Adelaide United Promotion

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

davidbloop
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Adelaide United Promotion

Postby davidbloop Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Ok

So I started thinking about how awesome it would be if Adelaide United managed to get sellout crowds throughout the season. I know it is highly likely to happen for certain matches but if it could continue all season it would be unreal and would have a great effect on the footballing landscape in SA and even over AUS.

So I was wondering, what do people think is the best way for Adelaide to achieve this?

Here's some of my ideas:

1. Flyer runs.

I can source colour flyers extremely cheaply and its a great way to reach a lot of people. We could do a flyer run for each game in the season and all it would take is small commitments from each person involved. Obviously the more people involved the less the commitment is. With a group of 10 people being involved I could manage 50,000 flyers for a bit over $50 each. If more people were involved it would be less and if we decided on less flyers it would also be less.

2. Social Media

This is the simplest thing to think about but the hardest one to truly capture and utilise fully. When a message spreads across social media it is truly the best possible advertising you could ask for, but it is extremely hard to cause the mass spread. Any ideas?

We could start with simple things such as the Adelaide United or even We Are Football logos as our profile pictures but there's gotta be better ways than that.

3. Club communication efforts.

Maybe if we got in contact with the club with a plan and what we'd like to achieve then they could offer some direction and/or help.

For example if we went to the club and said 'we have a plan of trying to deliver over 10,000 flyers to the public before each game and we have 10 people willing to put their time, effort and/or money to help that cause' they would be willing to give a helping hand because really, it's for their benefit.

Any ideas? I know it's been discussed almost to death before but we're coming up to a season that is full of hype in the off season and really has more advantages to make or break than ever before and I'm keen to try and make sure it works out as well as possible.
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Re: Adelaide United Promotion

Postby oztrainspotter Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:11 pm

all good ideas.

you're probably making the marketing manager of AU a bit twitchy. I wonder if whoever that is is smart enough (or stupid enough) to read this forum..
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Dont really think the club needs any sort of help in that area.

Just goto the games get rowdy,
Goto away games get rowdy,
Buy the new strip.
Bring a friend along to point 1 and 2 ...

Pretty simple
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Pretty simple
this

It sounds a bit simplistic, but, if everyone dragged an extra body along to two games during the season it would boost our overall crowd average by 15%
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Pretty simple
this

It sounds a bit simplistic, but, if everyone dragged an extra body along to two games during the season it would boost our overall crowd average by 15%
Pretty much,

I really dont think the club needs help directly , but as i always say in these kind of threads......get involved with the red army, maybe to shane about trialing as a blogger on watr's etc etc.... These are all ways you can indirectly help the club.

Oh and if there are people out there who really want to make a difference with the club but dont plan to buy the $65 membership with voting rights........FAIL to them!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:50 pm

I want to be a member but I don't have $65
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:31 am

theres a pretty interesting fan drive going on at fft at the moment regarding the we are football campaign. they are trying to raise around 1000 bucks and print out stickers to slap all over the place. good to see fans uniting to do something good for the league.

dunno if we really need that in adelaide as much as some of the other cities, i guess the best thing i can think of is to plaster a whole heap of propaganda around the local clubs. any form of awareness is good, get the kids wearing united shirts to training, kicking united balls around the parks/games. how we can affect that i do not know, but all the little things you do add up to a lot.
WINDSOR

Postby WINDSOR Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:17 am

davidbloop I reckon these are good ideas. Some of these things would overlap with the AUFC Membership Committee they were staring.

I understand this would be a more underground thing. I have explored some topics with the club.

Here is an email I sent to Matt Rossi in May:

I think the AUMC is a fantastic initiative and once again we are leading the nation in our outlook and potential as a football club.

I will be signing up to be a member again in 2011/12 and I just a query about the role of AUMC.

What if there was a system where AUFC would delegate AUMC to accept skilled volunteers to work on specific projects;
Community engagement
IT
Project management
Data management
Marketing
Social Media

Do you see the AUMC moving in this direction?

His reply:
Thanks for your email.

As you are aware, the AUFC Membership Committee is a very new concept for the club. The ideas you have put forward all have the potential to move forward in some respect in the future. Once the committee have established itself and some processes have been put in place, all of these things will be looked at in more detail.

That was May, now there is a Club’s Management Committee being establish. SO..............

It is not clear if there is a AUMC or it is just the CMC. But 3 members of the fanbase will enter the CMC if they pay the $65 and get nominated. The CMC would provide info to the Board at AU.
Hindmarsh - the worlds greatest stadium without a car park
@windsors

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”