'Reds Culture Change Needed'

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

'Reds Culture Change Needed'

Postby Agostinho Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:56 pm

ADELAIDE United coach Rini Coolen believes a shift in mentality within the club is needed if the Reds are to taste the success of an A-League championship and be back competing in Asia.

In his review of the Reds’ 2010/11 season and plans for the year ahead, Coolen identified changing the culture that currently exists at the club would be a key focus in preparation for season seven.

After experiencing a host of disruptions in the lead up to, and during, the club’s recent finals campaign which again came to a premature end, Coolen is planning to significantly adjust the mindset of the club to one where everyone is united and moving in the same direction.

“We have to change the club culture and that means in short that the club is number one and that there is no person more important than the club, not even the coach, so that’s a kind of thing we have to change for the future,” Coolen said.
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/News/199284,r ... eeded.aspx
#WeAreUnited
Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: 'Reds Culture Change Needed'

Postby Nash Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 pm

was just making this thread lol, thought i'd check the forum before i pushed submit. wise move.

i'm so very positive about the future. i know people still have their doubts about Coolen, but i am confident in him. he is making the right decisions, and we will continue to grow as we retain the title as the A-Leagues best club! we just need to ride the rough for a while, whilst what needs doing gets done.

IN RINI I TRUST
“Of course they have to be quality players, we need the right balance, they have to fit in our budget, they have to be proud to play for Adelaide United, and they have to have a challenge, and that challenge is to win something in the future with the club, and a personal challenge to use the club to make their next step for the future."
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:05 pm

As an outsider looking in, Rini seems spot on the money.

I think the older boys have their way and they may be a little inflexible.

If Viddie was still in control and had the riches of our new owners i think he would be doing the same thing right now also.

Next season i expect nothing less then a well oiled machine mainly with guys who still have their best years ahead of them.

Its time AU became professional instead of emotional with long serving players and their past glories. Your only as good as your last game , if you dont perform you dont play
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Also since we are talking about the future and changing the club culture/more professional.

Can we lose the fast food chain logo as our club emblem? id must rather a shield or something that truly represent us. Look at what the MLS have come up with compared to ours .. maybe ill start a thread about it tomorrow ..
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Rini Coolen's Season in Review
For me it’s normal after a season to have a break for a couple of days or sometimes a couple of weeks to review a couple of things, and then come together and give everybody the opportunity to ask questions and I try to answer as many of them as possible.
- http://adelaideunited.com.au/default.as ... y&id=39380

written by Rini himself it would appear, no authored noted but the way it reads suggest this is written by the man himself. my goodness, this is excellent, i love this new level of communication from the club to the fans.

Rini <3

EDIT:
The game after that was a fantastic 4-1 win over Melbourne Victory. It was very important, not only the result, but also for our supporters, and the way we won the game was pretty impressive.
i will never forget this day, i will never regret the money i've spent on travelling to Melbourne loss after loss, bcoz to be there that day, was absolutely incredible.

also
Then it was Melbourne Victory again and the question was ‘can we beat them again?’ We did and I was very happy with that, especially for our supporters who deserve a lot for the way they supported us throughout the whole season. It was a fantastic game to prepare for the most important part of the season, the finals.
once more, i love this man
I think we have to thank our supporters for supporting us the whole year in our home games but also our away games. They deserve in the future to see the same football that we played this year. We entertained and can we do this better – of course we can do better, but what they also deserve in the future is winning things and playing finals.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:31 pm

Great!
Looking forward to next season...

B)

In 7 months... :(
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
flavze

Postby flavze Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Also since we are talking about the future and changing the club culture/more professional.

Can we lose the fast food chain logo as our club emblem? id must rather a shield or something that truly represent us. Look at what the MLS have come up with compared to ours .. maybe ill start a thread about it tomorrow ..
was actually thinking this the other day, i'd be happy for a redesign of the logo. Start a thread as it will be an interesting way to pass the time in the off season.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Hell, we've got enough time to have a new stadium handbuilt by fans like that German club in the off season.

I'm happy enough with the logo, never saw it as a problem.
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Rini is putting his stamp on the club since he has no previous baggage. Keeping the club's best performers and blooding in the youth, a whole new professional and open approach to things, all of that has been lacking up to now.

You can change many things, but you can't change the way people are. That's why it's not such an easy task.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:30 pm

I like the logo. I wear it proudly.
redhorse
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Postby redhorse Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:06 pm

I too like the logo. Its a well known brand now. Here and in asia
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Something more blingy and pretentious would be quite honest and accurate.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:14 pm

Got the wrong club DV.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
flavze

Postby flavze Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:44 am

lol, how do you come to that conclusion?

please answer.
flavze

Postby flavze Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:46 am

Hell, we've got enough time to have a new stadium handbuilt by fans like that German club in the off season.

I'm happy enough with the logo, never saw it as a problem.
sounds like fun, i've got a cement mixer and a wheelbarrow. When ya wana start?

I don't hate our logo, just think it could be fine tuned and made to look a bit nicer.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”