Perth Glory vs Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

redhorse
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Re: Perth Glory vs Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!©

Postby redhorse Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Cheers Sevengoals & General, looking forward to being at hindmarsh next week, we need a win now to settle into a rhythm, because apart from 20 mins, we had none tonight. Pretty annoyed...Still plenty of games left.

Plus we are pretty much a new team.
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Dreadful game...minus the opening 20 mins or so of the 2nd half, we were useless. Will be intersting to c how this Van Dijk - Djite combination works out..showed some ok signs in the 2nd half...We need Vidosic!
Shane

Postby Shane Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Sure, it's our first game, but that was just a shiteful performance.

Awful to watch. No passion, no drive, no possession football.

We really lack any sort of midfield creativity and it showed today.

Perth kept knocking at the door and got their just rewards.

The lads need to wake up and Rini needs to really think about the type of football we're going to play, because if this is the formation and drive that we're going to have, it's going to be a very long season for us.

Flores and Reid were massive losses for us in the grand scheme of things, and it really has hit home with just how vital they were in this squad. We need players to step up to the plate and make these positions their own.

After 7 long months of no A-League, I hope it's not another few long months of 'Vidmar-like' football.
Shano. Red to the core.
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:04 pm

3 people got a 5+ rating for me... mckain susak and eugene... rest of them were terrible. good night all. does rini play fifa career mode? doesnt work that way in real life champ... anyway, lets hope they were ironing out the wrinkles;
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Sure, it's our first game, but that was just a shiteful performance.

Awful to watch. No passion, no drive, no possession football.

We really lack any sort of midfield creativity and it showed today.

Perth kept knocking at the door and got their just rewards.

The lads need to wake up and Rini needs to really think about the type of football we're going to play, because if this is the formation and drive that we're going to have, it's going to be a very long season for us.

Flores and Reid were massive losses for us in the grand scheme of things, and it really has hit home with just how vital they were in this squad. We need players to step up to the plate and make these positions their own.

After 7 long months of no A-League, I hope it's not another few long months of 'Vidmar-like' football.
+ 1

I agree with everything u said! Flores and Reid are MASSIVE losses...
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Cant remember the last time we were so shit,

Idont understand why after a 7 month preseason we could not play the ball yet in the second half we remembered its rinis game plan not kosmina.

We just had no midfield at all! Its hard to pick on any indivudual player as its pretty hard to have a positive game when everyone around is playing shit.

I hope to see usucar start next week over delevski, usucar is a big match player and we all know he has the potantial to stop mv attacks.

Imnot willing to judge big lev yet, he hasnt showed anything yet but neither has anyone else.

I dont know if this djite van dijk pairing will work when you can replace one of them with some with more creativity to put some good balls through.

It is only the first game of the season and i dont recall brisbane, sydney or mv showing their hand in the first week of the season when they were champions.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ray
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Ray Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:40 pm

I hope those peanuts they got for Flores are warming someone's cockles this evening because this game showed what a monumental fuck up the decision to sell him is going to be. The guile and creativity that he provided, the ability to create space for other players, find that killer pass - you just can't replace that and it showed today.

Our midfield was diabolical - you could also say why get rid of Reid and Hughes when there is no way those 2 would have served up that sort of gutless first half performance. For mine Dilevski and Levchenko were very poor, for 2 "big name" players you'd expect much better. They were overrun time and again and barely won a challenge. Caravella offered little in terms of creativity and was disappointing. Slory tried hard but no-one could win the ball and feed to him to do anything with it most of the time. Djite and van Dijk are the same sort of player, I don't really see how it's going to work up front.

At least in the second half we didn't sit so deep and actually got stuck in a bit more. McKain, Susak and Galekovic really kept us in it through most of the game, I thought all 3 played well. Cassio had a difficult game and couldn't get forward as much as we'd like. Watson filled in gamely again at Right Back but again, he's a stop gap and it shows. Hopefully Mullen's injury isn't too serious.

I really hope that Vidosic coming in to the side will sort out of some our creativity issues and for mine we could do with Usucar's steel in midfield. Has to be a million times better on Friday or the Tards will belt us.
flavze

Postby flavze Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Perth as a squad have been much more settled through the pre-season, ours has really only came together at the end and players have been injured though that as well. tbh i doubt we will see AU's best for at least a month into the season if we don't cop to many injuries,
considering how shit we were to only lose 1-0 is decent result.

tbh Perth will be up the top of the table this season, losing 1-0 away to them isn't a unexpected result.

imo most people went into this game a bit to overexcited with AU's squad on paper without taking into account a few facts and home truths.
Brades36
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: adelaide born

Postby Brades36 Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 am

hey all

im stuck at hong kong airport for 15 hours. if someone comes across the highlights of the game can they post them up. im dying to have a look.

cheers brady
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:15 am

What I want to know is, what the fuck have the team been doing on their 6 month break? Because it sure didn't look like they've been training. Rini had his squad sorted well before most others in the offseason, and still it looks like they all just met each other half an hour before k/o.

I'd be reluctant to blame the loss of key players - on paper we've got a stronger squad than just about anybody. Brisbane lost key players and they've picked up exactly where they left off (they were almost frighteningly good on Saturday). Why can't Adelaide, supposedly one of the most stable clubs in the league now, do the same? Implement a style of play and drill it into the players so it becomes second nature? Brisbane has a team without real stars, yet for some reason all the kids and no-namers they bring in manage to be able to find space, position themselves correctly and pick out a teammate with a simple pass. That's what wins games - all the players knowing the system and being on the same page as one another. There was not much evidence of that last night, they were all doing their own thing.

Fucked if I can remember Adelaide ever playing with so little cohesion or imagination as they did yesterday (yes, even under Vidmar). We could have been down 3-0 at half time but for some poor finishing by Perth.

I really really hope that that game was not indicative of the season ahead, the next two home games should be a better gauge for how the team is coming together.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:32 am

I wouldn't be wishing for Flores, he made his decision to sit on the bench in China and let his heart be warmed by the money he is earning rather than the game he is playing. 300 odd minutes of football he has played since he decided that cash was king, tells you something doesn't it.

I was being overly generous for Flores:
2011 Henan Jianye CSL
Minutes: 282
Appearances: 9
Starts: 3
Subs on: 6
Subs off: 3
Benches: 7
Goals: 0
Yellow cards: 1
Red cards: 0
Double Yellow/Red: 0

His cost for his new club works out to $4,609.92/minute as it stands, hope he is happy.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:09 pm

I wouldn't be wishing for Flores, he made his decision to sit on the bench in China and let his heart be warmed by the money he is earning rather than the game he is playing. 300 odd minutes of football he has played since he decided that cash was king, tells you something doesn't it.

I was being overly generous for Flores:
2011 Henan Jianye CSL
Minutes: 282
Appearances: 9
Starts: 3
Subs on: 6
Subs off: 3
Benches: 7
Goals: 0
Yellow cards: 1
Red cards: 0
Double Yellow/Red: 0

His cost for his new club works out to $4,609.92/minute as it stands, hope he is happy.
Get over it FFS. Its not like he went for an extra few bob - they nigh on quadrupled his salary. He'd have been stupid not to take it.

And do you really think he went there thinking he'd be warming the bench?
#WeAreUnited
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Oh for fucks sake. I hope you would show the same loyalty to an employer that you seem to expect from Flores if someone else came along throwing massive wads of cash your way.

In all his dealings with the supporters (and by the sound of it, the club), Flores was nothing but first class. We got a season of great football from him, he got an offer too good to turn down, he left. As for the CSL club's return on investment, it's their choice not to play him, isn't it??
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Have you ever taken a job where it just hasnt worked out?
Have you ever been offered triple what you currently earn ? Did/ would you take ?
Are professionals somehow lesser people then rest of us and therefor dont have the same right as the rest of us to earn the best wage they can and travel the world while doing it and heaven forbid fulfilling their own personal goals?

The fact is flores well and truly put in an amazing shift while in adelaide, always had time for his fans and promoted the game.

Dodd also left the club for bigger money, so did fyfe corny djite and burns.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Anti

Postby Anti Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 pm

Roll on Victory.

I have nothing to say about yesterdays "picnic in the sun" except to state that the beer was tasty and the bag of chips devoured.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”