Playing without Heart

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Playing without Heart

Postby lufcmike Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 am

Maybe we can take heart, as it were, from L'ärse, winning last night 5-3 over chelski, they have'nt lost a game since they got solidly flogged by the scum a month ago.
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:52 pm

In fairness this season's Premiership is far more open. Anyone can get 4th place with a good run IMO.
D.A.M

Postby D.A.M Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:13 am

AFter watching the game friday night, We were in controol until that sloppy tackle from McKain. after that, Slory decided not to chase back. #=3 goals came from their attcking right ie ourt left hand side, where was Slory??? Susak was chasing back and was pulled intoo the centre to cover Broich and twinkle toes Nicholls who were strorming through. Conclusion - Slory is useless!!!
Then that cheap penalty they got to score the 5th......

Above all, we played much better in the 2nd half, but as the game was already lost, we didnt have the heart.

what jacks me off, is the fact that many times AU gets behind, it seems like they cant fight back. other teams klike sydney and victory, chase and harass for the full 90, even if they are 2 or 3 goals down. Damn, ever Fury who lost 8-2 to us last year, chased and scored 2 goals
UNITED, UNITED, UNITED
vash

Postby vash Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:50 am

It was 8-1. And Fury didn't chase at all - that goal was a consolation scored on the counter.

I'm just as displeased with the performance as anyone, but the way we played against Sydney meant there wasn't going to be any other result than this one against a rampant Brisbane team. They believe in and work for each other because they have seen that the system works. Our team hasn't acquired that belief yet.

I don't want a team with heart. Playing with heart means that your technique, skill and game plan weren't good enough - and while determination might win you some games, it's not going to win you silverware. These players should have enough pride in their performance as professionals to know that their game against the Roar was so far below standard it wasn't funny, and put their hand up to rectify it, rather than having to rely on emotion that can only carry you so far.

I'm just hoping that because of that performance, the odds for Adelaide winning against Heart are high. Because there is nothing more certain than the team winning this week. If they don't, they might as well treat the whole season as a pre-season for next year.
Anti

Postby Anti Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:16 am

Adelaide United. Home of the pass-and-stand school of football.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Adelaide United. Home of the pass-and-stand school of football.
Overly generous, sequence is standing, receive pass, move, pass, have ball intercepted, resume standing.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Anti

Postby Anti Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Overly generous
Hey, they're still my team. Of course I am going to be generous in my praise of their footballing style :)
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:30 pm

Doesn't look like any of the youth team will be playing this week - they are stuck in Brisbane because of the Qantas strike. They just tweeted how they were at dream world today lol.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:00 pm

Some good news, channel 10 news had that Boogaard, Barbiero and Djite are fit to play this weekend.
And Susak will play despite and ankle roll at training.
Matsysays

Postby Matsysays Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:02 pm

problem is rini is adapting to adelaide culture and not giving his..
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Interloper

Postby Interloper Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:33 pm

The debate is moot. Rini got "The full backing of the board" today, which means he'll be gone within a month.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:06 pm

The debate is moot. Rini got "The full backing of the board" today, which means he'll be gone within a month.
Lol nah, his long term contract pretty much guarantees he will be her for a fair while as our owners are tight with their cash ( which i can understand)
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”