Marcos Flores sold to Henan Jianye for $500,000

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: Marcos Flores sold to Henan Jianye for $500,000

Postby Agostinho Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:07 am

ADELAIDE United star Marcos Flores wants to have one last passionate kick with his fans at Glenelg before packing his bags for China.

Flores says he's leaving Adelaide with a heavy heart in a deal said to be worth $2.4 million.

But before he goes, he said, the children of Uluru need a lasting legacy "of his love for the people of Australia".

The Argentinean, who was sold by Adelaide United to China's Henan Jianye club yesterday, has called for fans to be part of an all-in kick-about at Glenelg's Colley Reserve from 11am on Saturday.

But there's a catch. Flores said he was touched by the kindness of the indigenous communities of Uluru and Alice Springs when he visited Central Australia with team-mates Eugene Galekovic and Daniel Mullen.

"These kids need boots, these kids need t-shirts, they need socks, they need balls. I want people to bring them down when they play football with me," Flores said.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6083065620
#WeAreUnited
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 am

I would definately good down if i wasn't playing at that time :(
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:49 am

Its not harry the ffa should be paying to stay in the league i think its flores imo,
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:27 am

Its not harry the ffa should be paying to stay in the league i think its flores imo,
I don't know. Harry is known by almost everyone in Australia, Marcos isn't. I'm sure the fans of each club would be interested in watching him but I can't see opposition crowds flocking to AU games like they will if Harry plays for MV.

I hear Marcos is really upset about leaving.
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 am

He's getting an extra $480k/year to ease the pain... I can understand that people don't want to believe that a guy like Flores would leave a club that he apparently loves so much solely for the money, but that is a big pay packet and moving to a lowly CSL side is not exactly a step up. Can't blame him for it, but if it were any other player people would be calling him a mercenary..

End of the day, he has made his decision to leave and the club has gotten some coin out of it. I'm upset because I just assumed he would see out his contract, I was looking forward to another season with him pulling the strings in midfield, but it's not to be - that's football... and the FFA should not help any one club retain/sign ANY player, unless they offer equal assistance to all clubs..

Don't know what the point of this post is.. other than to say 'good luck Marcos', I understand the player & the club's decision, now just got to look forward to next season! Every cloud has a silver lining, now maybe we'll see Barbs get some more game time
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 am

Oh well, was looking forward to him playing but... next!
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Anti

Postby Anti Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Has it actually been officially confirmed that FFA are kicking in for Kewell? I thought that was hearsay and the reality is Kewell is backing his name to increase MV revenue and he's taking a clip?
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:12 pm

Has it actually been officially confirmed that FFA are kicking in for Kewell? I thought that was hearsay and the reality is Kewell is backing his name to increase MV revenue and he's taking a clip?
Various sources suggesting that only Sydney was offered FFA assistance in the race for Kewell...
#WeAreUnited
Anti

Postby Anti Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 pm

well, lets face it. SFC need all the help they can get. They can only dream of being half the well run, well supported club we have/are
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Before everyone jumps down the FFA's throat for offering assistance to get HK remember that the FFA carried us for a long time, if it was not for their intervention we might have a club to follow.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 pm

If they do chip in for kewell i doubt it will be for a certain club, it may be more like " harry here is some cash for you ......only if you play for an aussie club, you choose the club"
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
LincolnFan
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: HUGE

Postby LincolnFan Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:57 pm

All i want to say is Goodbye Marcos and thank you for the time you spent in a red shirt!

I honestly believe him when he says that one day he will come back! Adelaide has a way of sticking with someone its a hard place not to love!

Until that day.....The hunt for the next Flores, leckie and Ogenovski continues...
oztrainspotter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Levy

Postby oztrainspotter Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Will a sports star, please, one day, please, please just admit that: sports are lucrative, you only get about 10-15 years tops of earning capacity, you've probably thrown away most other career opportunities. etc. etc. It's always about the money.

I've heard that Garry McIntosh, a Norwood Football Club LEGEND is living it real tough these days.
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Will a sports star, please, one day, please, please just admit that: sports are lucrative, you only get about 10-15 years tops of earning capacity, you've probably thrown away most other career opportunities. etc. etc. It's always about the money.

I've heard that Garry McIntosh, a Norwood Football Club LEGEND is living it real tough these days.
He wouldn't be the only one.

Some ex-footballers can live good lives after retiring from playing, make a living either in or out of football. Others just piss away their hard-earned dough. And there's Paul Gascoigne, genius though he was.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:33 pm

A mate of mine works for the Crows and he told me how these days players are made to go to info sessions on what to do with you're money so the excess money a lot of these players make serves them well into the future.
So not only are they giving people the fish they're teaching them how to as well.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”