Marcos Flores sold to Henan Jianye for $500,000

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

davidbloop
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Re: Marcos Flores sold to Henan Jianye for $500,000

Postby davidbloop Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:30 pm

I'm shattered at this news.

All I can say is I hope Adelaide recruits well... REALLY well coming up to the start of the season.
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 pm

would have been good to see him for one more year, but shit happens, its all part 0f following a football club , ill still be there and who no,s who we might get, just goes to show what a good signing caravella is
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Estrada anyone?
#WeAreUnited
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Yeah i wonder what his deal is atm? He does fit the bill, young talented and looking to further his career....use au as a stepping stone

I really look forward to see who comes in his place and already feel a little sorry for his as he will have immense pressure to perform.

Anyone find it ironic that the same names on other forums that took issue to letting leckie go for free now are in an uproar over selling flores? Ironic?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Yeah i wonder what his deal is atm? He does fit the bill, young talented and looking to further his career....use au as a stepping stone

I really look forward to see who comes in his place and already feel a little sorry for his as he will have immense pressure to perform.

Anyone find it ironic that the same names on other forums that took issue to letting leckie go for free now are in an uproar over selling flores? Ironic?
They're probably the same idiots that were whinging when we signed Leckie, that AU weren't signing SA talent!
Time to Djbate!
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Okay so I’ve just come home from the press conference announcing Flores’ departure from the club. I need to get all this down before I forget everything. Stupid me forgot to charge my phone before going so I didn’t get to record the thing. :(

Key points:

- Marcos Flores has been sold to Henan Jianye in the Chinese Super League
- Duration of contract is unknown at the moment, and he still doesn’t know when he will leave for China. One would expect it would be soon.
- Prior to the conference, I was at the club’s training session - a few things to note:
-- Cassio was not happy (but was always smiling), Pancho didn’t know what to say, GK coach Blazincic was not happy, Flores himself was definitely not happy with how the club handled the situation.
- Anyways back to the conference, Head Coach Rini Coolen and Chairman Greg Griffin were also present.
- Mood inside the conference room was quite sombre.
- Griffin said the club had done all it could to try and keep Flores at United.
- Flores said that as part of his reasoning to move, he wanted to help the team he was moving to. He wanted to try new experiences, and to improve his game.
- He is forever grateful to the fans of United, who he says, reminded him of the passion of football.
- He wants to come back to Adelaide. Whether that’s in 3 months or 5 years. He said he’ll keep in contact with all the friends he has made here.
- Marcos was asked if he knew anyone he could recommend to come over to fill his void, and he said there are 100 other players who could do better than him.
- Greg Griffin then said that it will be hard to find the “complete package” like Marcos.
- Although the footballing department had not actively been looking for another player in Flores’ position, the search has already begun as of this morning with agents phoning in.
- Greg Griffin said that Michael Petrillo will be sent back to South America, as there are previous candidates (when they signed Flores) there they wish to look into and see their progress.
- Rini still admits that a central defender is the key position that they need to fill, but also said that with Flores’ departure they would need to get the numbers back up again. This is compounded with the loss of key players such as Dodd and Leckie who both played in the same position.
- On the topic of marquee players - Griffin had said that van Dijk had agreed to fall into the cap if Flores has signed on. But now that he hasn’t signed on, there’s still a possibility of signing a marquee if warranted.
- When asked about an FFA funding pool to help keep Flores in the A-League (much like what they were offering to do with Harry Kewell and Sydney FC), Griffin had said it would have been nice to have that luxury.

That’s all that I can remember off the top of my head.
Last edited by RedsUnited on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Can you elaborate on cassio on others not being happy? With what ? Or just had a bad day?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Cassio said he's lost his No.10 and was saddened by it. Pancho didn't really know how to respond to the probing questions about losing Marcos.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 pm

wonder if he will have a release clause if they Chinese club gets relegated, sell him for $$ then get him back for peanuts when his club gets relegated. Masterplan by AUFC.
Maybe he'll do a Smeltz - get there to find it's a real shit hole and rip up his contract and high tail it back to sunny Adelaide :wink:
ThatDickw/theGlasses

Postby ThatDickw/theGlasses Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Yet again our club shafts ourselves in the arse.

Seriously though, care to explain how, exactly?
wonder if he will have a release clause if they Chinese club gets relegated, sell him for $$ then get him back for peanuts when his club gets relegated. Masterplan by AUFC.
How have people completely missed the point here? Flavez is right - a sell-on agreement, getting money for a player in his last year of contract, sure we've lost a shit-hot player who we'll all miss dearly, but this is football, people.
Nuske
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: FLORES

Postby Nuske Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Maybe he'll do a Smeltz - get there to find it's a real shit hole and rip up his contract and high tail it back to sunny Adelaide :wink:
I hope he comes back some day. It would be awesome, even if he becomes guest player in finals.
Plus asian football fans are as plastic as Barbie and Marcos would hate it anyway. :P
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Just want to say that if you want to check out the Adelaide United FC facebook page, there are over 100 comments about Marcos leaving.

Its great to see such passion for the club by the fans. This is what makes this club a 'club'. :)
We are UNITED, after all....
bensy

Postby bensy Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:28 pm

a sad day

he never disappointed though.

Agostinho

Postby Agostinho Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 am

Adelaide United star Marcos Flores has promised Reds fans he will return to the club after finishing his commitments with his new team Henan Jianye of China.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league ... ows-Flores

Goes on to say that he leaves with a heavy heart and that he'll be back as a player or a coach one day.

Also says that it has nothing to do with the money - which I don't believe for a minute.
#WeAreUnited
Agostinho

Postby Agostinho Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:35 am

I also think its a bit strange him saying that he's going because he wants to help a struggling team - a year ago he was saying how much he wants to win championships - which he didn't achieve yet. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd abandon ambition, but maybe I'm being overly cynical.
#WeAreUnited

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”