Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree! ©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree! ©

Postby Old Gregg Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Sack Slory - gutless
Sack Dilevski - mindless
Sack Coolen - clueless

Well done Sydney :(

(Almost) glad I couldn't make it to this game.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm surprised with Dilevski's performance I rated his pre-seasons form very highly, and I don't know why Rini would take Rambo off instead of Slory. Rambo was a shinning light for us!
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:04 pm

I'm surprised with Dilevski's performance I rated his pre-seasons form very highly, and I don't know why Rini would take Rambo off instead of Slory. Rambo was a shinning light for us!
Madness. Ramsay was one of the best on the pitch, Slory was the worst.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Doyle

Postby Doyle Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Another infuriating performance by Adelaide and it is beginning to look like another one of those seasons, where Adelaide are so far off the mark of where they should be at.

It baffles me, United on paper are a side of pure class lead by a coach that I have a lot of faith in. However today was another heartless performance. Nothing was happening between midfield and attack, and despite a good performance in the early rounds, the defense was full of holes. The two goals that we have scored this season have been handed to us on a platter, apart from those we have rarely challenged the opposition goal and it is difficult to see where the goals will come from.

Adelaide turned the ball over so many times, and Slory was absolutely dreadful. I am amazed that he continues to start on.

A truly frustrating performance and I have begun to start pulling my hair out. Wake up UNITED!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Andy Slory lacks the superior skill and poise of past red's attackers like Giraldi or Owusu
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:41 pm

How can you go from a good win over MV to this?
Hammerzeit

Postby Hammerzeit Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:47 pm

I feel dirty. We let Jamie Coyne score at the North End.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:09 pm

WTF, I'm just dumstruck and flabbergasted, was last week an abberation and tonights performance a hangover?
Or are we footballing vampires - can't go out and play in daylight and we suck as well.
That has to be the worst performance by AU in years, apart from Eugene, Susak and Mc Cain we were totally and utterly appalling.
Yes we scored, but if SFC were'nt so inept in front of goal it could have easliy been a 4 or 5 goal towelling.
Lets face it we have been just plain lucky in the last three weeks. Perth could have done us by 4, we were keyed up for the MV game, but also the same had 3 chances, tonight we had 2 or 3. Thats all.
The midfield is easily countered and our attack is virtually no existant. Even against Perth we had 10 minutes where we looked competitve but tonight we were just 1 demensional, skilless but just plain lucky.

I don't want to single out players but,
It has to be said, Slory has to go, I know he's Rinis mate but he brings absolutely nothing to the side, he's like Spags on a bad day, he can't run can't pass, has no positional sense, can't shoot and is totally useles in the box, and draws the ire of the refs (the new Christiano).
I was looking forward to next weeks game, no more, I dread to think what the Jaffas will do to us.
I need a shower to calm down and wash away the stain of tonight
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:11 pm

I put that one down to Rini. He's built this squad, and he's gone for flexibility, but today we showed none.

Bruce was out, so where was da Silva? Our bench was packed with midfielders and defenders meaning the options up front were always limited - especially once Dario went off.

They had us covered and we had no way of breaking them down, while they started to cash in on the chances they created.

Was impressed by Carazine's movement off the ball, and Carle looks energised by Emerton's presence. Thought Sydney's kit looked great too - way better than their crap home shirt.
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Things went downhill after Vidosic went off!
Red rooter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Van dijk - cassio

Postby Red rooter Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:35 pm

forget slory, Caravella was terrible
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Slory had a shocker! he reminded me of Djite when he first played for us....all hype but just can't finnish in the box and lacks ball reading abilities.
As soon as vidosic is gone we look a shambles.....might be one of those seasons.
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:17 pm

our game plan sucks
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:36 pm

There was a game plan?! I saw hoofball tonight.

I can only say Van Dijk and Galekovic played well. The rest were just horrible. Malik was awful, I think he lost out every time the ball was near him. Dilevski is no good. Caravella enjoys running sideways to nowhere and then losing out. Slory is a straight up weirdo. Ramsay does one good thing for every dire thing but at least he hustles I suppose. Cassio is out of form badly.

I would have played Usucar to start. He was alright when he came on.

Just shithouse. No movement. No possession. 2-1 was flattering.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:55 pm

This is gonna be a long post! Im so frustrated right now so im not sure whether im talking out of anger and the heat of the moment or what, but let me know if u agree with me lol

Firstly, Rini transformed this team massively in the off-season, so this squad is truly his! If we put in a couple more efforts like this (thats 2 out of 3 terrible games now), i think Rini's job should be under serious consideration!

Next, we are lacking so much creativity and pace in the forward third it aint funny! We are missing Reid, Leckie, Dodd and Flores so much! It appears if Vidosic doesnt play / well, we look doomed!

Cam Watson should start next week, id like 2 c him take Dilevski's role in midfield, and i wanna c Dan Mullen start at RB ahead of Osama Malik. And ive purposely kept this point to last, Andy Slory is shit. He was horrible at the end of last season, but i gave him another chance to change my opinion about him, and man as he failed in a big way. I hope we release him.

This squad got massively over-rated at the start of the season, but i still think we can come top 4, but some big changes are needed. Both tactically and personnel wise.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”