot today to face the criticism following the carnage of the Reds’ 7-1 defeat to the league leaders. Addressing the media after the Reds returned to training for the first time since Friday’s forgettable night at Suncorp, the Reds boss did not shy away from the scale of the loss and his team’s inability to stop a first half Roar onslaught.
a standout statement
“After a game like that (against Brisbane) and again not having the result you want, you have to consider a few things, especially when there are people knocking on the door at training and in the Youth Team, that’s for us to think about and for us to consider this week.”

“To find the confirmation that we’re looking for we still need a couple of days, but definitely we have to change something, especially our way of playing, and also maybe one, two or more new players.”
and this, not what we need. especially as i want Barbs to play. hopefully the flight has no affect
Due to the Qantas flight disruptions, Coolen only flew back into Adelaide last night, while Nigel Boogaard, Fabian Barbiero, Antony Golec, Cameron Watson and Ricardo Da Silva are all still yet to fly home after featuring in the Reds’ 3-1 win over Brisbane Roar Youth in the National Youth League on Saturday. Coolen is hopeful they will return to Adelaide tonight
lastly
n his assessment, Coolen also reserved a mention and praise for the Adelaide United fans, who he hoped would continue to stick by the team after enduring a rough start to a highly anticipated campaign.

“Our supporters are always supporting us in good moments and bad moments, and we know that they are there, so together we can solve a big problem and we prefer to look forwards and what you need is results,” Coolen said.

“You don’t get results for free, you have to work hard for it, and we have to work even harder and that’s what we’re doing from day to day.”

hopefully they get their shit together, coz i want this sadness to go away!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Looking Forwards

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:58 pm

This result could possibily turn into somwhat of a positive.

All guys in the starting 11 would be on notice, and everyone else knows they have a great chance to break into the 11 .

How long will slory last? With his history he may be gone in january tranfer window

If we dont see a far i proved team the next few games then imo season..... Im not talking about winning more so performing.

We have a great squad and two very good men incharge (trani and rini) and talent does not disapear overnight.

By 9pm friday night as we all walk out on hindy i think we will know if this group has the ticker to be up there this season
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”