Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree! ©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

davidbloop
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree! ©

Postby davidbloop Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Lol. Rini's job should be under serious consideration from 2 bad matches?
Ray
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Ray Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:25 pm

No Vidosic = No Adelaide United? Sure looked like it out there today. Sydney played very well and dominated most of the game, but for Galekovic and the woodwork they would've belted us today. Our goal was fortunate, comical even but Dario was johnny on the spot. Once he was off we were so bereft of creative ideas it was ridiculous. Caravella and Slory really needed to step up but were anonymous and we resorted to just hoofing it up to SvD with little success (money for jam for Beauchamp) most of the time.

On today's showing I don't think Slory's got it, he was poor, misread the game, mishit the ball and just plain got it wrong so many times I'm just not convinced. He has moment when he threatens brilliance but he doesn't follow through. Dilveski had a shocker in midfield as well, so many missed passes it was ridiculous. I thought Susak and McKain did OK and Cassio was good as ever. Malik was average, Sydney targeted him well and he struggled. Ramsay also played well and Slory should've put away the beautiful chance he created in the first half. SvD tried hard and battled well but was just too far away from the box trying to win or hold up the ball most of the time. Usucar was OK, put himself about well, Wilson & Mullen were also OK.

We rarely looked like creating chances and hardly troubled Necevski, Sydney on the other hand overran us in midfield time and again and moved the ball around well. Their midfielders, especially Antonis and Carle wanted the ball and to be the fulcrum of their team. We only had Vidosic doing that and once he was gone we were terrible, it was like the Perth first half all over again. If he's not fit next week then I fear Brisbane will give us one hell of a hiding. Coolen's got to find someone else in that side that wants to be "the No. 10" and be the man to get this team playing.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:34 pm

No, i didnt say that. I said "if we put in a couple more efforts like this, i think Rini's job should be under serious consideration!" ...of course he shouldnt be sacked after two bad games, but if we stay this inconsistent and continuously put in shockers like this (its not like in our two losses we have been unlucky, we have been dreadful), then he should come under serious fire. Just my opinion.

Plus i told u at the start of my original post that i might be just talking out of anger lol
davidbloop

Postby davidbloop Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:33 am

All good, I think I just read it too fast
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:24 am

It's dangerous to propagate the myth that Adelaide performed exceptionally well vs Melbourne. A disciplined back four and a threatening frontline covered for a lot.

It's worth noting that the only Adelaide goal vs Melbourne was from a horrendouse Melbourne error and involved Van Dijk and no other Adelaide players. The goal vs Sydney came from Vidosic pouncing on a horrendous defensive lapse from Sydney, this also involved no other Adelaide players (unless you count the cross that should have been dealt with)
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:18 am

Jeez, a call to Flores is looking mighty tempting right about now.

Said it before, but its worth repeating. Individually Flores, Leckie and Reid are all pretty much replacable. Losing all three at once...devasting. The pace and space they created for us is just no longer there.

It makes life harder for SvD, and with the erratic support he's getting from Slory, Ramsey and Caravella it doesn't look like it'll get any easier.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:31 am

So much promise and excitement before the season, but this is not a championship winning team. It was remarkable that we were even in the game at half time let alone 1 goal up. Can thank Galekovic for keeping is in it for as long as we were.

Some pretty poor performances all over the park, but for me Dilevski was the worst. He was woeful against Perth also. I've been so looking forward to United coming to Brisbane, but I dread to think what's going to happen to us at Suncorp next week.
#WeAreUnited
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:50 am

So are our two supportor groups having hissyfits at each other now? That what i saw atleast yesterday.....ahhh the good ol days lol.

We played shit, wasnt good enough.....lets not forget it took brisbane a few rounds last reason to look half decent....just saying
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
flavze

Postby flavze Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:44 pm

damn i wish i was drunker watching that, might have been less painful. Woeful game and i dunno what Rini was thinking going into the game with only defensive players on the bench.

Not giving up yet but tbh we don't look good atm. The only team we have beaten is MV who look even shitter than us.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:34 pm

APOLOGY
I apologise for my earlier comments in my posting after last nights game. Apparently I must have been at different game featuring AU and SFC in an alternate universe.

Just read Val Miglianos article on the news website and his ratings of how the players went. Apparently in the game he saw, , most played well or better and got scores of 6.5 and above. (Slory only got a 6). All above average scores!!!!!!!!

Then saw Rini on 7 news and he says it was just fitness that was the problem, and we were well on top when Sydney scored and he thought a draw would have been a fair result!!!!!.

So we unfit against Perth, but ble to easily run out the game against MV and unfit again against SFC.

Well lets hope the club can hand out to all fans the same rose coloured glasses that Val and Rini wear for our next home game. and home I don't take the wrong turn in the twilgt zone and haed into that alternate universe again.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:56 pm

^^^

:D

It's not looking balanced atm.
I get the impression we are not yet a "team" but rather a collection of individuals selected for each match.
The team will over time develop a new character but that will/could be a painful period for all concerned.

God.
(shudder)
I hope we don't have another 8 months off after this season!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:15 am

No, i didnt say that. I said "if we put in a couple more efforts like this, i think Rini's job should be under serious consideration!" ...of course he shouldnt be sacked after two bad games, but if we stay this inconsistent and continuously put in shockers like this (its not like in our two losses we have been unlucky, we have been dreadful), then he should come under serious fire. Just my opinion.

Plus i told u at the start of my original post that i might be just talking out of anger lol
its posts like this, and davidbloops corresponding post, that make me like this forum.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:21 am

It lacks the frothing incoherent rage of its degenerate cousin. The many threads last night about Slory and how "ENOUGH IS A ENOUGH" entertained me to no end
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 am

Ramsay showed signs, I've never been a fan of him but his pace really made an impact on saturday, if he can get the technique he could be a goer, I'll happily eat my words if he becomes our next leckie.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 am

Ramsay ain't going to become the next Leckie, A-League is probably his level. More likely to become the next Pantelis. Which is probably a good thing in terms of temperament as a team player (see also Dodd, who had a very solid game for Perth yesterday, linking up attacks, getting back in defense, contesting every ball.. still too fat to last 90 mins tho). But this is Rini's team and it's up to him to get them playing as a unit. If he's going to bring in a few egos (Slory, Lev in particular) then he had better be able to whip them into line.
It lacks the frothing incoherent rage of its degenerate cousin. The many threads last night about Slory and how "ENOUGH IS A ENOUGH" entertained me to no end
:D
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”