Eugen Levchenko

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: Eugen Levchenko

Postby Agostinho Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:17 am

cursing on a public social media is a bit stupid i reckon, but the one about his "hobby/job" i especially feel is a dumb move. i mean we as the fans already aren't happy with the effort being put in by players, and then he goes and posts something like that??

do i just need to take a chill pill? lol
I read that as if he's saying his profession is also his passion. Like, how good is it that you get paid to do what you would choose to do for nothing kinda thing.
#WeAreUnited
Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:24 am

cursing on a public social media is a bit stupid i reckon, but the one about his "hobby/job" i especially feel is a dumb move. i mean we as the fans already aren't happy with the effort being put in by players, and then he goes and posts something like that??

do i just need to take a chill pill? lol
I read that as if he's saying his profession is also his passion. Like, how good is it that you get paid to do what you would choose to do for nothing kinda thing.
yea, i too thought that's what he meant, but still take a funny feeling towards it, because well, i could argue he's not taking his profession serious enough when you look at our results/performances.

if we were top, i'd love that comment, but as we're not, it looks as if he's not focused enough.

nothing major, i know, but still...
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:54 am

Biggest danger with things like twitter (and forum posts for that matter) is of course interpretation. If you don't know the guy, his personality, his sense of humour etc then things can easily be misread/misinterpreted. In addition, you do not have the benefit of communication aids such as tone of voice, facial expressions, mood of character, context etc.

And hey, English is his second (third?) language.
Red rooter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Van dijk - cassio

Postby Red rooter Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Correct
Well said
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:17 pm

true true, still, i'm not angry - just disappointed lol.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 pm

One thing about Lev is that he has followers from all over Europe who ask him stuff and send him messages. I find it hard to follow him cuase he can be talking about all sorts of stuff and he switches between languages so easily.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:24 am

Wow I really think everyone needs to either 1. Relax about what people personally post on their personal accounts or 2. Get off twitter so it doesn't upset them as much.

Please everyone having this kind of access to our idols is a privilege no other generation has ever got. Don't piss it all way with this petty over analysis over everyones tweets.
These people don't have to make their opinions public they do it to create a better relationship with their fans you and me. Don't waste it!
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:49 am

Here's a Google Translate of Lev's Feb 4 interview with a Ukrainian football website:

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ml&act=url

On moving to Australia:
In order to decide on such a step must be to some extent, an adventurer. Not everyone will agree to go to Australia - unknown to many football country. But for me it is - new opportunities, new friendships, new impressions. I came here, not only to learn the local football, but also to get acquainted with the continent and a new country for themselves.
On Kosmina:
After three days stay at the helm of the team said he would bet on the young Australian players and not yet count on me. I was very disappointed. Of course, the change of coaches in the team - it is always a risk to drop out of football. Especially in such an authoritarian coach as Kosmina. To me he his toughness and desire to keep a tight rein on all the coaches like the old Soviet training.
(In Soviet Russia, ball kicks YOU)

On the standard and style of Aussie football:
Of course, to compare the Australian and European Championship of any incorrectly. And it's not the amounts that are invested in the development of football. The fact that in Australia, few truly strong or talented players. There's even a lack of effect of local students! Do not operate very efficiently, local schools, and reluctantly players come here from other countries. Yes, they returned a few players who have to raise the level of football: it's Harry Kewell, Emerton and Brad - famous names in football. On the whole, some commands, such as the Brisbane Roar and Central Coast, show good soccer. You have to know that Australian football - just kind of. It is a powerful, power football, which physically is not inferior to European football, and perhaps superior to it. And tactically it, of course, still need to grow. But this is the future of football, because football clubs in Australia - finanosoe stable position. This football invest, acquire players, coaches. Local players who have played here a long time in football, told me that over the last couple of years the team has grown significantly, increased levels of players.
On supporter demands for 'toughness':
I think the question here in the local style of football. Even the fans who come to the stadium, they want to see men fight, when all the team players are laid out to the last, "bite" the lawn. Therefore, the judges give a play, so for some violation of the rules close their eyes. Of course, some players are ill-considered decision on the field, which lead to sad consequences. But these players are in all the championships!
On his playing future:
Australia - an attractive country in terms of everyday life, and in terms of football, always nice to play in the championship, which develops, but, on the other hand, I'm not 18 years old, and I want and is ready to play football rather than sit on the bench. So if in the near future will not change anything, I do not see any reason to stay here. A contract with the team I have until April 2012. If you do not renew the contract here, it is likely to return to Holland. Maybe even have'll do some other thing, not football. On this occasion I have said Duzhe football with my agent. I feel good, do not reach an injury, but I ask myself the question: "Will I enjoy football?".
Some interesting insights. Given that he won't be playing ACL it seems extremely likely that his contract won't be renewed and he'll be heading back to Europe at the end of this season - so good luck to Lev, hope we see more of him at the back end of this season at least!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Hammerzeit

Postby Hammerzeit Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:12 am

Yes, they returned a few players who have to raise the level of football: it's Harry Kewell, Emerton and Brad - famous names in football.
Not a bad interview, pretty much as expected in terms of Lev's view of his future here. But it's good to see Brad finally get recognition for his contribution to Australian football.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:23 am

Justice for Brad!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:43 pm

That little interview shows what a pro he has been and still is, I must say that it is a shame we haven't seen SVD get the 10 days to finalise his Indonesian citizenship (which would qualify him as our +1 under AFC for some reason) and that Cassio hasn't finalised his Australian citizenship either (though he doesn't count as a local under AFC regs until around April?).
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:21 am

Hopefully he can get some game time locally while others are being rested during the ACL campaign.
Spudda Glog

Postby Spudda Glog Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:40 am

Personally I like the guy and I think his interactions with fans via twitter have been great for the club.

But in saying that as an import player, IMO I don’t think he really offers the club much more in that CM role that club already has. I’m not saying he is shit, just that we have other players of equal or better quality to fill the role he plays. Therefore I wouldn't mind if the club did not renew his contract and wished him all the best elsewhere.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Lev hasn't been included in the ACL squad. Terrible choice IMO I feel we are still to see the best of him and he offers more versatility they Pancho.
As I have said before IMO Pancho needs to improve his passing and attacking play before he is considered better then any local players we have which begs the question, why waste a visa spot on him? And Lev for that matter whats the point of paying a player we can't use?
Why don't AUFC just follow the 3+1 rule so this doesn't keep happening?
Time to Djbate!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Why don't AUFC just follow the 3+1 rule so this doesn't keep happening?
Well they did have Shin in the squad last time around and his reward for exponential improvement in 2010 was to be 'allowed to leave' by Rini

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”