Perth Glory vs Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

flavze
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Perth Glory vs Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!©

Postby flavze Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:09 pm

What I want to know is, what the fuck have the team been doing on their 6 month break? Because it sure didn't look like they've been training. Rini had his squad sorted well before most others in the offseason, and still it looks like they all just met each other half an hour before k/o.
Susak joined the squad a week or so ago, Golec and DaSilva only joined in the last few weeks and Vidosic has hardly trained all pre-season due to injury. Our squad has only just came together right at the end of the pre-season and then we've had a few players in and out over the last few weeks with injury.
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Postby oztrainspotter Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:10 pm

watson - so many long balls, really hope that stops.

levchenko - i thought he was our best player during that nice little patch we had (albeit for 15 minutes

dilevski - just woeful.

caravella - hugs the line too much.

susak and mckain - damn solid.

Melbourne Victory - whole different kettle of fish: bring it
RedRis
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby RedRis Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:59 pm

I thought we were meant to have more balance in the team this year. But we had no left midfield for most of the game. Ramsey should have come on much earlier, so the width didn't rely on Cassio so much.
At least they have a game under their belt now, and should be better at home for the MV game.
supsup

Postby supsup Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Exactly. I thought Levchenko was strong during the good spell and played some good balls. I'm dubious of Caravella, not really a playmaker nor strong or quick enough to make things happen, at least from what I've seen. I thought Bruce played well and showed a lot of fight. I think we seemed to struggle out wide, apart from Cassio getting further up the pitch in the second.

I think we just weren't gelling and we seemed to rush things from the get go. You can see that Rini is going for a quick passing possession game but we were just a tad off/nervous/flat/whatever to make it work.

Still feel we are lacking an Andrezinho type. Cue missing Flores and Leckie. We should only get better and Vido will raise the bar I hope. Dilevski was pretty disappointing. Dodd's media games also. Thought he was a good guy but he seems daft.

I'm nervous for this week already.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:58 pm

So I am over reacting by being sick of people pissing on the club for "letting Flroes go" and complaining about how much better we would be if "the club had kept him". He made his choice based on the economic decision for his future - I have no problem with him making that call, I would have done the exact same thing. But to bemoan the fact he is not still at the club is ridiculus, he made his decision end of story - I do however find it ironic that he insisted this was not a decision based purely on the money but on furthing his football.

Edit: I am never talking or writing about this again.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:35 pm

hey all

im stuck at hong kong airport for 15 hours. if someone comes across the highlights of the game can they post them up. im dying to have a look.

cheers brady
There are no highlights that come to mind...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 pm

I'm hoping that this performance was a one off
Long flight, no decent chardonay on the plane, forgot to download Adele onto their iphone, did'nt like the colour of the milk on their cornflakes or some other distracting event.
With all the talk about balance in the squad and fighting for position and having 6 months to settle in, I suppose I (we) did expect better.
O well its behind us we have a test coming Friday, maybe the lads minds were on that game,

This game could be one for the Guiness book of records, the first time a team has played against 3 teams at one........... Victory, team kewell and the refs.
We will see Friday
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:55 pm

The loss sucks. The way we played sucks.

But I'm happier taking on Melbourne coming off a stupid loss than a lucky escape.

Pancho into a DM role with Lev, and Vido to start in behind SvD as a lone striker with Bruce starting on the bench please.

Melbourne are strong going forward, but I think we can cause them trouble at the back. Start with Ramsey and Slorey on the wings, Caravella to the bench.

Also, was our shot blocked about a metre out at all near being a handball? Seemed that way at full speed but was never mentioned again.
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:20 am

Clear handball, TT
#WeAreUnited
Adrian

Postby Adrian Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 am

The fact that we were a lot better after half time gives me some hope for Friday but god damn that first half was awful.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:36 am

So I am over reacting by being sick of people pissing on the club for "letting Flroes go" and complaining about how much better we would be if "the club had kept him".
FWIW I'm pissing on the team for dishing up such shite on Sunday evening. Nothing to do with Flores and nothing to do with the club. With the players at our disposal (even in the absence of Vidosic - one player does not make a team) and months of preparation work, the team should have been much much better than that disjointed rubbish that they played.

That's the sort of game where Flores would have been completely invisible / ineffective anyway. It happened at times last season.
But I'm happier taking on Melbourne coming off a stupid loss than a lucky escape.
That's a good point.. maybe good to have an early wake-up call
Pancho into a DM role with Lev, and Vido to start in behind SvD as a lone striker with Bruce starting on the bench please.

Melbourne are strong going forward, but I think we can cause them trouble at the back. Start with Ramsey and Slorey on the wings, Caravella to the bench.
Agree with everything. Especially benching Bruce, he's a fighter and he's good in the box but he's not an attacking mid.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:36 am

I havent seen the game but from what everyone is saying, its like we didnt even turn up in the first half. Im not worried though, no point peeking in the first game of the season, we need to build up towards the end of the season and the finals.

Bring on Victory in front of a full house at Hindmarsh!
We are UNITED, after all....
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:47 am

Clear handball, TT
Was a definite hand ball, but more people are complaining about the McKain incident.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:49 am

its like we didnt even turn up in the first half.
For the first 5 mins we were awesome, lots of crisp passing on the deck from Susak/McKain to the forwards who had some good interplay and I got a bit excited. Then our midfield got involved... or didn't get involved and we were dominated. No hustle and no movemment off the ball which lead to much hoofing the few times we did have it.
Slingy

Postby Slingy Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Was at the game and watched it on TV when I got back to Adelaide.

Here's my take:

Watson should be third choice.
Usucar did better than Dilevski.
We had no one on the wings. All play went into the centre and there was too much congestion. No support for Cassio to overlap up the left wing. Strange 4-3-2-1/4-3-3 formation.
Good 20 minute spell early in the second half gives us some positives. Perth had to sit back and counter attack for all of the second half (but they sure did do it well).
Van Dijk lacking a bit of touch, often killed the play by overhitting passes, hopefully will improve with some game time.
Poor movement off the ball, midfield players were slowing to a walk after passing the ball, rather than running to make space. Often were wandering into the same space and reducing the options.
McKain looked very good.
Levchenko practiced what he preached and kept the ball on the deck. Some good one touch passes, but could work harder off the ball.
Caravella did ok, but we could have done with him on a wing. He's got energy and skill.
Galekovic- We've got the best keeper in the league. It's funny how the Perth supporters sing that "you fat bastard" song, Don't they know that Vukovic is their keeper?
Susak did well considering he didn't get much of a preseason with the club.
Ramsey worked hard when he came on. Good to see someone who looks like they want the ball.

Anyway, now that I've got all that out of my system, I'd like to say thanks to Tim for the tickets. Extremely generous of you. Shame the ticketing people at the Perth stadium couldn't sort their shit out. It truly was amateur hour at the gates.
$7.50 or whatever it was for midstrength beer is ridiculous.
Bring on Hindmarsh!

By the way, does anyone know if the Carlton deal is over and if we'll get Coopers back like season 1? Hopefully the state government does the right thing by the team, sponsor and supporters.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”