Errea Kits

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Errea Kits

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Don't want to stress anybody out, but I thought you might be interested to know that my son's U12 team had their strip supplied by Errea this season. They received shorts and socks half way through the season and finally received their shirts a few weeks ago with only half a dozen games left to play.

I'm sure they will make a better effort when it comes to an A-League club but perhaps some cause for concern as to when they will appear in the shops.
Help me understand why you posted this on Sept 10 after we all have seen the new kits in photos?
Certainly... I was just trying to make the point that if the manufacturer's tardiness in supplying my son's team is anything to go by it might be a while before we are able to purchase our new shirts from the club shop etc.

My confidence in them is not improved by the vagueness of the release date:

"The new home and alternate playing shirts, plus other official Errea supporter apparel, is expected to be available for purchase by the opening weekend of the Hyundai A-League season on October 7."
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Don't want to stress anybody out, but I thought you might be interested to know that my son's U12 team had their strip supplied by Errea this season. They received shorts and socks half way through the season and finally received their shirts a few weeks ago with only half a dozen games left to play.

I'm sure they will make a better effort when it comes to an A-League club but perhaps some cause for concern as to when they will appear in the shops.
Help me understand why you posted this on Sept 10 after we all have seen the new kits in photos?
Certainly... I was just trying to make the point that if the manufacturer's tardiness in supplying my son's team is anything to go by it might be a while before we are able to purchase our new shirts from the club shop etc.

My confidence in them is not improved by the vagueness of the release date:

"The new home and alternate playing shirts, plus other official Errea supporter apparel, is expected to be available for purchase by the opening weekend of the Hyundai A-League season on October 7."
I doubt that a club playing in the top tier of a national competition would be getting their strips midway through their season, as opposed to an U12 side.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:05 pm

I doubt that a club playing in the top tier of a national competition would be getting their strips midway through their season, as opposed to an U12 side.
Well one would certainly hope not ! But I was thinking more in terms of a potential delay in the replica strips arriving in the shops rather than the team going without.

But hey, you never know - who would've thought the club would have trusted their season ticket allocation to an outlet that managed to send 3 sets of tickets to some people and none to others ?
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:21 pm

who would've thought the club would have trusted their season ticket allocation to an outlet that managed to send 3 sets of tickets to some people and none to others?
and sell tickets to the general public, during a members/season ticket holders only window!
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:49 am

General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Cost should be less than $100 for members/season ticket holders - missed opportunity to sell heaps of the new kit and actually make coin.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:07 pm

AUFC's owners are pretty good businessmen. My guess is they've got a fair bit more of an idea about how to maximise profits than most of us.

And given that most people who will buy a shirt are members/season ticket holders, reducing the price to their key demographic doesn't strike me as a way to maximise profits.

Who here won't buy a shirt for $125, yet would if it were $100? 1 in 4? I doubt it.
#WeAreUnited
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:45 pm

They've got me hook, line and sinker. I'd buy a new shirt at those prices. If it was significantly MORE than last season, then I'd probably reconsider.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:29 pm

AUFC's owners are pretty good businessmen. My guess is they've got a fair bit more of an idea about how to maximise profits than most of us.

And given that most people who will buy a shirt are members/season ticket holders, reducing the price to their key demographic doesn't strike me as a way to maximise profits.

Who here won't buy a shirt for $125, yet would if it were $100? 1 in 4? I doubt it.
:bow: someone who uses their brain!

Sick of hearing ppl say "this costs too much , that costs to much wah wah wah, oh how tight is the club not paying flores an extra 100k"
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
bensy

Postby bensy Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:32 pm

hmmm... martin might be on to something with errea. surely, there should be no need to pre-order.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:22 pm

just tried to order my shirt but you cant get them with numbers or names!
bahhhh humbug. this is outrageous and out of principal i will not be purchasing a shirt now!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 pm

just tried to order my shirt but you cant get them with numbers or names!
bahhhh humbug. this is outrageous and out of principal i will not be purchasing a shirt now!
Are you serious, i want my vidosic 10 shirt now!

So basically i paid $65 to have to wait for my shirt like a regular person, no pre-order privilege for me...well i least i can vote :)
We are UNITED, after all....
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:56 pm

when are they for sale in the sports shops
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:18 pm

i want my Cassio top now!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:07 pm

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/defaul ... y&id=41178

Hmm seems MartinAUFC may have been on to something. It's getting dangerously close to the start of the season. Hopefully at least the players have the kits by round 1!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”