the redzone

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

brummyinadelaide
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

the redzone

Postby brummyinadelaide Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:27 am

I will watch the adelaide now Red Zone tomorrow ,lets hope the representative from the media looks a little more professional ,and less like a spiv
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: the redzone

Postby Nash Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Val was kind of growing on me, especially via the Red Zone - i couldn't help but think 'at least this guy is on our side deep down'. but the way he treated Flores last week on Reds Zone, was just arrogant to me. i know whingers like myself aren't the most popular right now lol, but seriously, i'm protective over Marcos lol. he gave some of his short valuable time in Adelaide whilst on off season holidays to the Reds Zone programme (extra time he could of spent in Argentina), and Val goes out and makes him uncomfortable by asking personal questions in front of the cameras - forcing a reaction. he was trying to get Flores to say something negative about the club - didn't even do it subtlety, blatantly asked what's wrong with our club, and who he doesn't like there. a move that's unfair on Marcos, and unfair on the club. if there really was a riff somewhere in management with our greatest player to date, fair enough, a journalist wants that story, but still, that is not the type of extra negative media coverage we need right now. and that is not the way our city's media should be treating an ex-player that we wish to entice back either.

to put it short, for me, Val just came out looking like a jerk in that interview.

*rant over... for now*
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Val wants Flores back and wants to try and dish dirt against anything that is preventing him from returning so he can exact Pissant Town quality media pressure on those he sees as being the Enemies of Football.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:49 pm

but i don't think that's something necessary right now, during a season. Flores still has time on his contract in China, so there's surely no point in trying to persuade him to AU again at the moment. plus Flores has always been open about his desire to wear our shirt again - he doesn't need more encouragement, he'll return when he's ready, if it does ever work out.

we should be focusing on the season at hand, with the players we currently have and stand by our coaching/management staff. there's an off season to debate differences during.

in my mind, the same principle should be in place here as the Slory situation. without belief from the fans, without belief within the club, nothing great will be acheived. we have to back our club when we're needed.. .
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:35 am

In complete concurrance Nash. Val is a passionate man but sometimes his focus leaves alittle to be desired.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”