"Friendly" v MVFC September 23

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

SpawningSalmon
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Vidosic

Re: "Friendly" v MVFC September 23

Postby SpawningSalmon Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:50 am

is there a list of songs they had playing before the match? i liked 1 of the songs but i cant remember the lyrics :p

(i remember him saying heights or something in the song)
Is this it?
Cassio!!

Postby Cassio!! Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:39 am

yup thx
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:26 am

I am so sick of hearing bout harry kewell.

According to all news reports harry was the only player out there and he destroyed it!

Not to mention that 9500 people supposedly went to the game to watch kewell , i mean is it so hard to believe that a large portion of us went to finally watch our new squad take on ourbmost bitter rivals after such a long off season?

Im not saying kewell didnt attract some fans.....but come on.

Also if your a fan that sits up the north end and all your loud vocal energy goes into telling the red army and anyone else around you how shit they are, well you need not bother coming at all me thinks :D
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:38 pm

It ended up being a typical preseason game really despite all the Harrymania and the fact that it was the tards. Just didn't have that electric atmosphere that these games have when points are on the line. Players going at three quarter pace and lots of sub breaks broke up any chance of the game developing a rhythm.

That said I share the concerns of some others that we looked distinctly 2nd best, especially in the first half. It may have been those fluro shirts (yuk !) but they looked like they had more players on the park at times.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:09 pm

We really lacked anyone who would just run at defenders and take them on. Aside from Slory but delivery wasn't great to him at times. We would often get to our front third and instead of looking for a throughball forward, we would stop, pass sideways or backwards. This I where we really missed a creative and forward thinking Flores who gets those diagonal balls through the defence.

Conversely, MV were not at all short of attacking players in Thomson and Rojas who constantly put pressure on our back 4.

Obviously, as has been stated, it's only a trial game and Spase and Djite were not playing tonight. And Vidosic who is our new number 10 only played 15 minutes and not at peak fitness. Hopefully he can shake things up a bit. Bring on the season.
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Here's some footage I managed to get from the game, got almost 40 minutes before my camera died.

http://vimeo.com/29496105
adamAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fabian Barbiero and Jeronimooo
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bodys in a barrel

Postby adamAUFC Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Well i hope this proves all the Slory haters wrong. I just can't get over the fact that he is only 50k in the A-league fantasy team!

Oh and btw SVD looked like he couldn't be bothered out there on the pitch last night.
Red till Im Dead
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:21 am

finially got on the net to see the result. Pity about the late equaliser sounds like everyone from both side can walk away happy. Great crowd! Hope i can get my hands on a pc for streams!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”