Adelaide United vs Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Adelaide United vs Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!

Postby sevengoals Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:27 am

Watering the pitch makes it slick, but not slippery , ideal for a passing game,

Its happened every home game since rini has been here, lavicka does the same at sfs
Good the water restrictions have been lifted.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:37 am

Watering the pitch makes it slick, but not slippery , ideal for a passing game,

Its happened every home game since rini has been here, lavicka does the same at sfs
Good the water restrictions have been lifted.

B)
Haha good point
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:27 am

Another thing ive noticed with slory is he tracks back alot!

He actually makes some good defensive tackles and the odd late one.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Was it really so wild?
FED-UP fans say rogue Reds supporters are ruining the game by running riot in the streets after matches.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6167295618

Embarrassing situation for the club.
"B grade" is right.

POLICE were called to a dispute between local cricketers and Adelaide United at Prospect yesterday.

The Sunday Mail understands the Reds believed they had permission to train at the cricket club's home ground and were part-way through their recovery after Friday's win against Melbourne Victory, when Prospect's B Grade side arrived to warm up for its match against Glenelg...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6167516843

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
andyj
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Was it really so wild

B)
Nah, total beat up.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Im sceptical about the female photographer being hit.

I saw a camera man drag a teen ager by his scarf, the kid kept saying let me go let me go, but the camera man didnt , so the kid threw some punches....this was. On manton street.

From what i saw there were a few dicks that ripped flared on manton st and danced around it as if they were glow sticks at the mars bar.. I highly doubt those guys every come to any games apart from the melbourne ones....and it shows.....they are not fans .
andyj

Postby andyj Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Media were half the problem, a lot of people I saw were standing around doing nothing until someone started filming them. The reporting was a bit exaggerated the "stack of newspapers" that was set on fire was actualy just one paper! I guess that does not sound as dramatic.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Wow the AFL are getting good with their photoshopping. Almost looks like there are actually Adelaide United fans near that flare
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:49 am

my 2 bob...

McKain was outstanding, really enjoyed watching his game all night.

- he stood tall in defence, turning many attacks into easy clean ups
- held the ball well and thought about his distribution, which then gave the midfield a chance to get in good positions for counters
- showed true leadership, a few words with the ref, signs of support to team mates, had a generally positive vibe going on too. always remained calm and level headed.

but most of all, i credit Kewell's rather quiet night to McKain. he contained him well, personally took the ball off of him often and got under his skin. almost every opportunity he got he was in Kewell's ear, throwing him off his game. i remember at one point Kewell verbally bit back, and from the edge of our 18 McKain started cackling with laughter and turned and said something to Eug lol. farken. loved. it. and that tackle on Kewell whilst trying to break, then Kewell's attempt at payback/a sign of him breaking by collecting a yellow from a tackle on McKain. John showed him no respect and handled him well!

in summary, i too agree with him being captain lol.

2 quick mentions i also wanna make,

Malik played brilliantly considering, well beyond the talents i thought he had. my expectations of him were insulting in hindsight really. defensively i felt he was solid, and his attempts to get involved in attack was lovely to see - didn't really ever pay off on Friday but by seasons end who knows? could have ourselves a RWB in the making.

and lastly, at the moment i don't think Serg really knows where he fits into the current formula. he was playing much more than a striking role, which is ok, but SvD can put the ball in the back of the net, as we saw, so i'd love to see him partnered up better (Da Silva maybe?). i got the vibe he was too isolated out there, so the genuine chances on goal for him were few and far between.
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Postby oztrainspotter Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:22 pm

that pointing to the name thing while ice-skating backwards was a truly great moment.
andyj

Postby andyj Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:09 pm

that pointing to the name thing while ice-skating backwards was a truly great moment.
I liked the interview with him, when they asked why he did it he replied that the Victory supporters were chanting "who are ya" when he missed during the warm-up, so he was just reminding them of his name :D
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:24 am

FOOTBALL Federation Australia may issue life bans on the hooligans who marred the A-League clash on Friday.

An FFA spokesman said the body had already banned "a number of patrons from watching any A-League matches or Socceroos internationals and we'll do it again".

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6169160557

They're getting tough.

And in the same story
After Reds fans claimed the A-League's inaugural Fan Group of the Year award last season, the spokesman for the supporters' group, who chose to remain anonymous, said the fans had put in place their own plan to help weed out offenders.
gloves off!

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:30 am

If you see one of these idiots take a photo if them in the act and forward it on to police imo
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Agree entirely with Shin, get them out of the game.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Agree entirely with Shin, get them out of the game.
Isnt there some number we can sms the club during games if we have trouble with individuals? I wonder if they can recieve pxt msgs

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”