New Corporate Facilities at Hindmarsh?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Hammerzeit
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

New Corporate Facilities at Hindmarsh?

Postby Hammerzeit Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:03 am

Val reports in the Advertiser today that Adelaide's leadership have submitted plans to the state government to develop the corporate facilities at Hindmarsh in direct competition with AAMI Stadium and Adelaide Oval.

Centrepiece of the proposal looks to be a superbox for up to 80 club guests in the Western Stand. Looks like the new owners are looking at corporate support as a central plank in their plans for the club, with Rini mooted as a pre-game speaker in the superbox prior to all home games.
Ray
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Re: New Corporate Facilities at Hindmarsh?

Postby Ray Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am

This is excellent news, there are not enough corporate facilities at Hindmarsh and if the club are looking to do this then they are obviously looking at Hindmarsh as our long term home as opposed to Adelaide Oval.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:57 am

Hello! Sounds very promising! I hope a club house is in the plans! Another great move by then new owners!
Time to Djbate!
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:31 am

wonder if it's in the south west corner, reasonable amount of room to build something there.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:03 am

Improving the corporate attendee experience will definitely generate a greater stream of revenue for the club. Good move.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:29 am

if the club are looking to do this then they are obviously looking at Hindmarsh as our long term home as opposed to Adelaide Oval.
i certainly hope this myself, Hindmarsh is home. we don't need a massive stadium just yet! wait at least another decade, at least.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:26 pm

The facility appears to be in the western stand. So i'm not sure if they're turning the current boxes into a large one or adding to it. The picture in the paper, IMO it looks a little pokey in there but hopefully this is the first step towards a new a improved Hindmarsh Stadium. As Greg Griffin mentions. this facility is the first plank in this consolidation process of Hindmarsh stadium for AU.

I like how they mentioned AU are rivaling Port Power for support!
Time to Djbate!
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:42 pm

This is excellent news, there are not enough corporate facilities at Hindmarsh and if the club are looking to do this then they are obviously looking at Hindmarsh as our long term home as opposed to Adelaide Oval.
pretty sure i read an article were Griffen said they only wanted to play 1 game a season at AO, preferably MV.
On footballnews it was mentioned that initially the proposed redevlopment back in 1994 for the olympics was for it to be a 22k all seater, would be nice if that could be done eventually. :)
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:16 pm

The current stadium is situated incorrectly on the block. There is really quite limited changes they can do to the stadium, a really useful goal would be roofing the eastern stand.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
King_Billy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby King_Billy Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:00 pm

a really useful goal would be roofing the Northern stand.
Fixed :P
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:23 pm

corporate boxes turn alot of cash when they are used.

The Young consortium used this as one of the main reasons for wanting to play games at adelaide oval.

I have said this before but i think they could build 3-4 storey pillars in the empty corners of the south end almost as compact flats put ontop of each other and use then as corporate boxes, would be an interesting look anyway.

As far as upgrading the stadium capacity is concerned i cant help but think it surely is possible. I have only ever heard reasons why it cant be upgraded from hobyists, fans and Uni Students. All it takes is a few influential people to change their minds and get approval and you would be amazed at what is possible.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:51 pm

As far as upgrading the stadium capacity is concerned i cant help but think it surely is possible. I have only ever heard reasons why it cant be upgraded from hobyists, fans and Uni Students. All it takes is a few influential people to change their minds and get approval and you would be amazed at what is possible.
It would seem that someone agrees with you.
United wants to eventually increase capacity at Hindmarsh and expand surrounding amenities for car parking and the new corporate facility is the first plank in a "consolidation' process.
Interesting statement about expanding surrounding amenities, maybe they are looking at buying some of the adjacent properties?

The other hint about this is in this line
first stage of a push to transform the Hindmarsh Stadium footprint
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:20 pm

i reckon if they are able to remove the church behind the southern stand certainly anything is possible!

One avenue i would consider is AU looking at Thebarton Oval. There is so much space for carparking and the ground pretty much stays unused half the year. They play cricket there and a few SANFL games there.
Why not look into turning it into a rectangular ground with more the ample room to grow! Obviously thats long term but currently Hindmarsh is very limited.

I hope AU come out soon and mention their other plans for Hindmarsh. I'd love to know!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Another thing i want to know is who is going to pay for this? I can't see these savvy business men forking out millions to upgrade a facility they don't own. I would be extremely surprised if this even get close to starting before the new season starts.
Time to Djbate!
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:43 pm

I would assume they will be expecting the State Government to pay for it, but with them already broke and spending 1/2 a billion plus on the AO oval I think they will be struggling!

Maybe they are going to put in an offer to buy Hindy?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”